Canada Kicks Ass
Visiting Israel.

xerxes @ Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:06 am

All I know about Israel is that the dour, non-fun place to be is Jerusalem (at least as far as nightlife goes. There still is all the history, of course). The more urban/happening places are Haifa and Tel Aviv.

For a great view, check out the Golan Heights if you can. Apparently, you can see almost all of Israel on a clear day (which is why the Israeli's took it during the Six-Day War).

Oh, and don't plan on eating any meals with pork in it.

Bon Voyage.

Canadaka @ Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:10 am

very kewl. I don't know much about the safety concerns, but I think it would be a very interesting place to visit.

usababe @ Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:45 pm

you might check out the CIA fact book for Isreal for some background info and there are security alerts on their site too i think.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:45 pm

If you want pork in Israel go to a Russian deli, as most Russian Jews eat pork, which gives other Rabbis fits(in Moslem countries they call it white steak and it is readily available in expat markets). Elat, along the Red Sea is an excellent place to grab sun and surf. It is also free of turmoil and terrorists. Plus for the guys, it has a topless [drool] beach!!!

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:27 am

A few times. twice for Easter as a child, once for Christmas when I was sixteen and two other times for business/pleasure in the last five years. Elat was a real pleasure once I slapped the SPF 5000 on. The food is good and for the most part the people are friendly, though the Israelis can be a little loud/pushy.

Giselle @ Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:23 am

Leave all pointy objects at home.

And don't stare at the army dudes, they don't like it, even if you are wearing a press tag, oh and don't ever point a camera at them that's a sure way to see what their jails look like fron the inside.

:roll: