Canada Kicks Ass
Delay to step down

Previous  1  2

Jaime_Souviens @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:14 pm

QBC QBC:
Ok, now is this just a general definition? or is this the letter of the law in the US?

It's old English law.

Impeachment is like an indictment. It just officially brings up the charge before the body that hears a case. For indictment, criminal court, impeachment, (in this case), the U. S. Senate.

And it wasn't for his sex acts, it was for lying in sworn testimony. More like perjury.

And he was also disbarred as an Arkansas attorney on the same grounds.

themasta @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:16 pm

xerxes xerxes:
So much for that talking point. We should start a pool on what the next smear tactic will be.

I'm betting the GOP will say that either he:

1) Is gay
2) Supports Cindy Sheehan
3) Doesn't support the troops enough
or
4) Hates America because he's a Democrat

Any takers?

Does 5)All of the above, count?

BartSimpson @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:19 pm

QBC QBC:
Hmmm, learn something new every day. So being impeached is just being accused infront of a competent tribunal? All that over a blowjob, the US is a strange place. Ya know, I think I'd be more worried about a male leader that didn't want a blowjob from a younger woman than one that did.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. Has nothing really to do with Clinton's sex life or his impeachment

It was about a charge of perjury. His sex life was what he'd been questioned about and he lied to the court about it. He had the Fifth Amendment right to not answer the question at all but he chose to lie instead. As a lawyer and an Officer of the Court he committed perjury and even though he survived the impeachment he was still disbarred from the practice of law.

BartSimpson @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:22 pm

Delay was indicted but the only place where his name occurs is in the header of the indictment. His name is not at all listed in the body of the indictment and, therefore, there is no actual evidence or charge against him.

I won't speak to the yea or nay of what he may or may not have done, but the indictment itself is spurious and shoddy.

If he actually is guilty of anything the DA should be fired for writing up such a crappy indictment that is certain to see Delay walk free.

Jaime_Souviens @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:30 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
QBC QBC:
Hmmm, learn something new every day. So being impeached is just being accused infront of a competent tribunal? All that over a blowjob, the US is a strange place. Ya know, I think I'd be more worried about a male leader that didn't want a blowjob from a younger woman than one that did.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. Has nothing really to do with Clinton's sex life or his impeachment

It was about a charge of perjury. His sex life was what he'd been questioned about and he lied to the court about it. He had the Fifth Amendment right to not answer the question at all but he chose to lie instead. As a lawyer and an Officer of the Court he committed perjury and even though he survived the impeachment he was still disbarred from the practice of law.

(Great minds think alike... )

Jaime_Souviens @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Delay was indicted but the only place where his name occurs is in the header of the indictment. His name is not at all listed in the body of the indictment and, therefore, there is no actual evidence or charge against him.

I won't speak to the yea or nay of what he may or may not have done, but the indictment itself is spurious and shoddy.

If he actually is guilty of anything the DA should be fired for writing up such a crappy indictment that is certain to see Delay walk free.

Hey, Bart,

Was it four grand juries that failed to turn in an indictment against Delay and he was indicted by the fifth, or was it five grand juries that would not indict and the District Attorney finally got an indictment on the sixth? I can't remember.

hwacker @ Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:51 pm

Jaime_Souviens Jaime_Souviens:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Hey, Bart,

Was it four grand juries that failed to turn in an indictment against Delay and he was indicted by the fifth, or was it five grand juries that would not indict and the District Attorney finally got an indictment on the sixth? I can't remember.

I think it was 4 going to 5, talk about flogging a dead horse, I wonder how much he paid the last group to get what he needed.

American @ Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:34 am

Avro Avro:
Don't worry Scape they are all still trying to heal the boo boos they got when they failed to get Clinton impeached for getting a blow job. Perhaps jealousy because they have never had the pleasure of recieving one themselves. :lol:

I guess you don't understand how it works. Clinton was impeached, but the Senate did not remove him from office. Maybe you should study up a bit before you talk. BTW, getting a blow job was not among the charges. I don't know if jealousy is the right word, but it may be true that they've never gotten blow jobs, like the ones you give.

Previous  1  2