Canada Kicks Ass
CBC = Forked Tongue

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

AdamNF @ Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:41 pm

$1:
Israel

Now thats a country i can like. No one tells it like it is more then Israel, they don't lie about what there doing, they tell ya. Israel publicly stats that is assasinates reble and terrorist leaders, there up front with there intetions and do what they say there going to go do. The Israeli army is the most well trained and battle hardend in the world. They fight terrorism on a daily basis and fight back hard (like the should). Hats Off To Israel

karra @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:09 am

Pardon me whilst I play ketchup here :lol:

$1:
Look karra - despite your multitude of posts, keyboard-flatulence and arrogant attitude; youre still a friggin' Newbie.

Dear oh dear, whatever will I do, I ask myself. Awwwwk!! an' still a newbie!! And gaseous to boot!! :lol:

$1:
Dont try to get smart with me, sweetheart - you're bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Just love it when 'real' men talk like that. Y'all just keep it up sweetie, if you can.

$1:
Of course, I may be wrong; . . .

No way, eh? Say it ain't so, say it ain't so. . . .

$1:
. . . after all you already Lord over this place to such a degree that you needn't even extend any respect to RH or Trevor.

Have you finished kissing butts? Are you . . . ? No way. . . well maybe. :wink: . . .

$1:
Maybe you are as tough as you sound. But I wouldnt count on it....

Of course I'm not as tough as I sound - are you? Duuhhhh!

$1:
You making a fool out of me would be David slaying Goliath - and as much as you might favour that analogy, we all know it has only happened once in history.

And we all know history repeats itself don't we. Remember the James Bond film? "Nobody does it better. . ."

$1:
I generally sit back in the rafters of this barn, and just watch like the old Owl. But I keep track - and I keep score.

Definitely reassuring. Shirley the owl you refer to was wise though, yeah? How many times do I have to tell you to keep your neck out of the sun? Just trying to be helpful you know.

$1:
Now go back to the sandbox, and play with kids your own size.... we're busy over here.

Would that be the same sandbox where I saw pussy cats trying to bury you?

nonrev @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:22 am

This is too funny!

"Shirley the owl you refer to"

You crack me up, karra - as I'm sure you do for most members here.

Shirley? - wait now: "Shirley???

Seems to me there was a comedy two-some (Smothers Brothers?) that used that line - "Stop calling me Shirley!"

But then, that would be before your time.
Which, of course, would be after Reagan had stumbled and snoozed his way across the world-scene, with "Gipper-lines" and "trickle-down economics".... which, oddly enough, reminds me of you (although I am too much of a Gentleman to refer to which part of that term is the catalyst in your case.)

nonrev @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:28 am

karra karra:
$1:
. . . after all you already Lord over this place to such a degree that you needn't even extend any respect to RH or Trevor.

Have you finished kissing butts? Are you . . . ? No way. . . well maybe. :wink: . . .

Oh - I see now : you dont even wish to make it clear, when POINTED OUT TO YOU, that you are dissing people who have worn a Uniform..... oh, sorry - not one of those that included saying "Would you like Fries with that?"

NO, Pumpkin; I'm talkin' about A REAL ONE!

So sad you dont get it.... :roll:

karra @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:39 am

err dude,

Like welcome to the land of the brave and the free.

Robair @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:21 am

karra karra:
You, as it happens are just (yes, just) one of many boeufgateaus who want to get into my

$1:
poopie pants

Yea, that's what I'm up to. :roll: No thanks karra, sounds like your head may be a little too swelled for my taste. All the tail I need is runnin' around right here in Kentucky, or anywhere else I've been for that matter.

I was trying to get a response to the arguments I've posted but you don't seem interested in intellectual battles. So continue trading insults with those who are willing to participate, I'll leave you alone.

What the hell is a boeufgateaus, anyway?

karra @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:41 am

boeufgateaus = beefcakes

Something we gals notice is sadly lacking here.

You can argue till the sheep come home (something we notice is not lacking here) that the deserter qualifies for refugee status, and you'll still be wrong.

See previous posts re press-gang, contract and honor.

Here in Manitoba we have much honor - frequently prefaced with "Your'"

figfarmer @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:03 am

"Surely you can't be serious?"
"I am serious; and stop calling me Shirley."

Robair @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:27 am

Ah good, back to the topic at hand:

karra karra:
You can argue till the sheep come home (something we notice is not lacking here) that the deserter qualifies for refugee status, and you'll still be wrong.

I would be wrong. Lets try and figure out who decides right and wrong in this case. You, karra? That's not gonna fly. The US government? Fuck off, this is a Canadian issue. So we can either decide according to Canadian law: I believe all you have to do is prove your life is in danger to claim refugee status but polemarch could probably verify that. How many dead US soldiers in Iraq? Proving his country is trying to put his life in danger might be fairly easy. Wanna bypass the law? OK, lets let the Canadian public decide what's right and wrong.

Canada, thank god, is made up of a majority of people who were opposed to a war in Iraq. If we, as a country, are opposed to the war, why not harbour a refugee of that war?
karra karra:
See previous posts re press-gang, contract and honor.

I'm unfamiliar with the term press-gang.

Contract: was signed in the US with the US army. Like I stated before, US law has no jurisdiction in Canada.

Honor: there's a pretty word. Someone brought up the troops serving under Hitler. Would it be more honourable to follow orders and turn on the gas, or leave the army? If what your army is doing is wrong, is it more honorable to follow orders or defect. Once again, in Canada, the majority feel that what the US army is doing is wrong, that's why we aren't in Iraq.

People have changed my mind on certain issues here before, karra. So point out the flaw in my logic.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:18 pm

You've hinted at being from three or four different provinces, Karra. I'm just wondering where you are really from. My best guess at present, given your odd outlook and apparently alien demeanor is that you're a gaseous.non-entity from Uranus.

karra @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:26 pm

$1:
The US government? Fuck off, this is a Canadian issue.

Hey potty mouth. What's with you? Get back to your ESL classes.

You still don't get it do you? H e i s a s o l d i e r. He voluntarily signed up to be a soldier. Therefore, upon signing that contract, a new law came into affect for him specifically as a soldier. A law that every country in the world with a military has. And it's called M i l i t a r y L a w.

This Military Law actually takes precedence over civil law once one signs a c o n t r a c t with the Military.

So, by doing what he did he became a d e s e r t e r. And if the American military get their hands on him he will in all likelihood, if convicted, after a m i l i t a r y t r i a l spend some time in Leavenworth or other upscale penal facility. hee hee, I said penal.

How Canada decides to deal with him will be interesting to watch. We don't send people back if they face the death penalty, such as Charles Ng. If the death penalty is taken off the table we do send back.

This is a kid claiming refugee status from the US 'cause he doesn't believe in the cause or he's a coward or whatever. Too bad for him. IMO he should be sent back before the bounty hunters come a lookin'.

$1:
I'm unfamiliar with the term press-gang.
Look it up.

$1:
Once again, in Canada, the majority feel that what the US army is doing is wrong, that's why we aren't in Iraq.
In actual fact you're wrong - at the time the majority were in favor of contributing. That has now changed with no discovery of WMD. Are you suggesting that had that useless behemoth known as the United Nations got off it's fat backside and done the job it is supposed to do, and gone into Iraq - that would have been alright? Are you really suggesting that?

There's a fly in your ointment - can you see it?

$1:
I'm just wondering where you are really from.
I trust it doesn't keep you up nights.

$1:
My best guess at present, given your odd outlook and apparently alien demeanor is that you're a gaseous.non-entity from Uranus.

Not bad considering the source beneath the tin foil cap. You should know I'm particularly gaseous after a plate of baked beans and chicken curry accompanied by Tuborg chased by Akvavit.

Rev_Blair @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:46 pm

We don't have to send him back, there is a chance that his life will be endangered if we do. He's not hurting anyone here. The US hasn't exactly been conscientious in adhering to international treaties having to do with military matters (or anything else) in the last couple of years, so that argument is pretty much a non-starter.

This thread is supposed to be about the CBC though. Their ongoing coverage of this matter has been excellent. So was their on Kofi Annan's address to our Parliament. Their coverage of both the bombings in Spain and the election there as well. The CBC provides all that coverage at a cost of less than $30 per year to all Canadians. Now that's value for the dollar.

AdamNF @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:40 pm

ItÂ’s my understanding that in the USA you can get death for desertion. Does Canada extradite to countries wit the death penalty?

Rev_Blair @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:54 pm

It is actually against Canadian law to extradite to a country where there is a reasonable expectation that the person being extradited may face risk to life or torture. The US can execute deserters, although it hasn't done so for quite some time. There is also the possiblility that he'd be returned to the war.

karra @ Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:48 am

There is no possibility of him being returned to Iraq or any other war until his finished his stretch at a crowbar hotel.

First things first I say.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next