Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 518  519  520  521  522  523  524 ... 533  Next

DrCaleb @ Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:39 am

Evidence suggests pandemic came from nature, not a lab, panel says

herbie @ Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:18 am

Gee and so many people spent so much time looking for someone to blame instead of doing anything about Covid...

Tricks @ Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:34 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Evidence suggests pandemic came from nature, not a lab, panel says

Lets see if Sagaar covers it. :lol:

Scape @ Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zVbzA ... WL&index=5

Scape @ Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLjqaQ-JPo

Twitter is the public square while still being a private company. See how that works?

Scape @ Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:28 pm

Cancer Vaccine Will Be Ready Before 2030, COVID-19 Scientists Say

Pandemic for a cure to cancer.

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:58 am

The U.S. Just Lost 26 Years’ Worth of Progress on Life Expectancy

$1:
“Basically, all the gains between 1996 and 2019 are as if they never happened,” says Elizabeth Arias, director of the U.S. life table program at the NCHS and co-author of a report on the new data.

COVID deaths drove much of the decline as the country grappled with the world’s worst pandemic in a century. But unintentional injuries—largely driven by drug overdoses—also played a significant role, the data show. Increases in deaths from heart disease, chronic liver disease and suicide also contributed.

“This isn’t supposed to happen,” says Philip Cohen, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, who studies demographic trends and inequality. “I think it’s a wake-up call for us ... that we can’t put public health on autopilot; that we don’t have this invisible hand of development just raising living standards over time.”

The drop in life expectancy would have been even more stark if it had not been partially offset by declines in influenza and pneumonia deaths, which were likely reduced by pandemic-related precautions such as masking and social distancing.

Scape @ Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCNPyz0 ... WL&index=3

Tricks @ Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:10 am

Scape Scape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCNPyz0 ... WL&index=3

I fucking knew they'd cover this.

Right off the top, the results are in mice, regular mice, not humanized mice. So the 80% kill rate is being used to freak people out.

Secondly. the original Wuhan strain has a 100% kill rate in rats. So when he quoted the scientist talking to statnews, he lied when he said it made it more deadly. It made it the wuhan strain LESS deadly. It might have a greater ability to spread, but the virus itself is less severe. And saying "it killed 8 out of 10 mice, I would call that gain of function". If 8 out of 10 is higher than 10 out of 10, you failed second grade math chief.

They also completely ignore WHY it was done. They're trying to figure out what it was that made omicron less severe. Don't you think this is good information to know?

I look at this the same way I look at cyber security, more knowledge is always better. Hiding shit absolutely never works. Security through obfuscation is not security. The same principal applies to virology research. The more knowledge we have about a virus, what makes it more deadly, what makes it spread easier, how our (and animals) biology interact with different components of a virus means that if something comes alone with a very similar spike protein that's in omicron, we might be able to figure out a way to combat it faster.

Without knowing how the individual parts of a virus contribute to the overall effect of it, how in the fuck are we supposed to know what to target in our prevention of the disease?

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:03 am

That's why, when I see that torch in the top left, I don't click on it.

housewife @ Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:43 am

I’m careful about these things too. Far too many cherry pick only the facts that support their claims disregarding others. They are usually trying for one of two things fear or money.

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 am

I find a lot of Youtube has gotten click baitie recently too. They'll post thumbnails on the video that are completely untrue, or have nothing to do with the video.

Even some of my favourite authors are doing it, just so they can compete with the algorithm.

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:11 am

Anti-vaccine groups avoid Facebook bans by using emojis

Scape @ Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Alberta Premier Smith seeking legal advice to pardon COVID-19 rule violators

Scape @ Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Top general was warned military's COVID vaccine mandate was unnecessary, possibly illegal: memo

Previous  1 ... 518  519  520  521  522  523  524 ... 533  Next