Canada Kicks Ass
Stanley trial is going to end badly no matter the finding

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:52 am

On my door, I have a sign that reads, 'I'm willing to go to jail protecting what's mine. Do you want to be the reason I go to jail?' I also have a sign that reads - No smokes, no taxi service, no snacks and we're not a warming station.

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
On my door, I have a sign that reads, 'I'm willing to go to jail protecting what's mine. Do you want to be the reason I go to jail?' I also have a sign that reads - No smokes, no taxi service, no snacks and we're not a warming station.

You are the poster child I think! Your stuff gets vandalized, school gets vandalized - and you live in a small enough community that everyone knows everyone, and who did it. You also have swift (in the sense that many in rural areas have a 4 - 6 hour wait for the RCMP to arrive in an emergency, assuming there are roads there) RCMP coverage, and still nothing is done!

If you let some drunk person in for a cup of hot chocolate, you run the risk of a good beat down and robbery. And the RCMP might not do anything.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm

The only home invasions that have happened here are on old people who live alone, and it's usually JH and HS dropouts that do it.....often the victims are family members. We've got cameras and a speaker/mic on the doors so I can tell people to fuck off without getting off my couch in the evening. With RCMP response time, they are half a klick away and I'm friends with most of the members. The secretary is our neighbour.

martin14 @ Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen. For decades successive Gov'ts with assistance from the RCMP and local police forces have been systematically attempting to denude homeowners and law abiding citizens from the ability to defend themselves and things like these examples reflect that policy.

Well it certainly won't happen with a Conservative Party trying so hard
to be Lieberallite.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Up to the jury now. I'm guessing criminal negligence causing death, due to careless use of a firearm. The judge said the warning shots if fired were justifiable. The sentence will likely be 18 months to 2 years. Time served will likely be minimal though. native activists will likely try and make the Boushie 5 out to be innocent victims and spin their own story. There may be some attempts at 'retribution' from First Nation activists, and gunfire will likely result.As many have pointed out, this is the culmination of a series of poor choices made by those actively looking for trouble and finding it. They likely went through their lives making poor choices and not suffering any consequences for those choices. It's just my personal opinion, but I've seen it far too often and it'll continue to happen.

martin14 @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 am

native activists will likely try and make the Boushie 5 out to be innocent victims and spin their own story. There may be some attempts at 'retribution' from First Nation activists,

You may want to spend the weekend at home, staying up late to watch the Olympics.
And cleaning stuff. Yeah, cleaning, that's a good word.

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am

There may be some attempts at 'retribution' from First Nation activists, and gunfire will likely result.As many have pointed out, this is the culmination of a series of poor choices made by those actively looking for trouble and finding it. They likely went through their lives making poor choices and not suffering any consequences for those choices. It's just my personal opinion, but I've seen it far too often and it'll continue to happen.

It wouldn't surprise me that the (if I can call them this) the anti-white portion of the first nations will totally ignore testimony like the 'flat tire' that was in fact a bare rim, or the fact that people got out of the truck Boushie was driving and instead of looking for help for the 'flat' tire, instead tried to steal a truck and ATV. It'll just be 'whiteies' fault for not capitulating and letting them do what they want on their stolen land. :roll:

I've too know too many First Nations who had a chip on their shoulder, and even more who were pissed off at the stereotype those people gave the rest of the FN's who only just want to live their lives.

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am

$1:
Emotions have run high during Saskatchewan farmer Gerald Stanley's murder trial — so high the judge had to tell people in the gallery to stop snickering and muttering words under their breath.

Stanley, 56, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Colten Boushie, 22, who died after being shot in the head on the Stanley farm near Biggar. The trial began Jan. 30 in Battleford and jurors are now behind closed doors deliberating on a verdict.

Noise from the gallery was addressed by the judge during a break in Stanley's testimony, when the jury wasn't in the courtroom.

"I know this is an emotional case and I know that people are very vested in what's happening, but that can't happen," said Martel Popescul, chief justice of Saskatchewan's Court of Queen's Bench.

Popescul said it was the first time in his long career that he had to say that in court based on a complaint from a juror.

"It's not a sporting event where we're rooting for one team or another," he said.

$1:
Midway through Jackson's testimony, during a pause when the jury was not in the room, Spencer told the judge: "I believe this witness should be cautioned about perjury."

$1:
Jurors heard from three Crown witnesses who arrived at the farm with Boushie. They did not hear from Wuttunee, who was also supposed to testify, but didn't.

"She did not obey her subpoena and come to court. We had to get a warrant for her arrest," Burge said outside the courtroom.

Though she was brought to the courthouse, Wuttunee was ultimately excused from testifying and the warrant dropped, said Burge.

"There didn't seem to be any purpose in now calling [Wuttunee] as a witness simply to say that she was asleep [at the time of Boushie's shooting] and didn't know what happened," Burge said.

$1:
During the fourth day of testimony, Spencer cross-examined the Crown's firearms expert about "hang fire," the delay between someone pulling a trigger and the bullet coming out.

Popescul stopped Spencer when he approached the witness with a printout of anecdotal hang fire evidence from what Spencer called "an internet source," containing anonymous voices.

"It's wrong on so many levels," said Burge.

After a break, Popescul said the printout was from a Reddit discussion thread and that he wouldn't allow Spencer to question the witness with it, saying it would be "unfair and of no value."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4521111

Thanos @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Not guilty on all counts:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4526313

So, what's next? Saskatoon version of the Rodney King riots? :|

BeaverFever @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanos @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 pm

If the situation is that bad and tense out there now then the Stanley family might have to sell and get out of their for their own safety in case some of Boushie's family or friends go looking for revenge.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

That would result in further gunfire....completely justified and neighbours would likely help defend him. It isn't going to help matters that Trudeau opened his poutine hole, and suggested that he was going to discuss the verdict with MoJ. The self-serving cnut is already looking for photo ops and an opportunity to shed his crocodile tears.

I seriously thought Stanley was going to get a sentence of manslaughter.

Thanos @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:17 pm

I thought he would have at least got reckless use of a firearm causing death. Saying it was a hang-fire while pointing a gun at someone kind of calls for it.

llama66 @ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 pm

It is odd that he got nothing, the Crown failed in its ability to prove the merits of the case.

martin14 @ Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:08 am

Thanos Thanos:
I thought he would have at least got reckless use of a firearm causing death. Saying it was a hang-fire while pointing a gun at someone kind of calls for it.

Only murder or manslaughter on the menu.

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
kill whitey

Yes yes we know full well what you are advocating.
Sickening. :roll:

$1:
Justin Trudeau

@JustinTrudeau

Just spoke with @Puglaas. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow the Boushie family is feeling tonight. Sending love to them from the US.
5:07 AM - Feb 10, 2018

OK, seriously, wtf is this nonsense.
Is Dopey trying to start a race war ?
Being just as irresponsibly stupid as Obongo was with Trey Trey.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next