Canada Kicks Ass
English in Quebec

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Elvis @ Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:51 pm

Knoss wrote:

$1:
Besides I said nothing of the English nor of Anglephones, how do you know I wasn't talking about Galic speeking Irish?

:roll:

Numure @ Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:05 am

hwacker hwacker:
Elvis Elvis:
$1:
The same reason the Quebecois wish to oppress the right to free speech of other language groups?

ROTFL c'mon who's being opress??? If we treated the anglo in Québec like they say that we treated them we would not spent 20% of the province education budget on 8% of the population, and we would not build a Billion dollard hospital for them too.

Ridiculous they are really the most spoiled minority in the world.

Hahaha the same holds true for you guys in the eyes of the rest of Canada.

Ohh because we get hospitals and schools in the rest of the country?

If this country wasnt built on the power of the provinces then you might be right... But since it is, your point is mute.

a1frenchy @ Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:49 pm

Ruez, to be serious here I would suggest from experience that urban areas rather than rural are better for English speaking Canadians.

RUEZ @ Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 pm

a1frenchy a1frenchy:
Ruez, to be serious here I would suggest from experience that urban areas rather than rural are better for English speaking Canadians.
I think you are right, I was just wondering anyway. I seem to have heard over the years that were small towns with a mainly English population. I really wish I hadn't quit French after grade 8. :(

a1frenchy @ Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:07 am

Snookums, what have you been doing "cheap drugs" or what! If you think New Brunswick French is a mixture of French and English you're dreaming.

a1frenchy @ Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:53 am

There are likely some areas were English is accepted however the cities are still your best bet. I'm very fortunate in that I'm of Acadian descent, and at 65 I'm still very fluent in French, and lucky too to have a good command of English

-Mario- @ Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:15 am

a1frenchy a1frenchy:
Snookums, what have you been doing "cheap drugs" or what! If you think New Brunswick French is a mixture of French and English you're dreaming.

It depends where in NB you go... and there is no need to insult anybody here...

RUEZ @ Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 am

-Mario- -Mario-:
a1frenchy a1frenchy:

It depends where in NB you go... and there is no need to insult anybody here...
I thought you had to insult someone just to fit in here. :)

Tarius @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:44 pm

The French club at my school is going on a trip for four days to Quebec, and what I really want to know is that if I'm forced to speak English, will anyone understand me? I mean, I do speak a bit of French, but I've only had four years of French class to go on, and most of what we learned was review. :?

Seagram @ Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:26 am

The answer is yes. If you go to the outsides, all the border regions will have English townships. They are harrassed insessantly by the language police, however, because they have no real political representation, being that far from Montreal.

Tarius @ Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info, but you were one day too late I'm afraid. I was surprised at how many people did have some or a lot of knowledge on the English language and I was pleasantly surprised at how patient they were at listening to me speak in French. As I said before, thanks! PDT_Armataz_01_34

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6