now that's funny

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
the guy giving the salute is Henry Ford who worked all his life in a GM plant

now that's funny
it is,we just call him Lyle.

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:46 pm

Got another one coming,give me an hour or two.

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Uploaded,processing,please wait.
Cheryl crow tunes,another blast,some more spectacular otter action and the ever present choppers with a few pics thrown in.

The pics and video start in late july last year when I got on the plane in Calgary and end last week.

Enjoy people,hope I get a better rating from that American chick this time.She mistook me for another person. :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhiCSp9Tg9s[/youtube]

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:53 pm

The end or last clips are me driving home this afternoon into Frank and the slide.

EDIT-You need a hand?
French pilot-I think I may need a hand.

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 pm

lily lily:
Very nice. I like the shots at the end of the slide. ;)
I like the part when I ask the pilot if he wants a hand loading that 200 pound transformer and he tells me he needs a hand and shuts the chopper down.
im going home,dont give a shit what he wants to pack back to baker,thats why the thumbs up.We left it there and I didnt get out,plus it was cold..

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:13 pm

lily lily:
What was it you tossed the wolf?
He didn't seem too impressed by it. :D
The guy in front of me threw something out there,maybe an o henry bar,he isnt coming back because of that. :wink:

Alta_redneck @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Good stuff Zig, save all your video and apply for a big money grant from the NFB for a 1 hour documentary of life on the road in the Artic. It’ll give you something to do from Nov. to Feb. Have you got any good story tellers up there, that’s one thing I enjoyed in a camp environment, stories from jobs long gone and a 40 lber of rum to start the night off with, the more rum the more animated the stories.

Canadaka @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Very cool videos ziggy!

Wada @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Great stuff Zig! and the memories for when yer old like me :lol:

ziggy @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:18 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Good stuff Zig, save all your video and apply for a big money grant from the NFB for a 1 hour documentary of life on the road in the Artic. It’ll give you something to do from Nov. to Feb. Have you got any good story tellers up there, that’s one thing I enjoyed in a camp environment, stories from jobs long gone and a 40 lber of rum to start the night off with, the more rum the more animated the stories.
you got that right on storytelling nights.Most of the people are Canadians but have worked remote camps all over the world so the stories are quite good.
The one about the Turkish camps stands out,they dont use toilet paper there,just a finger,i'll leave out the part about the chocolate ice cream. 8O whats really amazing is how some one can come from Spain or China for a month and wind up knowing some of the guys at camp,small world but I think theres a bit of a network that they all use to keep getting work like this.Most are experts in their field and mucho sought after for their experience so they travel the world lots. I dont feel bad about useing an unheated outhouse after hearing what some have to go through in other camps.

They want to try and work us all winter,this should be interesting,theres a reason no one works there at that time,even the Innuit.I think we'll be confined to camp 6 out of 7 days for visibility.Cant even go snowmobiling or fishing then,just play cards.

One story I tell.

March this year I was at the Baker lake airport waiting for my flight home,the drillers were just starting to filter in for the spring season.I look and see this guy in sneakers and a jean jacket looking at his itinerary and trying to figure out which camp he was going to(there's 17 around Baker).I looked at him and said wow! you cant go up there like that.He started doing a little jig and saying he was willie from New Brunswick and a driller and was tough,could take it.Found out later willie was part of the "dumb and dumber" drill team for Boart Longyear.So the chopper pilot walks up,gives him the once over and says "Tell you what,i'll get you a ride into town and you can spend your first paycheque on a parka and boots......because theres no way your getting on my helicopter like that.When I came back from my break Willie was leaveing,he threw his jacket at the guys and said "give this to the next stupid bastard that comes to the Arctic without a parka" he was hilarious,we all looked forward to him coming back last week but he got thrown in jail around Winnipeg for something or other.So a drills parked,no drillers. We also hafe a Newfie and a Cape Bretoner on our crew so that alone is like comedy central when they go at it.

I nicknamed the Newfie "codgobbler" it stuck. :wink:

ziggy @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:33 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
Very cool videos ziggy!

Thanks,if you look closely at the second blast you will see the blasters and a driller diving for cover under the big rock truck as the rocks were coming through the air,watch for the puff of dust in front of the truck right after they get under it.

The otter landing-watch for water spray as she lands on the part of the airstrip that isnt even finished yet,was her first time landing there and she got stuck in the mud. :roll:

ziggy @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 am

Wada Wada:

I am old like you. :?

fatbasturd @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Wada Wada:

I am old like you. :?
yup look at the picture it speaks a thousand words :D

ziggy @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd: