Canada Kicks Ass
Squamish Declaration: Churches must vacate ... by Wednesday

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 13  Next

commanderkai @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 pm

three three:

I don't live in a dorm, but nobody's 'coming to get your home'. Please!

Your property deeds lie in Crown title, which rests on Aboriginal Titles and Rights. It's just a deal the government needs to work out, because NO, we have not paid for the land. That is exactly the issue.

The churches are something else, though, because that's about crimes.

We are exposing some criminals - Anglican, Catholic, United Churches, and governments.

You guys need to know. It's about crimes against children who died.

The churches refuse to release information about the burial locations of the children, so some are being evicted.

History in the making ... right now. 8O ;)

That was supposed to be door but eh. You're talking about Natives taking over churches, which are the spiritual homes for thousands of Canadians. So yes they are taking homes from people, not completely in the physical sense, but still counts. What stops these Natives from taking over an office building or a housing complex

My property was a Crown Title, until we purchased the deed and made it a home/business. If the government tried to take it by sending in "stormtroopers" I'd fight for it, just like if the Natives tried to storm my house or church or business.

You expose criminals by being a criminal? Thats called hypocrisy. Yes we get it that bad shit happened to them, but honestly, the government could have just slaughtered them all and moved on. The land deals were a civilized way to screw them over. Either way they got screwed over. The Residential schools were also horrible, but get over it, the Japanese got over the Internment camps, the Irish and the Italian got over the bullshit on how they were treated coming here.

I'm sorry children died, but this ISNT THE WAY TO GET ANSWERS! STORMING A CHURCH WILL MAKE YOU ENEMIES. Its that simple. If a bunch of Natives stormed my church, I will be just like those Montrealers stoning the cars during Oka. I'm sure all of them felt guilty about it, but they took over a bridge that was vital to the city, and they were all rightfully pissed. If this happened, the military will just make the tribe a terrorist organization and they'll get slaughtered. Oka was over a golf course...this is over people's churches. Nobody I know has an emotional attachment for a 9 hole course, but for the church they saw their son or daughter baptized, their aunt or uncle's wedding, their brother or sister's communion, their grandparents being at peace with God...it will be a slippery slope that will destroy any support for them

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:14 pm

$1:
He was her principal, from kindergarten through grade 7, in a public school.

She'd never been to a residential school at all.

She stammered a little then said it's important to keep the stories alive.

This is exactly what many of them are stories, works of fiction, told by people who've never suffered and hope to reap benefits off of the suffering of others. That children died and suffered while attending Church run schools is not in question. Children of all races did so, but the numbers being bandied about are ridiculous. Of those that disappeared, how many chose to do so? After an education, why would they want to return to the ignorance and poverty of the reservation?

saturn_656 @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:19 am

lily lily:
$1:
You guys need to know. It's about crimes against children who died.

And what about the children that have died at the hands of the natives... more often than not their parents or other relatives taking care of them?

As far as I can tell, whenever those questions are asked when a child is injured or killed blame usually gets placed on our society for making them poor parents, because (insert whatever bullsh*t reason you want here).

Collectively, we are all at fault... shame on us. :roll:

BartSimpson @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:03 am

three three:
lily lily:
$1:
This Eviction Notice gives these churches 72 hours to remove their belongings from the nearly three hundred buildings owned and operated by them in Squamish territory, which encompasses all of Vancouver and the north shore and outlying territories.

All of Vancouver too, eh?

Let's see how the others feel about that.

Like I said ... history in the making!

Just those 3 churches.

No, that would be several hundred churches, or aren't you reading your own propaganda?

BartSimpson @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 am

three three:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
three three:
lily lily:
$1:
This Eviction Notice gives these churches 72 hours to remove their belongings from the nearly three hundred buildings owned and operated by them in Squamish territory, which encompasses all of Vancouver and the north shore and outlying territories.

All of Vancouver too, eh?

Let's see how the others feel about that.

Like I said ... history in the making!

Just those 3 churches.

No, that would be several hundred churches, or aren't you reading your own propaganda?

Many many churches across Canada, but ONLY Anglican, Catholic and United churches that ran the residential schools and hide the truth of what they did there.

See the churches didn't have to report to the government on individual children, just their overall enrolment numbers. So when children were murdered, the churches did not inform anyone. They likely kept them on the roll to get the perdiem grant money from the government.

Beyond murder and genocide, there was a LOT of fraud involved too.

That would be three denominations but several hundred congregations then that would be affected. That's several THOUSAND actual people who will be disposessed.

Good luck with that.

BartSimpson @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 am

three three:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
He was her principal, from kindergarten through grade 7, in a public school.

She'd never been to a residential school at all.

She stammered a little then said it's important to keep the stories alive.

This is exactly what many of them are stories, works of fiction, told by people who've never suffered and hope to reap benefits off of the suffering of others. That children died and suffered while attending Church run schools is not in question. Children of all races did so, but the numbers being bandied about are ridiculous. Of those that disappeared, how many chose to do so? After an education, why would they want to return to the ignorance and poverty of the reservation?

EVIDENCE for these despicable, racist, libellous allegations please?

OR retract what you cannot PROVE!

And by the way ... the government of Canada, INAC, DOES NOT DISPUTE THE NUMBERS OF CHILDREN WHO DIED: 50%, over 50,000 children. Not only do they not dispute it, they play with their enrolment numbers to match ours!

INAC initially told Canadian Press that over 150,000 children attended the schools. Then they revised it down to 100,000 when they saw our data.

They lie, cheat and steal. They are not democratic government but corporate puppets.

You are a sucker for government and corporate propaganda.

You are not a real Canadian speaking like that, but an aspiring corporate goon!

Shep is not an "aspiring corporate goon".

He is a well respected member of this forum who holds to his own views.

Treat him accordingly, eh?

Mustang1 @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:02 pm

three three:
That is Canada's 'legacy'. Genocide. Now exposed.

It's not genocide. You've failed on numerous occasions to substantiate that rather ahistorical claim. I've busted its stupidity wide open and you've failed to acknowledge your piss poor point, blatant parroting and inability to grasp basic history. You're nothing but an agenda-pushing mouthpiece.

Piss off, pee, you're done here.

Mustang1 @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 pm

three three:

OR retract what you cannot PROVE!

Practice what you preach, pee.

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 13  Next