Canada Kicks Ass
Here's How To Deal With Nora Loreto

1  2  3  4  Next

JaredMilne @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm

By now, you may be familiar with the vile tweets Nora Loreto has written first about the Humboldt Broncos tragedy and the Toronto van murders. You may also be familiar with the equally vile backlash she's gotten with various sexual/gender-related comments, and insults directed at her family.

I haven't posted before now in part because I'm on a Twitter hiatus, but I wanted to add my two cents at last.

Loreto's tweets were disgusting and added nothing of value to the situation. Even if you take a more charitable view of her intent in writing them, the fact remains that she's gotten a lot of flack from people of colour and even fellow progressives, who've pointed out her hypocrisy in complaining about people wanting her fired when she's done the same thing to other progressive writers she disagreed with. At best, she is an *extremely* poor communicator who's an active liability to progressive politics.

But the response she's been getting, with people alternately calling her a c*nt, wishing her dead, wishing she was raped, and other words along those lines are in many cases just as bad. Not only are they disgusting in their own right, but they also allow Noreto to portray herself as a martyr and justify everything she and other progressives say about conservatism.

So, what's the solution?

Two words:

Ignore her.

Don't read anything she writes. Don't listen to anything she says. Don't pay her any attention at all. Political activists thrive on attention and responses.

Instead, treat Loreto like the insignificant little nobody that she is.

That's truly the worst fate one could inflict on her.

fifeboy @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:41 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
By now, you may be familiar with the vile tweets Nora Loreto has written first about the Humboldt Broncos tragedy and the Toronto bus murders. You may also be familiar with the equally vile backlash she's gotten with various sexual/gender-related comments, and insults directed at her family.

I haven't posted before now in part because I'm on a Twitter hiatus, but I wanted to add my two cents at last.

Loreto's tweets were disgusting and added nothing of value to the situation. Even if you take a more charitable view of her intent in writing them, the fact remains that she's gotten a lot of flack from people of colour and even fellow progressives, who've pointed out her hypocrisy in complaining about people wanting her fired when she's done the same thing to other progressive writers she disagreed with. At best, she is an *extremely* poor communicator who's an active liability to progressive politics.

But the response she's been getting, with people alternately calling her a c*nt, wishing her dead, wishing she was raped, and other words along those lines are in many cases just as bad. Not only are they disgusting in their own right, but they also allow Noreto to portray herself as a martyr and justify everything she and other progressives say about conservatism.

So, what's the solution?

Two words:

Ignore her.

Don't read anything she writes. Don't listen to anything she says. Don't pay her any attention at all. Political activists thrive on attention and responses.

R=UP R=UP

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Sounds like you missed Nora's latest Twitter adventure.

In reaction to the Van massacre in North York she Tweeted:

$1:
Pedestrian injuries in Toronto: so agonizingly mundane.

It's worth reading the replies. Nobody's taking her whinges for victim status seriously at this point. Let's put it that way:

https://twitter.com/NoLore/status/988473245497200643

Tricks @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm

She's a trash human and deserves the same amount of attention as trash in a dumpster.

JaredMilne @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Sounds like you missed Nora's latest Twitter adventure.

In reaction to the Van massacre in North York she Tweeted:

$1:
Pedestrian injuries in Toronto: so agonizingly mundane.

It's worth reading the replies. Nobody's taking her whinges for victim status seriously at this point. Let's put it that way:

https://twitter.com/NoLore/status/988473245497200643

No, I'm well aware of Nora's latest Twitter fiasco-that's what prompted me to write this.

In reading the comments, I noticed how some of the commenters accused her of deliberately attracting attention. Like I pointed out, Loreto can use this as a way to portray herself as a martyr-activists can thrive on this kind of attention.

That's why I say people should just ignore her. These attacks just get her more attention. Ignoring her keeps her from being able to have the high ground, and keeps her profile low.

martin14 @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:00 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
That's why I say people should just ignore her. These attacks just get her more attention. Ignoring her keeps her from being able to have the high ground, and keeps her profile low.

No.

Sensible people 'ignoring her' is exactly what propelled her into her current position
of being a paid 'freelance journalist'.

Now, she has a base audience that she builds from.

Sensible people now need to stand up and say 'This is not ok', and say it to
the people who have financially rewarded her in the past for her 'journalism'.

She needs to be taken down and pounded into the dust of internet history.

And JM, you don't need to post here that 'oh we should ignore Loreto.'

Our opinions don't matter.

However, the CBC is another story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/theweekly/humbol ... -1.4630697

This isn't ignoring it, this is broadcasting it, legitimizing it, ... promoting it.

Thank you CBC.

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 am

martin14 martin14:
JaredMilne JaredMilne:

No.

Sensible people 'ignoring her' is exactly what propelled her into her current position
of being a paid 'freelance journalist'.

Now, she has a base audience that she builds from.

Sensible people now need to stand up and say 'This is not ok', and say it to
the people who have financially rewarded her in the past for her 'journalism'.

She needs to be taken down and pounded into the dust of internet history.

And JM, you don't need to post here that 'oh we should ignore Loreto.'

Our opinions don't matter.

However, the CBC is another story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/theweekly/humbol ... -1.4630697

This isn't ignoring it, this is broadcasting it, legitimizing it, ... promoting it.

Thank you CBC.

But wait . . . you say that ignoring her is giving her power, then bitch at the CBC for not ignoring her? [huh]

bootlegga @ Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
By now, you may be familiar with the vile tweets Nora Loreto has written first about the Humboldt Broncos tragedy and the Toronto van murders. You may also be familiar with the equally vile backlash she's gotten with various sexual/gender-related comments, and insults directed at her family.

So, what's the solution?

Two words:

Ignore her.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

Ignoring her just allows her to spread her own vile form of hate speech, just like ignoring Nazis let's them spread their hate.

I definitely don't agree with calling her names, or wishing her dead or hoping she gets raped (or any of the other horrible things sent her way), but she does need a dose of reality so that she realizes that when she spreads her style of progressive hatred, there are consequences.

The campaign calling for MacLean's to ban her from writing for them again was a perfect way to do that - just like outing those marching Nazis in Charlottesville last year.

Bill Maher said it best, "Sunlight is the best disinfectant."

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

We used to hear that decades ago on the right. Michelle Malkin is the one I can remember saying it the most.

But yeah...true.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Tricks Tricks:
She's a trash human and deserves the same amount of attention as trash in a dumpster.

Waking up to that face every morning in the mirror, it's small wonder she's such a miserable POS.

Thanos @ Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

She won't work for MacLeans ever again. The best thing to do is to swarm any publication or site with examples of what she's been saying on Twitter and leave it up to them to decide if they want to be associated with that kind of person.

JaredMilne @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

Ignoring her just allows her to spread her own vile form of hate speech, just like ignoring Nazis let's them spread their hate.

I definitely don't agree with calling her names, or wishing her dead or hoping she gets raped (or any of the other horrible things sent her way), but she does need a dose of reality so that she realizes that when she spreads her style of progressive hatred, there are consequences.

The campaign calling for MacLean's to ban her from writing for them again was a perfect way to do that - just like outing those marching Nazis in Charlottesville last year.

I get where you're coming from, but what really sticks in my craw is Loreto using the attacks to portray herself as a martyr, and how she might be able to use this notoriety to get writing gigs at places like Vice, even if Maclean's won't publish her anymore. The old media saying "if it leads, it bleeds!" can apply here. Besides, if no one listens to anything she says or gives her the time of day, that in itself is a consequence and a dose of reality.

Many people have tried to inflict consequences on Ezra Levant for the same reasons people have wanted to inflict them on Loreto. He's managed to portray himself as a free speech martyr and rebel against political correctness.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 am

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
Many people have tried to inflict consequences on Ezra Levant for the same reasons people have wanted to inflict them on Loreto. He's managed to portray himself as a free speech martyr and rebel against political correctness.

Bad comparison. Levant actually is a free speech advocate and the things he says that get him into trouble like bad mouthing favored progressives (Soros, Suzuki) or critiquing Islam are issues that also have support.

Loreto is being ugly without any compensatory factors.

When Ezra may have gone too far like suggesting Canada had a gypsy problem, he apologized. Nora might want to try that.

Ezra fired a reporter who he believed got too radical.

Perhaps Macleans or whoever might want to try that.

BeaverFever @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 pm

On Broncos she said :

“ “the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are… playing a significant role. I don’t want less for the families and survivors of this tragedy. I want justice and more for so many other grieving parents and communities.”

How is it that the supposed “free speech” and “anti-political correctness” crowd are so triggered and demanding her head on a stick?

Tricks @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
On Broncos she said :

“ “the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are… playing a significant role. I don’t want less for the families and survivors of this tragedy. I want justice and more for so many other grieving parents and communities.”

How is it that the supposed “free speech” and “anti-political correctness” crowd are so triggered and demanding her head on a stick?

No one is saying she can't say it, but people who think she's a bitch are also allowed to call her out for being a bitch. That's how free speech works.

Note, I'm not including threats in that, that's wrong, and those people are worse than she is.

1  2  3  4  Next