Canada Kicks Ass
Muhammad Ali close to death: Source

Previous  1  2  3

herbie @ Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:08 pm

$1:
And to jail he went unlike most of the draft dodging zero's who claimed to have the same moral high ground but weren't willing to make the same commitment.

No we benefited from those ones. As I told my Dad back when I was 18 "We gt 100,000 high school educated, young, able bodied English speaking almost all white men and you're bitching about it... I don't understand you at all."

BeaverFever @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:28 am

BRAH BRAH:
WTF is wrong with you besides the obvious? Congratulations on Hijacking another thread with your Right Wing Derangement Syndrome.

No fair! They started it!

BartSimpson @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:50 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
RIP Mr. Clay.

His ghost says fuck you for calling him by that name.

What's wrong with that? I thought it was a tradition to disregard the adopted names of converts to Islam.

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walker_Lindh

$1:
Lindh went by the name Sulayman al-Faris during his time in Afghanistan, but prefers the name Abu Sulayman al-Irlandi today.[7] In early reports following his capture, when the press learned that he was a U.S. citizen, he was usually referred to by the news media as just "John Walker".[8]

You lefty types prefer to call people by their given names if they adopt a Muslim name, right? So isn't SD doing what you people prefer lest you get outraged and call us 'Islamophobic' for recognizing that someone has converted to Islam?

:idea:

andyt @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:01 am

oh, oh, clear the room, Bart farted again.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am

andyt andyt:
oh, oh, clear the room, Bart farted again.

No, that's just you needing a bath again. I mean I know you take one every year whther you need it or not but when you start to smell like ass then it's time.

Given no one else is in the room with you right now then you're just smelling yourself.

And an old adage says it best:

$1:
You know you smell bad when YOU know you smell bad!
:mrgreen:

BeaverFever @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:38 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
RIP Mr. Clay.

His ghost says fuck you for calling him by that name.

What's wrong with that? I thought it was a tradition to disregard the adopted names of converts to Islam.

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walker_Lindh

$1:
Lindh went by the name Sulayman al-Faris during his time in Afghanistan, but prefers the name Abu Sulayman al-Irlandi today.[7] In early reports following his capture, when the press learned that he was a U.S. citizen, he was usually referred to by the news media as just "John Walker".[8]

You lefty types prefer to call people by their given names if they adopt a Muslim name, right? So isn't SD doing what you people prefer lest you get outraged and call us 'Islamophobic' for recognizing that someone has converted to Islam?

:idea:

I don't know that 'lefty types' have any preference, but whether you want to use the legal name or the name that they are commonly known and used by the public, that name is still Muhammad Ali. Clay legally changed his name to Ali and that's what the media and pop culture have been calling him for more than half a century.

Nobody would normally use the name "Cassius Clay" when talking about the man today. Like nobody would say "Last year as I saw Cassius Clay in a restaurant". If you did, the other person would probably say "do you mean Muhammad Ali?" It takes deliberate effort for someone today to decide to call him Cassius Clay. And that's because some people's ideology will just not allow them to say anything to a Muslim name unless it's attached to hate-filled rhetoric or something negative, even if it's just something as basic as "RIP" to a legendary athlete.

As for Lindh, I don't know what his actual legal name is, if he ever officially changed it, and it appears he's changed it again (probably unofficially). But either way he doesn't have 50 years of the media calling him something different anyway.

So call Lindh by his legal name, or the name he's more commonly known as, whatever. Muhammad Ali is both the legal name and Commonly Known As name for the celebrity who just passed away.

OnTheIce @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I don't know that 'lefty types' have any preference, but whether you want to use the legal name or the name that they are commonly known and used by the public, that name is still Muhammad Ali. Clay legally changed his name to Ali and that's what the media and pop culture have been calling him for more than half a century.

So call Lindh by his legal name, or the name he's more commonly known as, whatever. Muhammad Ali is both the legal name and Commonly Known As name for the celebrity who just passed away.

I refer to him by his legal name, Muhammad Ali.

Does that make me a lefty?

Even in death, this Islamophobes can't get over themselves. Pathetic.

Lemmy @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 am

I don't know what Cat Stevens changed his name to...not that I believed his name was really "Cat Stevens" either.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
I don't know what Cat Stevens changed his name to...not that I believed his name was really "Cat Stevens" either.

Born Steven Demetre Georgiou now, Yusuf Islam. This guy has a definite problem deciding on what he wants to be called.

herbie @ Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:59 pm

$1:
Like nobody would say "Last year as I saw Cassius Clay in a restaurant". If you did, the other person would probably say "Gee you really ARE an old fart, aren't you?"

FTFY

Sunnyways @ Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Lemmy Lemmy:

Born Steven Demetre Georgiou now, Yusuf Islam. This guy has a definite problem deciding on what he wants to be called.

Great songwriter in his time, though. BTW Ricky Gervais' favourite song is Lillywhite.

Previous  1  2  3