Canada Kicks Ass
NHL 2021 season

Previous  1  2  3  4

DrCaleb @ Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:58 am

Nothing says Habs win like tear gas on St. Catherines street. ;)

Strutz @ Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:57 pm

raydan raydan:
bootlegga bootlegga:
As much as I'd like to see a Canadian team win, the Habs fans I know would be absolutely insufferable if they win the Cup.

I promise not to be more insufferable than usual.

You be you raydan!

JaredMilne @ Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:48 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
As much as I'd like to see a Canadian team win, the Habs fans I know would be absolutely insufferable if they win the Cup.

I don't care, not when the fans of any other Canadian team, including the Oilers, would be just as insufferable.

All I care about is that Lord Stanley is finally home where he belongs.

Strutz @ Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:21 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:

All I care about is that Lord Stanley is finally home where he belongs.

...and that Bettman's head explodes. :lol:

bootlegga @ Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:24 am

raydan raydan:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I promise not to be more insufferable than usual.

Hey, go crazy on CKA, that's fine by me.

No, it's my two buddies who have been Habs fans since I met them three decades ago that will brag all year long.

Still, it would be cool to see it finally come back...and it will be a little sweeter because it's not the chosen ones (as anointed by the Toronto Sports Network and Sportsnet) in Toronto. :lol:

Strutz @ Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 pm

I had hopes of a miraculous comeback but, alas, it's done. :(

Anyway... hopefully next season starts in October and the NHL goes back to normal divisions and game schedules. This past season was just too weird.

Thanos @ Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 pm

Darn. Good work getting there though, Habs. Do it again next year! [B-o]

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:26 am

Did everyone really think that Bettman would allow a Canadian team to win the Cup? As long as he's still alive, he'll make sure that Canadian teams come agonizingly close, only to lose.

-J.

rickc @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:02 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Did everyone really think that Bettman would allow a Canadian team to win the Cup? As long as he's still alive, he'll make sure that Canadian teams come agonizingly close, only to lose.

-J.

How is he stopping them from winning? I know everyone hates the guy, but blaming him for the Habs losing is ridiculous. The Habs fought their way to the finals, it was theirs to win or lose. The fact of the matter is that Tampa is a much better team, which is why they just won two championships in a row. They worked hard as a team to get to where they are at. They deserve all the glory that comes with winning a championship. It smacks of crying sour grapes trying to drag Bettman into the mix to cheapen their victory.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 am

rickc rickc:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

How is he stopping them from winning? I know everyone hates the guy, but blaming him for the Habs losing is ridiculous. The Habs fought their way to the finals, it was theirs to win or lose. The fact of the matter is that Tampa is a much better team, which is why they just won two championships in a row. They worked hard as a team to get to where they are at. They deserve all the glory that comes with winning a championship. It smacks of crying sour grapes trying to drag Bettman into the mix to cheapen their victory.

Agreed, although I have no doubt that Bettman's dream Stanley Cup finals would probably be between New York and LA, just to see big TV ratings in the two biggest sports markets on the continent.

llama66 @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:34 am

Gary Bettman can eat the biggest bag of dicks ever. The man is a souless shill hell-bent on diluting and destroying Canada's game. Fuck Bettman.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Team that wasn’t subject to Salary Cap better than teams that were

Tricks @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:56 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
rickc rickc:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Agreed, although I have no doubt that Bettman's dream Stanley Cup finals would probably be between New York and LA, just to see big TV ratings in the two biggest sports markets on the continent.

Sports markets yes, but not hockey markets. That would probably be Montreal and Toronto.

rickc @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Sports markets yes, but not hockey markets. That would probably be Montreal and Toronto.

Good observation! But if the idea was to get the most tv viewers in North America what would be the two best teams to have in the cup? Montreal and Toronto cannot face each other as they are in the same conference. The way that it is set up LA is the biggest city in the western conference but they do not have the biggest hockey following in the west. I would say that Chicago vs. Toronto would generate the most views. Two original six teams, huge followings, Canada vs. USA, Toronto being in the finals again, it would have it all. Almost every hockey fan would watch that one.

raydan @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:35 pm

llama66 llama66:
Gary Bettman can eat the biggest bag of dicks ever. The man is a souless shill hell-bent on diluting and destroying Canada's game. Fuck Bettman.

Sure you can blame Bettman but if you follow the money (ALWAYS follow the money), the team owners are the ones to blame here.

Previous  1  2  3  4