Canada Kicks Ass
I'm outta here for a while.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

LaMitraille @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:54 am

je n'est pas toujours été de ton bord dans tes opinions (presque jamais même) et je ne supporte pas cette guerre en Iraq mais je suis conscient des risques que tu vas vivre pour toi et ta famille. alors pour l'amour de Dieu, soit prudent et qu'il te protège quoi qu'il arrive.

Zipperfish @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:22 am

Take care Bart -- Have fun!

BartSimpson @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:41 am

Well, it was a fine induction. In typical military fashion, what I was told would be my situation was not what I got once I got there.

Friday I arrived at the induction center in San Diego and reported in. I arrived in uniform and ready-to-go and after sitting on my butt reading old magazines for a couple hours was sent to an offsite orthopaedic surgeon for an evaluation of my leg - stress testing and the whole nine yards. I passed. My orders to Quantico were rescinded and I basically had the weekend to eff around in San Diego so I made the best of it and visted some friends in Santee and then back to SD on Monday morning.

My first surprise of the day was that a CWO comes up and asks me to report to the CO. Oh, sh*t, was my first thought, to be honest. So I haul on over and get ushered in and he says, "Good morning, Captain."

My day improved from there.

The next good news is that the promotion was permanent (this will mean something to military folks).

The next news was that I am not being deployed overseas. I am active reserve detached to the new Marine Corps Special Operations Command (MarSOC) and will have a fun job with a training detachment that can probably be deduced from my previous posts here. I'll be a REMF but my wife is happy about it. SOC at Pendleton goes active sometime next month and at that point I'll be earning frequent flyer miles going between Sacramento & SD. My employer is being extremely cool with this by keeping me on full pay...this is extremely cool.

I'll admit to being disappointed, really, that I am not deploying overseas. It's funny that you get all worked up to expect something that really isn't all that good, and then you get not a sense of relief, but a disappointment when it doesn't happen. There's a certain je ne sais quois that comes from knowing that the front line begins at the end of my rifle barrel and while I'm happy to be staying home I'm still a bit disappointed not to have that feeling again.

So there it is.

I deeply appreciate all the good wishes and thoughts and I will pass those along to the young men and women who I will be honored to work with in the immediate future.

- Cpt. Bart Simpson

DerbyX @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

My employer is being extremely cool with this by keeping me on full pay...this is extremely cool.

- Cpt. Bart Simpson

He pays you to surf Canadaka.ca so why wouldn't he pay you to drink beer at the Jr. ranks club? :lol:

Streaker @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:59 am

Congrats on the promotion, Cpt. Finn. [trumpet]

BartSimpson @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:07 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

My employer is being extremely cool with this by keeping me on full pay...this is extremely cool.

- Cpt. Bart Simpson

He pays you to surf Canadaka.ca so why wouldn't he pay you to drink beer at the Jr. ranks club? :lol:

Bahahaha!!! (Shhhh...don't tell 'em, that!)

BartSimpson @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:08 am

Streaker Streaker:
Congrats on the promotion, Cpt. Finn. [trumpet]

Thank you. :wink:

Regina @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:26 am

PDT_Armataz_01_34

SprCForr @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:22 am

Congratulations on reaching the dizzing heights! PDT_Armataz_01_34

BTW, I drink Rye. PDT_Armataz_01_14

Wullu @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:53 am

SprCForr SprCForr:

Yes...when is the wet down Bart? [drunk] Congrats SIR! 8O

Hey...I am a lower decker after all... if ya can't pick on officers than who can pick on? :wink:

bootlegga @ Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:54 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'll be a REMF but my wife is happy about it. - Cpt. Bart Simpson

There's a phrase I haven't heard in a while...congrats Bart!

PDT_Armataz_01_37

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:23 am

Wullu Wullu:
SprCForr SprCForr:

Yes...when is the wet down Bart? [drunk] Congrats SIR! 8O

Hey...I am a lower decker after all... if ya can't pick on officers than who can pick on? :wink:

I think I'm going to manage to avoid some of the fine traditions of getting promoted (one of which is getting smashed) and that's fine with me as my kidneys are too old for that crap anymore! :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:24 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'll be a REMF but my wife is happy about it. - Cpt. Bart Simpson

There's a phrase I haven't heard in a while...congrats Bart!

PDT_Armataz_01_37

That kind of dates you if you were around to hear it. :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:40 am

Captain eh!?! So it turns out your parents weren't married after all. :D

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:50 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Captain eh!?! So it turns out your parents weren't married after all. :D

[huh]

I guess I missed this metaphor...hate to ask, but what does this mean?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next