Canada Kicks Ass
The Netflix recomendation thread - No Spoilers

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 43  Next

BartSimpson @ Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Jeremiah--Survivors of a plague that killed all Adults have grown up and are trying to rebuild the world

Firefly/Serenity(movie based off Firefly)--Cowboys in space. Excellent, albeit short, Adventure series.

+1

Jeremiah was an outstanding series with an outstanding and original premise. Sadly, it was saddled with a low budget and I don't think it was ever aired in the same time slot from one week to the next.

Firefly/Serenity was a masterwork. I give it maybe 20 years before we see it remade with the requisite cameo appearances by the original cast members.

Guy_Fawkes @ Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Few more recommendations....

This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Waiting for "Superman"
John Waters: This Filthy World
Cube

Guy_Fawkes @ Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am

Just finished watching a wonderful German flick, Der Welle "The Wave" I highly suggest you all check it out!

Bodah @ Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Season 4 of Breaking Bad is now on Netflix WOOT !!!!!

xerxes @ Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Just noticed it today; there's a great documentary on racing legend Ayrton Senna simply called Senna. I highly recommend it.

Guy_Fawkes @ Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 am

xerxes xerxes:
Just noticed it today; there's a great documentary on racing legend Ayrton Senna simply called Senna. I highly recommend it.

I guess you have to be really into F1 racing, I found it pretty slow. The guy`s life had some interesting parts, but for most of it I found my self saying "let's get on with it, the scene is not that emotional," or just lots of home movie filler.
Im probably just not into racing enough. :?

xerxes @ Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

That's fair enough. You do have to be a bit of an F1 fan to appreciate it more.

Guy_Fawkes @ Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I would have been a bit better if it had been geared toward and audience like myself, if they could explain why something was incredibly difficult or hard it would have had more of an impact on me.

xerxes @ Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Good point ...again. :D

The F1 cars of Senna' era are nothing like those of today. Nowadays, they're V8's making 800hp. Back then they were turbocharged V12's making over 1200hp. There was little to no aerodynamic downforce, no abs, and very little in the way of driver safety.

Clarkson explains it here a bit more:

Lemmy @ Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Just finished watching In the Heat of the Night, which I hadn't seen in many years. Steiger and Poitier are superb, as is Jewison's direction. Highly recommended.

FurTrader4 @ Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I just finished watching "Hell on Wheels" set in 1865 and centered around a former Confederate Soldier working on the construction of the First Transcontinental Railway. It was pretty good story and pretty long one too there were 10 episodes of about 45 minutes each... :)

CanadianODST @ Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:04 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Great picks Guy.

I would recommend:

Newsradio-needs no explanation IMO

This Film is Not Yet Rated - A neat documentary about the MPAA and they way they rate movies

IP Man 1&2 - Awesome martial arts flms from China.

Top Gear - If you don't watch it already....

How can you have a picture of "The IT Crowd" and not list it? I love that show.

Strutz @ Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 pm

xerxes xerxes:

I saw that too and I intend to watch it. I haven't followed F1 for a few years now but I certainly did follow closely back in his day.

I've been enjoying watching David Attenborough's documentaries "The Blue Planet" and "Wildlife Specials". Several episodes within each one. Some amazing footage.

Still partway through watching Red Dwarf Season 1. I used to watch that on TV years ago but no one seems to show the reruns anymore. I was glad to find it in Netflix.

I noticed today (didn't see it before) that they have Arrested Development available. Haven't seen that in years but I remember it being really funny. Added to list of must watch.

I've watched several movies too but one that really struck me was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Very dark... and disturbing.

xerxes @ Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 pm

CanadianODST CanadianODST:
xerxes xerxes:
Great picks Guy.

I would recommend:

Newsradio-needs no explanation IMO

This Film is Not Yet Rated - A neat documentary about the MPAA and they way they rate movies

IP Man 1&2 - Awesome martial arts flms from China.

Top Gear - If you don't watch it already....

Someone already mentioned it before me, so I didn't want to be redundant.

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 am

CanadianODST CanadianODST:

Strange - I had 'The IT Crowd" in my list, and I was watching it, and now it's gone?!?

I noticed a good movie the other day on NetFlix - 'In Brule'. It's a story about two hitmen who go to the little nowhere town of Brule, Belgium. Funniest movie I had seen for a while. Very 'Peter Sellers'-ish.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 43  Next