Canada Kicks Ass
MADE IN CANADA!! But not allowed to be sold to Canadians??

Previous  1  2  3

RUEZ @ Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:34 pm

sandorski sandorski:
It would be regrettable if we just let Zenn whither away or get taken over by a Foreien Corp who later develope the concept outside Canada and Sell it back to Canadians. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

It's not going to wither away, it has plenty of customers in the U.S., and as far as it being sold to foriegn interests that's probably going to happen anyway. Most successful Canadian companies get sold off. Just look at Western Star formerly of Kelowna. Canada's only highway truck producer. Became very successfull was purchased by Kenworth and within months the factory was moved down to Oregon.

sandorski @ Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
sandorski sandorski:
It would be regrettable if we just let Zenn whither away or get taken over by a Foreien Corp who later develope the concept outside Canada and Sell it back to Canadians. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

It's not going to wither away, it has plenty of customers in the U.S., and as far as it being sold to foriegn interests that's probably going to happen anyway. Most successful Canadian companies get sold off. Just look at Western Star formerly of Kelowna. Canada's only highway truck producer. Became very successfull was purchased by Kenworth and within months the factory was moved down to Oregon.

Unfortunately true. However, one sure way to have it happen is to be too restrictive. Sounds like Zenn may have solved the Speed and Range issues. Time will tell though.

herbie @ Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:25 pm

These things were JUST made street legal in BC and Ontario. Don't rag the guy too much he's just late with delivery...
There's already an electric-only car dealer on Main St. in Vancouver, and I can see half of Victoria looking at these.
Hell they'd sell in Vanderhoof. I swear they remove the gas pedal from every F150 they sell the farmers there :D

40 kmh too slow? You wish you could drive from Langley to Vancouver at 40, you wish!

RUEZ @ Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:43 am

herbie herbie:
These things were JUST made street legal in BC and Ontario. Don't rag the guy too much he's just late with delivery...
There's already an electric-only car dealer on Main St. in Vancouver, and I can see half of Victoria looking at these.
Hell they'd sell in Vanderhoof. I swear they remove the gas pedal from every F150 they sell the farmers there :D

40 kmh too slow? You wish you could drive from Langley to Vancouver at 40, you wish!

Define "just"? They've been legal in many places since last year. I grew up in Vanderhoof, I'd be willing to bet good money they wouldn't sell many. The tires on those things alone wouldn't stand up to one pothole season.

Bacardi4206 @ Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:51 am

poquas poquas:
It has something to do with the ability to read. :roll:

From their own website From their own website:
Because the ZENN is defined by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as a low speed vehicle traveling at slower speeds and only on designated streets (35 mph and lower), it has different safety requirements than a traditional vehicle.

They claim the “body” meets European standards where it’s used in a diesel vehicle, but don’t expect to see a bunch of 5 star reports from the IIHA any time soon.

Than use that ability, it said it has DIFFERENT safety requirements than a traditional vehicle. Not lack of safety.

Blue_Nose @ Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 am

If the cars don't suit what you require in a vehicle that's one thing, but some people need to grow some balls if they're actually scared for their safety by other people driving a few electric cars around the city.

peck420 @ Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:18 pm

This is such a joke!

Does our government not understand that, if they chase/hinder/etc, this electric car company in Canada, it will strongly discourage any future electric car companies from starting up in Canada?

Sure, this car may not be 100% viable accross Canada....but where can it be 10 years from now if it was allowed to at least sell across Canada?

As for the "they are legal in many places"...yea, now they are...too bad it took 2 years, we should consider ourselves lucky that Zenn stayed in Canada.

*my bad, way dead thread, and I should have left it that way ;) *

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:32 pm

tritium tritium:

Top speed on city streets is 50km.

This car would be great as a commuter in Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton...

You can't be serious. A car that can go only 40km/h would never work here on the streets of Toronto. People don't go the speed limit, they exceed it trying to get somewhere faster because of all the gridlock we have. A 40kh/h vehicle would make that gridlock much worse in mass numbers.

Unless they make it go faster, it's nothing more than a joke. Internal combustion all the way, baby. [drool]

-J.

Previous  1  2  3