Canada Kicks Ass
Ignatieff ready to 'mess' with Harper over attack ads

hurley_108 @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:12 pm

CTV News CTV News:
Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff says he's going to "mess" with Prime Minister Stephen Harper, but that won't include personal attack ads.

Ignatieff, who has faced a barrage of Conservative attack ads aimed at him in recent weeks, insists that the government's record is so poor, personal attack ads are unnecessary.

"There's enough on the record that we can attack: record unemployment, record bankruptcies, record deficit," he said in Dartmouth, N.S., Sunday. "That should give us enough to be getting along with.

Nice. Also:

$1:
The ads point out his 34 years spent teaching and writing in the U.S. and Britain and say he will go back to Harvard University if he doesn't become prime minister.

He clearly didn't do that when he failed to win the leadership of the Liberal party.

Canadaka @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

I heard somewhere that its not 34 years, its more with 20's. I think this recent add is going to hurt the conservatives more than it will hurt Ignatieff. I think it might actualy help him.

Kerozine @ Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm

$1:
"There's enough on the record that we can attack: record unemployment, record bankruptcies, record deficit," he said in Dartmouth, N.S., Sunday.

He should have alternative proposals ready if he intends to act on this.

kenmore @ Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 pm

There have been some negative press for the torys on these ads. Quite frankly people are sick of them. This might just backfire for Harper and benefit other parties. Recent response in Quebec to his dinner with the torys did nothing for him in Quebec and they say he will only have minimal representation in the next election.