Canada Kicks Ass
Sovereignty, schmovereignty.

Previous  1  2  3

Pimpbrewski @ Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:30 am

fire_i fire_i:
Likely.

However, notice separatist parties, as of lately, tend to get less votes than there are Québécois who claim to be separatists... that means that the opposite is actually more likely and that many separatists actually vote for federalist parties..

That's because the PQ keeps fighting within themselves. Landry and Marois keep feuding between themselves, it's all over the news. How can someone actually take the PQ serious? Don't mean to be too forward here, but the PQ is a joke, plain and simple :wink: . They have always been fighting between themselves throughout the years, therefore, a party of that stature should not be taken seriously. Voyons donc tabarnak :lol: :lol: :lol:

fire_i fire_i:
My own educated guess is that nearly all separatists who don't vote PQ/Québec Solidaire vote ADQ.

ADQ is more of a Conservative party. Mario has some good political issues to discuss. Actually a very good politician . Quebec Solidaire is pretty much a joke. Do not mean to insult you here. You have a very good debating aspect. As long as you discuss all issues and not only on one partisan line, you ok. Still, PLQ, PQ, ADQ all have very good issues in their own respect. Right now, people are leaning towards the ADQ, changes are in order. The PQ is an old (choose the term) in favour of sovereignty, that's all they want. They need something else. The PLQ is about economy, which is good. The ADQ is about change, but Mario needs a better team. All in all, Charest and Dumont make the best choices out there. :D

Montrealaise @ Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:48 am

With separatist hardliners leaving the PQ and joining Québec Solidaire (or dropping out altogether), they are only serving to margianalize their cause. Sounds good to me!

kenmore @ Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:24 pm

I was in Quebec city to celebrate ... just got home... I heard on the radio the Liberals were leading in the polls... and Harper was there giving out cash... so sounds good eh?

fire_i @ Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
That's because the PQ keeps fighting within themselves. Landry and Marois keep feuding between themselves, it's all over the news. How can someone actually take the PQ serious? Don't mean to be too forward here, but the PQ is a joke, plain and simple :wink: . They have always been fighting between themselves throughout the years, therefore, a party of that stature should not be taken seriously. Voyons donc tabarnak :lol: :lol: :lol:

The PQ very much resembles the european parliaments, except on the level of a single party... they're a collective of very different people rallied together by a common ideal. That makes disagreement common and expectable, though the PQ's way of handling it is indeed... crappy. Personally *that* in particular doesn't turn me away (although I'm pretty pissed at the PQ these days for the direction they've taken under Marois), but I'm not surprised it upsets other people.

$1:
ADQ is more of a Conservative party.

Oh? :lol: http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

$1:
Mario has some good political issues to discuss. Actually a very good politician.

*Chokes*

I disagree on all the line, but I don't think it's a good idea to push the point. We both know that won't lead us anywhere. ;)

$1:
Quebec Solidaire is pretty much a joke. Do not mean to insult you here. You have a very good debating aspect.

Hm? Oh, I'm not insulted. I'm not associated with any party, although like everyone there are some I like more than other, and anyway I have no party loyalty at all. One can ciriticize a party as much as they want - I'll never feel aimed and in fact I'll probably point out my agreement (if I do agree), even if I normally like the criticized party.

QS is not a joke though - remember it got more votes in the last election than the ADQ did the first time around (and the ADQ even had the fortune of being invited to the electoral debate, something QS didn't get!). I'm pretty sure that the day QS either a) gets invited to the electoral debate or b) gets at least one seat in the parliament is the day they'll get over 10% of popular support - and at that point they'd be ahead irrelevancy. From then and on though, they pretty much would have to moderate their positions, for I don't think more than maybe 15% of Quebec would really be ready to vote for a party with such radical left wing views... especially how they want to call unilateral secession if they're elected. I personally would always consider voting for them so long as they a) keep that aforementionned idea in their program but can't win or b) remove that same idea from their program. I find them a bit too left-wing (!), but overall I like them.

$1:
Right now, people are leaning towards the ADQ, changes are in order.

Well, I could question the "right now" part - Mario and the ADQ are slumping these days, but it's true that if we look back on a 3-year period, they're on a streak. As for changes being order... hmm. Personally I'm not too upset by how Quebec is going these days (since the beginning of the PLQ's second mandate I should precise) - barring a few issues, I don't see anything on the table that gets me to pull my hair off right now. I'd say the PLQ is currently in the kind of situation where it excels : a "nothing happens" situation. There's no absolutely ground-breaking issue, the govt goes about as usual, things move slowly and unspectacularly, but effectively enough. That, combined with the ADQ's questionable performance as opposition party (despite not liking them at all I expected them to do much better - seemed like the kind of place where Dumont in particular would excel but he's kind of struggling up there) might explain why the ADQ suddenly got less interest from the people, why the PLQ is doing well and why the PQ apparently doesn't gets less backlash than usual for the small controversies that have been popping since Marois took over.

$1:
The PQ is an old (choose the term) in favour of sovereignty, that's all they want. They need something else. The PLQ is about economy, which is good. The ADQ is about change, but Mario needs a better team. All in all, Charest and Dumont make the best choices out there. :D

Well personally I'm all for the PQ dropping sovereignty as a front-running issue until they, you know, actually stand a chance at obtaining it, but then again I'm also a bit annoyed as to how they try to shove the ADQ away from its spot of predilection. The main reason why I always tended to like the PQ was simply ideological nearness on the left-right divide (which is simplistic but whatev), but right now it's just seems like they're leaving behind many of their traditional positions... and it happens it's pretty much always those I liked, hence why I'm considering alternative choices. Right now I could pretty much vote for anyone - Green, PQ, Libs or QS... just not the ADQ, too idealogically far from me.

Previous  1  2  3