Canada Kicks Ass
Hidden Gems on Streaming

1  2  3  Next

Scape @ Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:37 pm

DrCaleb @ Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:32 am

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 am

I took the plunge, and signed up for another streaming service. "Curiosity Stream" which also comes with "Nebula".

It's mostly Documentary shows and series, but that is mostly what I watch on Netflix and Prime. Nebula seems to be indy shows and movies, things that the big services won't carry.

It was only $14 for a year, so hopefully it meets that level of monetary expectation. ;)

bootlegga @ Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I took the plunge, and signed up for another streaming service. "Curiosity Stream" which also comes with "Nebula".

It's mostly Documentary shows and series, but that is mostly what I watch on Netflix and Prime. Nebula seems to be indy shows and movies, things that the big services won't carry.

It was only $14 for a year, so hopefully it meets that level of monetary expectation. ;)

Polymatter has a bunch of extended videos on there that look pretty good.

housewife @ Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:02 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Oh let me know what you think. I’ve been thinking about trying that one.

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am

housewife housewife:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I already put series by Stephen Hawking, Jim Al-Kalili, and Brian Greene on my 'favouries' list. :) I think it will be very informative.

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:04 am

housewife housewife:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I like them. I've watched things like "Beer: A Love Story" on Curiosity Stream. [B-o] They have a few categories I'm not interested in, but that's my failing. Nebula also has a lot of the World War II videos that Scape posts, and many that aren't on Youtube.

Lots of Science and Technology titles, lots of exclusive documentary films. For $15 a year, I think it's a no-brainer.

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:04 am

Recommendation on Curiosity Stream: Crash Course: Intellectual Property and Crash Course: Economics.

These are things that heavily affect modern society, but many people have no idea about. The latter also gives a good explanation why Sovereign Debt is not the same as personal debt.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:42 pm

Also from Curiosity Stream:

"Battle Factory" - Inside many manufacturers of arms. Mainly Canadian focused, but US and the UK as well. Interesting things for the curious mind!

"Nigel Latella Blows Things Up". A little like Mythbusters, but he goes a little deeper into things; like does a old large car and a newer small car crashing head on mean the old car has an advantage?

"Combat Obscura" - A tour with US Marines in Afghanistan. 8O

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:43 am

Curiousity stream again. "Gander". It's a history of the man made city, which was created as a stop for transatlantic flights, before aircraft were efficient enough to cross without a fuel stop.

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am

'NYC Revealed'. A deep dive into the systems that keep New York City running. Taxis, trash, steam . . all the nasty stuff that is needed in a modern city.

DrCaleb @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:59 pm

'Reacher" on Amazon. Based on the Books, and movies with Tom Cruise. And Allan Richson? Damn! 8O

And "One of you has to drive to the hospital" ends really funny. I still giggle at it.

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 pm

On Curiosity Stream - "The Colorado Problem".

It's about how the Colorado river was divided up by the western states it flows through, and the mistakes made 100 years ago that has led to the current water crisis that many people in those states face.

It's so new, there isn't a preview video I can find.

https://curiositystream.com/video/6925

And a warning for us to never, ever let them have access to our water.

Thanos @ Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:00 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Already for sale to them I imagine, most likely in the name of freedumb. :|

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Already for sale to them I imagine, most likely in the name of freedumb. :|

Nope. Specifically off the table in the NAFTA part II.

1  2  3  Next