birthplace) torn apart by civil insurrection, as it was at that
time. We wanted no part of a country divided by religious
intolerance. We saw in Canada a country and people that were
everything Northern Ireland and its people were not (as we saw
it at the time). We saw in Canada the possibility that if we
worked hard and contributed our share that we could live a life
that mattered; could help build a future that would allow us to
enjoy the fruits of our labour, where we could leave a legacy of
having made a difference to those we lived and worked among.
We were received openly and warmly by the people of Canada
and we quickly set about repaying the confidence Canada had
shown in granting us legal status. Half a century on I believe we
have more than repaid that confidence, but that is for others to
judge, not I. My wife and I worked diligently over our working
life to ensure we presented no unreasonable burden to the
people of this country who so warmly received us. We paid our
taxes willingly to enhance the lives we lived, and to contribute
our share for the benefit of the country, and the people, we
had come to love.
Fast forward then to today and all we dreamed of, all we hoped
for appear as though for naught. Our beloved Canada is

teetering on the brink of civil insurrection herself; her people
divided by ethnic, cultural and religious intolerance. Despite an
average of over 40% of Canadian’s earnings being paid to our
Government in taxes we still see Canadians left to freeze and
starve on Canada’s streets. Seniors who gave everything to
make this country what it was living at or below the poverty
line. Veterans who put their lives on the line in defense of our
country, our rights and freedoms, denied medical (including
mental health) services they should have earned by their
commitment and sacrifice for our country. Canada’s future,
your children, going without because incomes have
deteriorated so much that both parents must work to make
ends meet, or in the case of single parent families the parent
struggles merely to survive. This Mister Prime Minister is the
shame that has seen our beloved country devalued in the eyes
of the world, the shame that sees our government mocked by
countries and leaders around the world. You Sir hold in your
hands the power to change this perception of our country
before the world and to change this reality for the Canadians
living it. Simply! Put Canada and Canadians first! When our tax
dollars have eliminated the social shame of homelessness,
veterans and seniors living at or below the poverty line,
children going hungry. When meeting the needs of the
Canadian people has been achieved, then is the time for us to
be Canadian; to be charitable to those less fortunate outside
our country, but not until these needs have been met.

I am constantly reminded that in order for me to care for my
beloved wife of 48 years who is battling Alzheimer’s Disease
and near the end of her life, I must first care for myself. Should
that same common-sense logic not apply in the care and
management of our country. Should the government not be
mandated to care for its own country, its own people, before
trying to fix what ails the world. I thought that was our
governments mandate. Am I wrong?
Open your eyes Mister Prime Minister, please! Look at where
we are headed. I am a proud Canadian born in a country almost
destroyed by civil insurrection and religious intolerance. This is
not a journey we, as Canadians, want to take. Believe me. I
have been there.

Canada first, and always!
Alex (Lexie) Boyce

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
OK, we’ve established you don’t like Trudeau. Are you 100% certain he will lose? If he’s insulted so many Canadians etc. etc. he must lose, right?
If I could accurately predict the future, I'd be living on my own private island somewhere in the tropics.

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
There’s no real analysis here of the last election either. Granted, Harper had been in too long but Trudeau outflanked him on the deficit trap and outlasted him in a campaign made longer by Harper himself. I can safely assume that serious Tory strategists are not putting JT’s success all down to family ties, hair and eyebrow make-up. Scheer is not exactly the polar opposite of Trudeau so something more is going on.

Speaking of the deficit trap, Groper created one for himself this election. If budgets truly do balance themselves when the economy is running on all 8, why the need for multiple annual billion dollar structural deficits? The Groper govt even announced there was little to no chance of a return to balance until at least 2040. Meanwhile all the govt reports state the economy is just truckin' along so what's the the deficits? He's just like his old man. Even in a positive cash flow situation, he still borrows like a mad-man. In fact Papa Trudeau is responsible for the single largest percentage jump in the history of Canadian debt. And that was during a time of really good economic growth and stability. Groper is no different than his father in that respect but the reported growth and stability aren't nearly as strong this time.

But there's another aspect that didn't come out during the last election because it wasn't an issue yet. And that is the fact that Trudeau willingly answers to the dictatorial UN, NOT the Canadian people. A sizable majority of Canadians are telling Trudeau to knock off his unrestrained immigration crap. The UN is telling him to keep it up and keep adding more. Guess who fucknuts is listening to.
And now, laughingly, it looks like Groper has decided he'll be campaigning against Ford and Trump. The fact that he doesn't consider the CPC to be a threat could well be his undoing. Although to be honest, Scheer gives me the impression he'll just be Trudeau-light anyway.

It's funny because Trudeau is "concerned" that the campaigning for the coming election will be down 'n' dirty. If it is, it'll only be coming from Groper's party. The Conservatives don't have to get themselves involved in a smear campaign. All they have to do is constantly remind people of the last 3 1/2 years of near-constant Groper fuck ups and outright lies.
The only problem with that though is with all the incompetence, lack of ethics and utter disregard, if not contempt, for Canadians by Groper and his Liberals, the cost to run ads to showcase every one of them might be more than they are legally allowed to spend on ad campaigns.

So, let's see where Groper might get enough support to win another majority. BC? Not likely. This Trudeau govt is the first govt to have a Liberal MP from BC since his father.
Alberta? :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a better chance of surviving a hunting trip with Dick Cheney than Groper does at finding much support in Alberta.
Saskatchewan? Nope, he won't find much there.
Manitoba? He might find some there but with only a million or so people, meh.
Ontario? Considering he's inherited the stink of the Ontario Liberals via Gerald Butts and what the Ontario voters did to the Ontario Liberals, I wouldn't be super confident about him taking Ontario.
Quebec? The Liberals have already lost two important by-elections there.
The Maritimes? He might find some there. It's possible he's convinced them that he tried to get the eastern-flow pipeline flowing but bad ol' Quebec blocked it. And of course being from Quebec, Trudeau isn't about to override their decision being how he's already lost those two by-elections. Apparently, pipelines are only in the national interest when they DON'T cross Quebec.
The Territories? Don't know enough about what goes on up there to form an opinion or idea, except for Nunavut. He's got no chance there.

Individuals who can think for themselves who are getting sick and tired of being insulted by some idiot who thinks he's the ruling elite while forgetting the SERVANT part of his civil servant title. Well, except when it comes to the UN. He serves them whatever they want. Which is NOT what he was elected to do.

If you're the kind of person that will still vote for Groper, then you're the kind of person who has no problem with authoritarian rule, just so long as it's left-wing authoritarian rule.

PluggyRug @ Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Watch the video in the news article.

ROTFL ROTFL

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tories ... -1.5004160

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

ROTFL ROTFL

ROTFL ROTFL

PluggyRug @ Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Trudeau under fire for saying low-income Canadians 'don't pay taxes'

$1:
For the second day in a row, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is under fire for comments about low-income Canadians and the amount of taxes they pay.

“We see proof that the Conservatives simply don’t understand that low-income families don’t benefit from tax breaks because they don’t pay taxes,” said Trudeau in question period on Tuesday.

The statement was in response to a comment made by Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre criticizing the Liberals for eliminating the child fitness tax credit introduced by the previous Harper government.

It was not immediately clear what definition of low-income Trudeau was using, although observers noted that income taxes kick in at around $12,000 per year and that every income bracket shells out for other fees like sales taxes and the new carbon tax.

The Conservatives were quick to pounce on Trudeau’s statement, saying it’s an example of the PM being out of touch with regular Canadians.

“I receive dozens of calls and hundreds of e-mails daily from people in the Toronto area (and all across Canada) who have had enough of this PM and his tax increases,” wrote Bob Saroya, Conservative MP for Markham-Unionville.

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer brought up the issue in question period on Tuesday, engaging in a heated back and forth with Trudeau over the respective parties’ approaches to tax policy.

“He took away the text book credit,” Scheer said, referring to a Harper-era policy the Trudeau government removed. “Does he believe there are no low-income students?

“The Prime Minister has other people manage his family fortune so it’s no surprise he doesn’t understand how the tax system works,” Scheer added during the exchange that saw uproar from both sides of the aisle.

“While we continue to stay focused on Canadians, Conservatives continue to stay focused on how I grew up,” Trudeau shot back.

Trudeau repeatedly argued that eliminating tax credits was ultimately better for Canadians because the middle class were paying less income tax and receiving the Canada Child Benefit. Shortly after coming into power, the Trudeau government reduced the second-lowest income tax rate from 22% to 20.5%.

However, a 2017 report from the Fraser Institute says that while the income tax rate did decrease, because of the elimination of past tax credits, 81% of middle-class families are ultimately paying higher taxes.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/tr ... -pay-taxes

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am

Trudeau is right: 40% of Canadians don’t pay income taxes, which means someone else is picking up the bill

martin14 @ Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Trudeau is right: 40% of Canadians don’t pay income taxes, which means someone else is picking up the bill

But the rich ( anyone better than me ) should still pay more... and more... and more.

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

But the rich ( anyone better than me ) should still pay more... and more... and more.

I had no idea you felt that way.

martin14 @ Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I had no idea you felt that way.

:lol: :lol:

bootlegga @ Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

raydan raydan:
I'm sure that some people here voted for him but nobody wants to admit it. I'm from Québec and lived through the PET years, so of course I didn't vote for him. :wink:

In reality, only those in the riding of Papineau voted for Trudeau, everyone else who supported him voted Liberal.

martin14 @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:05 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
raydan raydan:
I'm sure that some people here voted for him but nobody wants to admit it. I'm from Québec and lived through the PET years, so of course I didn't vote for him. :wink:

In reality, only those in the riding of Papineau voted for Trudeau, everyone else who supported him voted Liberal.

Is this the official cop-out all leftists now use to disavow themselves of voting for Dopey ?

:lol:

BeaverFever @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 am

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The “greatest generation “ tsxed the rivh st 90% for the highest tax bracket.and they saw the longest and greatest uninterrupted period of prosperity and growth in modern history. Are you questioning “the greatest generation”?

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
The “greatest generation “ tsxed the rivh st 90% for the highest tax bracket.and they saw the longest and greatest uninterrupted period of prosperity and growth in modern history. Are you questioning “the greatest generation”?

And with tax breaks the rich (meaning anybody who could afford to hire somebody to find the cuts) were actually paying less on taxes during that period than they were when taxes were ostensibly low.

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

ROTFL ROTFL

Couldn't find it, even when I clicked links in the link.

Is it this one?

If so then, yeah. ROTFL What makes it funniest is all the effort Libs seem to have gone to, to make sure Canadians can't see it.

BeaverFever @ Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

And with tax breaks the rich (meaning anybody who could afford to hire somebody to find the cuts) were actually paying less on taxes during that period than they were when taxes were ostensibly low.

Not true. Those tax breaks were later invented mostly by conservative and “centrist” Liberals//Democrats in recent decades ...mostly post Reagan-Thatcher....

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next