Canada Kicks Ass
thegreenshift.ca

Canadaka @ Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm

$1:
This is a historic day for our party. Today we launched the Liberal Green Shift - a bold and visionary plan for Canada that will cut income taxes, put a price on pollution, fight poverty and position Canada to be a leader in the 21st century global economy.

The Liberal Green Shift plan is as powerful as it is simple: we will cut taxes on those things we all want more of such as income, investment and innovation. And we will shift those taxes to what we all want less of: pollution, greenhouse gas emissions and waste.

Canadians understand that real action is needed to combat the greatest environmental challenge of this generation: climate change. And they understand that real action need not be a threat to our economic success.
We need to be bold, not blind, to the challenges we are facing today -especially when those challenges include the increasing cost of energy. The environmental and economic challenges of the 21st century can only be solved by bold vision and courageous leadership.

I believe that the Liberal Party can offer this leadership to our country.
The time has come to do what’s right, not what’s easy. Canadians are ready for action.

This summer, Liberals will be criss-crossing the country holding discussions on our plan. We look forward to speaking with many of you and hearing your feedback and ideas.

Please visit www.thegreenshift.ca today to learn more about the Liberal plan and how we can work together to build a richer, greener, fairer Canada

cheryl08 @ Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm not liking the Greenshift. Dion is really sketchy on the details and I don't know if it's a political move because he knows that if he gets into the details of the policy; people will not agree or if it's because he doesn't know himself.