Canada Kicks Ass
The Daily Show

Canadaka @ Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:33 pm

thought id start a thread about the Daily show with John Stewart. Its not canadian, its totaly american but damn is it funny.

Its comedy news, he makes fun of everything especialy america. but speacks so much truth. So much that his shiw was awarded most unbiased news source for the last election i think. because they were biased towards both sides on purpose to be funny, and that was better than the havey bias for one side that msot major news networks have.

Scotth24 @ Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:39 pm

A fine, fine show indeed! It is pretty unbiased, though leans more towards the liberal, Democratic side...if only because the Republicans are so fun and easy to mock. I don't miss a day of the show if I can help it. I highly recommend it others.

DMP08 @ Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:12 pm

I LOVE THE DAILY SHOW!!! I love the "Senior ________ Analasysts" and the 'In the field reporting'. But nonje quite as great as when they cover a small news story and make fun of the people telling it.

FUNNY ASS SHOW! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jerrysb @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:34 pm

while i hope the show lives a long a healthy lkife (down with all fox reality shows and any other filth that dumb downs the human mind), it's sad when we live in a world where poeple watch the daily show to get their news. Somethings wrong with the picture of the world. Maybe we should put our democratic right to work, kick all the politicians out and rework the government (a brilliant idea) to help us, the People, the most powerful force on the earth. Nothing and i mean nothing can stop us. Well except urselves. It's the catch 22.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:40 pm

jerrysb jerrysb:
while i hope the show lives a long a healthy lkife (down with all fox reality shows and any other filth that dumb downs the human mind), it's sad when we live in a world where poeple watch the daily show to get their news. Somethings wrong with the picture of the world. Maybe we should put our democratic right to work, kick all the politicians out and rework the government (a brilliant idea) to help us, the People, the most powerful force on the earth. Nothing and i mean nothing can stop us. Well except urselves. It's the catch 22.

I don't mind some reality shows. I mean sure they are dumb, but sometimes you just need no-mind entertainment, and it can be fun to laugh at people. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean we should get rid of it. This is the problem in this world, that people can't accept the fact that people like different things, and feel like they should get rid of them as though the things they like are better. Don't like them, change the channel, you know. Also, there's plenty of people who get their news at other places other than the daily show, and according to the daily show's little study, people who watch the daily show are actually usually more educated than people who watch Fox News, a main media outlet. I think history has shown that governments almost always end up with some curruption, I mean you just can't depend on people to always be so concerned with others...

jerrysb @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:56 pm

you're right. People should and are allowed to watch what they want. This probably allows societey to get a differant views so there is a better understanding. But shows like the swan are garbage. self esteem doesn't come from being hot. There are many different ways to better oneself (the muslim had a good word but it was tarnished by a group of dicks: jihad the betterment (is this even a word?) of oneself). I don't think liposuctions are a good long term strategy to boost your morale. Fear factor and all that stuff is all good. Sure they are no brainers and i've enjoed beavis and butthead but when a show preys one people's image, maybe we went a little far.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:10 pm

Maybe? I think it's a sure thing. Reality shows would suck a lot less if they had something to do with reality.

I love the Daily Show, of course. It reminds me a lot of Doonesbury in that, once again, some of the best political discourse in the US is being put forth in a medium that should make it the most unlikely for such discourse.

F***, that sounds like a university paper or something...

Prairieboy @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:33 am

If you're a fan of John Stewart, check out John Stewart's awesome performance on CNN's Crossfire.

xerxes @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:08 pm

It was a great performance wasn't it? I think that's one major reason Stewart's show is so popular: he says a lot of stuff that isn't said by the regular media and that, in and of itself, makes the meida look bad when they neglect or downplay stories and then a "comedy" show makes light of it.

I think it's also interesting that a recent study showed that Daily Show viewers are most informed about the issues while 3/4 of Republican voters still think Saddam and Al-Qaida were in cahoots.

pixiedoll @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:59 pm

i loved Jon Stewart on Crossfire, they kept trying to make him look like an idiot but with every responce he just made them look more and more foolish. With hardly saying anything he made them so fluttered they resorted to insults and he soooo came up on top.

yay Jon!

Prairieboy @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:15 pm

My favourite part of it was when he made fun of Tucker's bowtie, that was awesome. But seriously, he's right. Who are they to criticize him for asking soft questions to John Kerry. They're CNN, I don't see them (when I occasionaly, rarely watch or catch something on it) asking any tougher questions that aren't responses for voters. No, not just Kerry, it was the example they used though. He's right, his show is on Comedy Central, the fact is that he, a comedian, is usually showing more news that the actual news is.

sk1d @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:33 pm

those cnn guys obviously didn't get the point of the daily show, it's a comedy show, meant to make people laugh, it's not news, it just makes fun of the news.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:18 pm

I think they got the point just perfectly...that's why they got so defensive about it. They are being out-classed by a comedy show that invites people to actually think.