Canada Kicks Ass
Female Doctor Who robs boys of role models, claims Tory MP

Previous  1  2

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:39 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
raydan raydan:
The world doesn't revolve around you

This from the guy that keeps making it about me, when I'm merely stating an opinion and point of view that many people share. It's not about me at all, and never was.

I can objectively state an opinion without me being central. You take my arguments as 'all about me' what that simply isn't the case. I don't watch any of the new shows, and only watch what I want to watch, and when I want to watch it.

Why can't you have a discussion without making it about someone else?

-J.

Must be a reason why I pick on you, now what might that be?

I hate liver with a passion, I just can't. Notice that I won't say that liver isn't any good. It's a personal thing and saying that it isn't good is an insult to people that love it. Same thing with music, movies, books, art.

In your case, it seems that when YOU don't like something, it's crap. It has to change!!! It's woke! Nobody should love it when I don't.

Stop it!!!

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:42 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm not trying to rant. The 'wokeness' drives me mental, and I can't exactly start screaming on a street corner.

-J.

You are so anti-woke, you have become woke. You've gone all the way around. 8O

DrCaleb @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 pm

raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm not trying to rant. The 'wokeness' drives me mental, and I can't exactly start screaming on a street corner.

-J.

And 'woke' isn't even a thing. Near as I can tell, it means the exact thing as a biblical christian should be, according to the gospels of Jesus.

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:04 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

And 'woke' isn't even a thing. Near as I can tell, it means the exact thing as a biblical christian should be, according to the gospels of Jesus.

I don't see anti-woke as being a good thing. I imagine the racists, the sexists, the Muslim and gay bashers getting together to complain about things they don't understand and talk about the good old days where they could hate in peace.

Thanos @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Anti-woke means being against compelled thought and compelled speech. It's about standing up for your personal freedom and the personal freedom of others, that you won't sit back quietly and be forced into compliance with those things you find wrong or reprehensible.

Jordan Peterson is anti-woke and pro-liberty. So is Dave Chappelle, and so are most of the other comedians who are fighting for their right to speak freely against the modern-day neo-totalitarianism that's become almost the exclusive province of the left. The neo-Nazis, Proud Boys, and others of that ilk from the crazed right aren't anti-woke. They're just assholes who'd love nothing more than to impose their own tyranny of thought and crush all dissent. Which means they have far more in common with Antifa than they'd ever want to admit, given that who gaggle of the shitheads from both extremes were barfed out of the same hole of moral & intellectual sewage.

Woke is just another synonym with being a goddamn fucking bully. There's nothing deep or moral or ethical about it at all. The woke aren't brave, they're just a bunch of bitchy & shitty Karens who want their feelings and their need to never be upset to completely negate/obliterate YOUR rights.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Anti-woke means being against compelled thought and compelled speech. It's about standing up for your personal freedom and the personal freedom of others, that you won't sit back quietly and be forced into compliance with those things you find wrong or reprehensible.

Woke is just another synonym with being a goddamn fucking bully. There's nothing deep or moral or ethical about it at all. The woke aren't brave, they're just a bunch of bitchy & shitty Karens who want their feelings and their need to never be upset to completely negate/obliterate YOUR rights.

^ That.

I'm a non-conformist, and intend to stay that way. All the Karens be damned. Everyone else out there is free to capitulate. I won't.

-J.

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Jordan Peterson is anti-woke and pro-liberty. So is Dave Chappelle, and so are most of the other comedians who are fighting for their right to speak freely against the modern-day neo-totalitarianism that's become almost the exclusive province of the left. The neo-Nazis, Proud Boys, and others of that ilk from the crazed right aren't anti-woke. They're just assholes who'd love nothing more than to impose their own tyranny of thought and crush all dissent. Which means they have far more in common with Antifa than they'd ever want to admit, given that who gaggle of the shitheads from both extremes were barfed out of the same hole of moral & intellectual sewage.

Woke is just the reaction to people being bullied for generations. Personally, I can't blame the people who were being bullied, to wanting to be the bullies for a while, and I find it hilarious when the anti-woke complain about it. Things will adjust, this is just one swing of the pendulum.

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm a non-conformist, and intend to stay that way. All the Karens be damned. Everyone else out there is free to capitulate. I won't.

-J.

We're all conformists, we just don't all conform to the same things. Saying you're nonconformist is just a fancy way to say you're special. :wink:

Thanos @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Good luck trying to pry my Andrew Dice Clay CD's from my cold dead hands, Ray! Why do you hate laughter so much, Ray? Image

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:59 pm

I have a Bill Cosby vinyl record. :cry:

raydan @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 pm

THIS is how you woke.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/668 ... -ago-today

Thanos @ Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 pm

If he were alive today Charles M. Schultz would be forced to:

- turn Schroder into a racist because only racists listen to or play music by dead white males like Beethoven
- put Peppermint Patty on puberty blockers because she's not a tomboy, she's obviously trans
- turn Linus into an Asperger kid with severe OCD issues, hence the security blanket
- have Shermy & PigPen in beautiful gay romance
- make Sally into an anorexic who cuts herself at night
- make Charlie Brown take a knee before he attempts to kick the football or throw a pitch, and he also starts every Monday morning strip apologizing profusely for his white privilege
- turn Snoopy vegan
- have Lucy as the enforcer making sure everyone is appropriately enthusiastic enough during the three or four CRT classes per day at school

And if he didn't co-operate with those changes then Schultz would get cancelled like no one's ever been cancelled before. Twitter & Tumblr don't put up with no dissidents, pal! :twisted:

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:55 am

Thanos Thanos:
If he were alive today Charles M. Schultz would be forced to:

- turn Schroder into a racist because only racists listen to or play music by dead white males like Beethoven
- put Peppermint Patty on puberty blockers because she's not a tomboy, she's obviously trans
- turn Linus into an Asperger kid with severe OCD issues, hence the security blanket
- have Shermy & PigPen in beautiful gay romance
- make Sally into an anorexic who cuts herself at night
- make Charlie Brown take a knee before he attempts to kick the football or throw a pitch, and he also starts every Monday morning strip apologizing profusely for his white privilege
- turn Snoopy vegan
- have Lucy as the enforcer making sure everyone is appropriately enthusiastic enough during the three or four CRT classes per day at school

And if he didn't co-operate with those changes then Schultz would get cancelled like no one's ever been cancelled before. Twitter & Tumblr don't put up with no dissidents, pal! :twisted:

I doubt he'd be forced to make his art reflective of society and include all the colours in that palette. Seems like he did that himself. Just no one knew about things like transsexual or Aspergers.

Previous  1  2