Canada Kicks Ass
The Radiant Abyss of the Nihilist Right-Wing

Previous  1 ... 56  57  58  59  60  61  62  Next

bootlegga @ Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm

So much for objectiveness and not picking winners and loser in the marketplace - the Premier of Alberta tweeted last night that we should all buy from Shopify:

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1247360409335549955?s=20

Why would he do this? I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that his former chief of staff works there as a VP now. :wink:

BeaverFever @ Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 am

Sean Hannity’s revisionist gaslighting shows how the right- wing tries to rewrite history whenever they get caught on the wrong side of it:

$1:
Supercut Highlights Sean Hannity's Stunning Hypocrisy On Coronavirus

Media Matters for America put the Fox News host's rant against rival media this week with his past comments, and it's a painful watch.
04/11/2020 02:55 AM EDT

Fox News host Sean Hannity’s hypocrisy on the coronavirus is laid bare in a new supercut that the progressive watchdog group Media Matters for America released on Friday.

The montage features footage of the primetime “Hannity” host on Thursday evening excoriating other media outlets who initially downplayed the threat of the outbreak, many likening it to the seasonal ’flu.
However, the video is intercut with multiple other clips of Hannity continuing to dismiss the risk for weeks ― in lockstep with President Donald Trump, of whom he is a staunch ally ― long after rival media had started to acknowledge its severity.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.huffpost. ... 28fb24/amp

DrCaleb @ Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am

One thing that makes me smile about the right is how they condemn Trudeau for not acting fast enough on Covid-19, but don't condemn Trump for all the delays and denials he made. :lol:

Having the right wing media back pedal on pretty much every topic is just icing.

herbie @ Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 am

Well let's see:
one self isolated, tells us daily to follow the advice of the medical professionals, stay apart, take things seriously, listens to the premiers and finds ways to financially assist us,
The other interrupts and contradicts Medical Officers, offers his own medical opinions instead, constantly mentions how soon they can go to work, suggests going to church for Easter, says publicly Governers must toady up to him to get assistance and hands a temporary pittance to workers and promote hoarding on a national scale.
One is finally showing leadership, the other doubling down showing malignant narcissism.

Which one do you think the festering asswipes claiming to speak for the "right" prefer?
NOBODY acted fast enough, not even the regime they fear and loathe the most that could and did.

stratos @ Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:28 am

774 cases in my county up 132 sense Friday Morning. They were saying that we would be spiking last week and this week. :cry:

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:39 am

stratos stratos:
774 cases in my county up 132 sense Friday Morning. They were saying that we would be spiking last week and this week. :cry:

In my province, there have been 18 deaths from Covid-19, and 38 deaths from the 2019/2020 annual flu.

rickc @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:29 am

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/us_world ... Jw4a7TMK2U

A 13 year old kid from Estonia calling himself "commander" was running an international Neo Nazi group. Can you imagine being that screwed up at 13? The story has a local connection for me. The FBI started looking hard into 24 year old Conor Climo when they found he was communicating with this group. He was already on their radar as he had been on the local news several times for various things. He lived up the street from me. He went to the same school at the same time as my kid. He told the FBI that he was planning to firebomb a local synagogue or ADL office. Good thing that they caught him before he acted. At least there is one good story in the news. I wonder what will happen to the "commander".

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 am

rickc rickc:
I wonder what will happen to the "commander".

They will make him President of Hungary. ;)

xerxes @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:51 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:
I wonder what will happen to the "commander".

They will make him President of Hungary. ;)

Nah. Trump cabinet member at least.

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 am

$1:
Tory MP notes 'most' pandemic deaths are in care homes, asks if it's time to reopen economy

A Conservative MP is being urged to apologize after posting and then removing a tweet asking if it's time to re-start the economy, given that COVID-19 deaths have been mostly confined to seniors' care homes where life expectancy is low.

The posting on Marc Dalton's Twitter feed went up at 11:30 am today and came down shortly afterwards — but not before it had been seen by CBC News.

"Most deaths are in care homes where average life expectancy is 2 yrs & 65% usually pass in the 1st yr. Time to start moving Canada back to work?" the tweet said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/marc-d ... -1.5531115

I wonder how many parents he is willing to sacrifice at the altar of capitalism?

Thanos @ Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Here's how low some of these militant extremist scum will go, while they're out pantomiming that their astroturfed protest was all about "muh rights, muh freedumbz". Michigan Proud Boys and other far-right shitheads block intersection outside hospital with their vehicles, doctor comes out to plead with them to get out of the way for ambulances:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4 ... s-measures

$1:
A huge phalanx of cars, reportedly numbering in the thousands, flooded the streets of downtown Lansing, Michigan, on Wednesday, driven by people—mostly conservative Republicans, but featuring a healthy contingent of gun-wielding far-right extremists—protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s lockdown orders for the Great Lakes State, issued last week amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Called “Operation Gridlock,” the protest—organized primarily by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, a group with connections both to far-right extremists and to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos—successfully shut down all traffic in and around Lansing. That included traffic to and from Sparrow Hospital, the city’s main coronavirus treatment center, as well as in and out of the Capitol building, whose entrance at one point was blocked by a truck bearing a large sign for the Michigan Proud Boys.

Most of the vehicles were pickup trucks, many of them adorned with signs and flags. Ordinary American flags, yellow “Don’t Tread On Me” Gadsden flags, and deep blue Trump flags dominated the scene. A couple of Confederate flags—including one modified to feature an AR-15 silhouette—were also in the crowd. The Michigan Militia also was present.

The majority of protesters remained in their cars. However, about 150 of them parked and got out to carry protest signs, along with guns, up the steps of the state Capitol building. According to some reports, those protesters generally maintained social distancing rules, but not all of them. At least one group of protesters that gathered on the steps for a video was clustered fairly closely.

"I think every single person here is probably going to get coronavirus, we're all within six feet of each other," protester Nick Somber told WILX-FM.

Multiple photos posted on social media showed an ambulance stuck in the middle of the gridlocked traffic around the hospital. Another photo showed a pickup with a large “Michigan Proud Boys” banner blocking the entrance. Yet another photo showed a doctor out in the middle of the stopped traffic, pleading with drivers to clear a path for the ambulance.

And earlier today that evil fuck in the White House tweeted out "LIBERATE Michigan", and a bunch of other states where the governors aren't kissing his disgusting ass, which will only encourage these quasi-terrorists even more in their malicious activities.

Repeat:

$1:
"I think every single person here is probably going to get coronavirus, we're all within six feet of each other," protester Nick Somber told WILX-FM.

Good. I hope all these trash get it and it thins out their ranks enough to remove them as a social menace. It's not only the sole punishment they'll get for their actions but it will also be the consequence each and every single one of them there absolutely karmically deserves to have happen to them. :x :x :x

herbie @ Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 am

I agree with you. These half-wits were parading their Trump signs and freely giving their most selfish reasons. They don't give a shit about anyone else. I'm all right at the fucking moment Jack, fuck you. The FreeDumb to be parasites on society.

BeaverFever @ Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Meanwhile the Louisiana Talibaptist pastor who defied coronavirus orders and continued to hold services is now asking people to give their badly needed stimulus money to the church.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com ... index.html

‘The coronavirus response is an overblown politically motivated hoax but give me your relief money anyway...er...you know for Jesus’
L

Thanos @ Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Too bad for him because Steve Mnuchin's Treasury Department has ensured that debt collectors will get that emergency money first, leaving nothing at all for the gullibles to donate to such a holy house full of God's love.

BeaverFever @ Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:52 pm

So while Orban has all but made himself dictations for life in Hungary, another of the Righties’ beloved populist authoritarian Putin-Puppets is finding himself in some hot water.

$1:
Bolsonaro in fresh crisis over son's alleged links to fake news racket

Claims risk damaging Brazilian president already reeling from resignation of justice minister

.., Bolsonaro’s administration was already floundering before the recent resignation of his powerful justice minister, Sergio Moro, with another of the president’s sons, Flávio Bolsonaro, facing police scrutiny for suspected corruption and ties to Rio de Janeiro’s mafia.

Bolsonaro’s dismissive reaction to the coronavirus crisis has sparked outrage across the political spectrum and pot-banging protests.

The latest political melodrama exploded on Friday when Moro resigned and publicly accused the president of attempting to improperly meddle in the operations of the federal police by sacking the federal police director, Maurício Valeixo, that morning.

Moro alleged that Bolsonaro, for reasons that remain unclear, hoped to replace Valeixo with someone more amenable to discussing federal police business and sharing intelligence reports with the president.

The man widely touted as Valeixo’s successor is Alexandre Ramagem, the head of Brazil’s intelligence agency, who is reportedly a friend of Carlos Bolsonaro’s.

The Folha de São Paulo claimed federal police officials were convinced Bolsonaro had fired Valeixo “because he was aware the corporation was closing in on his son”.

An editorial in another leading broadsheet, O Globo, said Bolsonaro seemed to want “to turn the federal police into a personal police force, as if he were some kind of third world dictator”.

The Folha de São Paulo claimed another of Bolsonaro’s sons, the congressman Eduardo Bolsonaro, was also being investigated for possible involvement in the fake news group. Eduardo Bolsonaro, who is the South America representative of Steve Bannon’s far-right group The Movement, claimed on Twitter the claims were “an attempt to confuse the population”. He also retweeted an image of a dog defecating on the newspaper’s masthead.

Jair Bolsonaro and his backers have been battling to regain control of the narrative since Moro’s damaging exit, painting the former judge as a pro-choice, anti-gun traitor to their far-right cause.

A photograph of Ramagem and Carlos Bolsonaro fraternising at a New Year’s Eve party was published by Brazilian media on Saturday.

... But claims investigators had identified the president’s son as part of the alleged fake news network – something political foes have long suspected – prompted fresh calls for the president’s impeachment and reinforced growing doubts over whether the rightwing populist would complete his four-year term.

“The government is crumbling,” said Eliane Cantanhêde, a political commentator for the conservative Estado de São Paulo newspaper.

“I wouldn’t bet on an impeachment – either for or against,” she added, pointing to reluctance among some politicians to impeach a third president in less than three decades. “But it’s also hard to imagine Bolsonaro making it through nearly three more years in the midst of this chaos. It’s a real pickle.”

Marcelo Freixo, a leftwing congressman, said he would take legal action to block Ramagem’s appointment.

“Bolsonaro wants to control the federal police ... because he doesn’t want the federal police to advance in its investigations related to his sons. There’s no doubt about it,” Freixo claimed. “Bolsonaro is protecting his children.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ews-racket

Previous  1 ... 56  57  58  59  60  61  62  Next