Canada Kicks Ass
NHL/ NHLPA

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Tman1 @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:46 pm

canucker canucker:
canucker canucker:
Rumor #1 Say goodbye to the two line pass. Really. Very surprised about this. I was a long time supporter of this change, until I talked to some guys who played in Sweden who said is slowed the game down...Then again that was Sweden, and NHL hockey is more aggressive.

Rumor #2 When you ice the puck you can't change lines, but the offensive team can.

Rumor #3 You'll be able to play the puck off of the netting

Rumor #4 OT will consist of 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, 3 on 3 for 3 minutes, and then a shootout...

Rumor #5 Icings will be no touch (hate that) and offsides will be touch up..(like it)

Rumor #6 Teams will not be permitted to ice the puck when shorthanded (I think the shorthanded icing is an exciting play..others disagree, but I think this changes the pacing in a bad way)

Rumor #7 All players will throw gold coins into the stands following goals as their way of thanking the fans for coming back...(alright maybe silver ones)

Eklund's Hockey Rumors

I can live with # 1, 2, 4, 5.

I disagree with 3 and 6.

Well, not that I agree or anything, but how is icing when shorthanded exciting? Hey, the guy takes a penalty, the players pay the price and are not allowed to ice it. And whats wrong with three? Besides, I think international has the right idea but it needs NA style to mix. No two line pass and no red line.

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:57 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Well, not that I agree or anything, but how is icing when shorthanded exciting? Hey, the guy takes a penalty, the players pay the price and are not allowed to ice it. And whats wrong with three? Besides, I think international has the right idea but it needs NA style to mix. No two line pass and no red line.

I don't like #3 because it's unpredictable where the puck will go after bouncing off the net. Just wait until the puck bounces of the net and deflects behind the goalie right into the net. See who complains then...

Tman1 @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:01 pm

canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

I don't like #3 because it's unpredictable where the puck will go after bouncing off the net. Just wait until the puck bounces of the net and deflects behind the goalie right into the net. See who complains then...

Yah the Goaltender but for fans, ROFL. Unpredictable is just what the doctor ordered. :lol:

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:13 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

Yah the Goaltender but for fans, ROFL. Unpredictable is just what the doctor ordered. :lol:

Not if it were my team that just got scored on by a stupid flooky rebound.

Tman1 @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:14 pm

canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

Well fans dont like stuff that opposes their team but when your team is on the ball, Im sure you will sing a different tune eh? It works both ways, not one.

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

Well fans dont like stuff that opposes their team but when your team is on the ball, Im sure you will sing a different tune eh? It works both ways, not one.

oops

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

Doesn't matter. It wouldn't be a legitimate goal IMO. I've always hated those lucky bounce type goals. I would much rather see a goal that was from a nice slap shot etc.
Not if it were my team that just got scored on by a stupid flooky rebound

dennis_is_canadian @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:32 pm

lol it's nice when it happens for you but it sucks the big one when it happens against you.

Go! Leafs Go!

Come back! Jets Come back!

Tman1 @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:25 pm

canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:
Tman1 Tman1:

Doesn't matter. It wouldn't be a legitimate goal IMO. I've always hated those lucky bounce type goals. I would much rather see a goal that was from a nice slap shot etc.
Not if it were my team that just got scored on by a stupid flooky rebound

Actually it does matter. What is a flukey goal? Its good for your team but bad if it goes against you. Yes, those cool goals never cease to amaze me as I have pulled them off during my time but in the game that matters, every goal counts, any goal matters. During those over-time games, some fluke goals are needed to pull your or the opposing team ahead in the game. Its competition and it gets a little rough. Besides, I wonder how those wide ass nets will do.

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:39 pm

It matters according to the scoreboard, but I don't think it would add entertainment to the game. There is no skill involved. And what happens when the puck hits the netting and just hangs there, obviously a whistle would be blown like it is today, so why change that rule at all?

canucker @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:41 pm

You do know they mean the netting hangin up above the glass at each end, not the goalie's net?

Tman1 @ Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:43 am

canucker canucker:
It matters according to the scoreboard, but I don't think it would add entertainment to the game. There is no skill involved. And what happens when the puck hits the netting and just hangs there, obviously a whistle would be blown like it is today, so why change that rule at all?

Well you have a point. I was not challenging your argument, just weighing out the potentials. I played hockey before the netting above so I would not know whether it is better or worse to have it bounce off.

Tman1 @ Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:43 am

canucker canucker:
You do know they mean the netting hangin up above the glass at each end, not the goalie's net?

Yes, and I also mean the new wide nets they are testing out.

http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/ ... hl20050407

canucker @ Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:45 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
canucker canucker:

Yes, and I also mean the new wide nets they are testing out.

http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/ ... hl20050407

They would help with more scoring, but they should just reduce the size of the goalies equipment and leave it at that.

The Hoser @ Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:52 pm

Well fuck that. Why should we turn it into another usless scorefest just to appease some Americans who don't even like the sport in the first place!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next