Canada Kicks Ass
UFC

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7

rickc @ Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

raydan raydan:
Question... Do UFC fighters all need those stupid nicknames? [huh]

Of course they do!!! Its part of the game. It helps hype the sport. "Lights out" sells more tickets than James Toney. How many people would pay to go see a movie called Bruce Wayne the millionaire? You call it Batman the Dark Knight, and you have a blockbuster on your hands. It all about how you package the product.

rickc @ Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:13 pm

[B-o] It was worth paying $60 just to see that arrogant douchbag Garbrandt get his ass handed to him!

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:02 pm

I don't know how long this one will stay up. Looks like it was done on a cam.

This one looks like the real thing though:

xerxes @ Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:58 pm

rickc rickc:
[B-o] It was worth paying $60 just to see that arrogant douchbag Garbrandt get his ass handed to him!

Same here. I can't stand that guy and his stupid Mickey Mouse tattoos.

And GSP looked good despite all his time off. His technique on the finishing choke was spot on.

rickc @ Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:49 pm

xerxes xerxes:
rickc rickc:

And GSP looked good despite all his time off. His technique on the finishing choke was spot on.

The second that he applied the choke I knew that it was over. No one gets out of that. To Bisping's credit he did not tap out, he passed out. It will be interesting to see which weight class GSP wants to fight in. He wasn't very clear on that.

All in all it was a good card. Three new champions in one night. That Rose Namajunas is one tough customer. Knock out power in her fists and one of the best ground games in MMA, men or women. She is going to be tough to beat.

Tricks @ Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:40 pm

rickc rickc:
xerxes xerxes:
rickc rickc:

The second that he applied the choke I knew that it was over. No one gets out of that. To Bisping's credit he did not tap out, he passed out. It will be interesting to see which weight class GSP wants to fight in. He wasn't very clear on that.

All in all it was a good card. Three new champions in one night. That Rose Namajunas is one tough customer. Knock out power in her fists and one of the best ground games in MMA, men or women. She is going to be tough to beat.

He's gotta drop, he was getting gassed, you could tell. Either that or crank up his cardio.

rickc @ Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 pm

wow just seen some guy from wales end a match with a calf slicer. never seen anything like it. that was one badass move.

rickc @ Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Canadian ryan janes had the comeback of the century. I lost count of all the unanswered blows to the head he took in the first round. I have never seen a ref let someone take such a beating before. janes came back to win the second round, and win the fight in the third with a spectacular knockout. Easily one of the greatest comebacks in MMA.

xerxes @ Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:30 pm

A great bunch of fights Saturday night from the UFC superspreader event in Florida. Damn good fights and damned good knockouts.

Warning, the clip at 1:10 is not for the faint of heart.

raydan @ Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:03 pm

He only realized that his leg was broken when he tried to put his weight on it. 8O

rickc @ Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:34 pm

That is pretty messed up!!! The irony here is that Anderson Silva broke his leg in the exact same fashion against Weidman just a few years ago. I can only recall two instances of this type of leg break in MMA, and Chris Weidman was involved in both.

xerxes @ Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:56 pm

rickc rickc:
That is pretty messed up!!! The irony here is that Anderson Silva broke his leg in the exact same fashion against Weidman just a few years ago. I can only recall two instances of this type of leg break in MMA, and Chris Weidman was involved in both.

Apparently there was one way back in the day with I forget who. But the odds have to be off the charts for Weidman to be involved in 2 of the 3. God that was horrible to watch. This was worse than Anderson Silva’s IMO. At least Silva realized it happened right away and didn’t step on it. PDT_Armataz_01_32

Tricks @ Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:15 pm

That card was crazy. Rose with that head kick, Usman with an absolute blast of a right hand, a guy winning a fight without literally doing anything, a guy going the other way and losing to a leg kick. What a card.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7