Canada Kicks Ass
LibraryThing

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:53 pm

I just found out about a neat site, it lets you create an archive of all the books you own.

http://www.librarything.com

And the site has groups, so I made a CKA group you can join.
http://www.librarything.com/groups/canadakicksass

Indelible @ Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:56 pm

that's pretty cool......i joined, but it looks like there's a server error and it won't let me add books right now

Canadaka @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:50 pm

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=canadaka
added most of my books.. wow I don't read much, or own many books.

this is one of my favorite books, lol
Tony & Me
bought it in London while backpacking around Europe.
http://www.librarything.com/work.php?book=9356939

cdncutie @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:41 pm

oh my lord...this is going to take me a while :)

USCAdad @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:09 pm

Interesting concept. Are there any bill bissett fans here? I used to have a copy of Poems for Yoshi that I can't find for the life of me. There's a poem in there that's been stuck in my mind. I believe it's still out of print and hard to find. Anyone here happen to have a copy?

cdncutie @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:24 pm

USCAdad USCAdad:
Interesting concept. Are there any bill bissett fans here? I used to have a copy of Poems for Yoshi that I can't find for the life of me. There's a poem in there that's been stuck in my mind. I believe it's still out of print and hard to find. Anyone here happen to have a copy?

bookfinder.com is great for finding out of print books...they have two copies of Poems for Yoshi listed for about $25CAD

bossdog @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:50 am

cdncutie cdncutie:
oh my lord...this is going to take me a while :)

Not me!

Hester @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:05 pm

I'm not sure I have enough time left in my life to organize and list all my books. I can't wait to get home though to at least try.

Firecat @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:33 pm

My house is full of books My office is in my basement and is predominantly bookshelves with fiction, non fiction, reference, theatre, politics and Religious Studies sections. I've read them all --I have noooo life.

I liquidated my HUGE Sci-Fi collection years ago (I'd been building that for over 25 years). I've moved away from paperbacks into Hard-Covers for the most part now. I love used-book stores. I love reading books that other people have written in too. It's like a momentary connection with someone else who read the same words - you get to see what they thought about something or find a passage marked that had some particular interest for the previous reader.

I don't think I'd ever take the time to enter my library into a database.

Banff @ Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:12 am

yikes ! no thanks it would take at least 3 days to go through them all .Speaking of I better clean out the shelves .

cdncutie @ Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:00 am

since so few from here are doing it, I've started mine in my own name outside the cka group....it's a cool site (keep in mind the 'cool' comment comes from a self-professed dorky librarian)

danikyvor @ Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 am

I've been a member of Library Thing for a year now! It's a great website and it's good for networking too. I'm waiting for LiveJournal to do a wicket that lets people show what books they've got on their journals!

danikyvor @ Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:49 am

I seem to be adding my books in groups too. Now that I have what I wanted from my collection in Canada with me, I can start cataloguing all the ones I have. It's going to take awhile though ha ha

Indelible @ Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:50 pm

yeah...i've added about 24 so far......i don't have a lot either, but i have a few that don't exist in the system, i tried the ISBN number and everyhting....they were printed in the '50s so....yeah..... and i have some books that don't have ISBN numbers either... i have some more to add but i'll do that later