Canada Kicks Ass
The gun control debate is about to change

1  2  3  Next

Scape @ Mon May 16, 2022 12:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBuFeSz9AnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3oWZhjCrk8

Scape @ Mon May 16, 2022 1:48 pm

I was trained on the FN-C1 which is 7.62 and it has superior stopping power to the M5 with the drawback of it being a heavy rifle. We got 'upgraded' to the C-7 which is the improved version of the US M-16 with easier to clean for stock that was revisable and interchangeable and you had an ejection port so you could fire it left handed and not get spent casings in the eye. We were 'sold' on the downgrade of 5.56 rounds because they 'wound' a solider and that takes 3 men off the field (one wounded and 2 to evac).

The thing is, we were not put there to wound people, we are there to eliminate them. High power does that by upping the lethality. A 50 cal doesn't even need to hit you, it can miss and the torque from the round passing your head can still tear your head off.

DrCaleb @ Mon May 16, 2022 3:09 pm

As a hunter, I would hunt with a .303 or 30-06, which has the stopping power to drop a bison. I would not hunt with a 22/303 (similar to the 5.56) which will drop a coyote at 600m. It doesn't do enough damage to hunt deer.

But a 6.80 X 51mm? (.277 caliber) Jeezus! That will stop a jeep.

Scape @ Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhQS4CGkblU

xerxes @ Mon May 16, 2022 4:44 pm

The gun control debate won't change. If 20 kids gunned down in their school doesn't change things, they never will/

DrCaleb @ Mon May 16, 2022 4:45 pm

It might change the debate when 20 kids becomes 200.

Strutz @ Mon May 16, 2022 5:18 pm

They can impose all the bans/controls/restrictions they want to.

Sadly, it won't stop those who are determined to murder in cold blood all those who they deem "a threat", or whatever nonsense they think justifies their actions.

Scape @ Mon May 16, 2022 5:40 pm

What will change is the virtue signaling of the gun control crowd. Limiting mag size and automatic butt stocks are going to be seen as the red herring that they are. It will force them to focus on the real issue. When ELEPHANT GUNS are in the hands of kids that can bring down tanks they will have no choice.

DrCaleb @ Tue May 17, 2022 5:52 am

The gun crowd seems to be suffering from the same NRA fuelled toxic masculinity that the burger joints have fostered in men as well.

DrCaleb @ Tue May 17, 2022 6:54 am

It took CNN anchors over 3 minutes to list all the US cities that have had mass shootings this year. It's only May

housewife @ Tue May 17, 2022 8:09 am

The shootings have become accepted in the states as part of life. I don’t understand how but it really seems so. The news will go on about “the lone wolf” or “the radicalized shooter”. People will call for gun control or at least a background check for violence and mental health problems. Others will say he was an exception most gun owners are sane…. Then they will debate the different guns and why people need to own some of the guns out there. Someone else will start screaming freedumb… the story will get dropped till the next one. Rinse and repeat.

I’m at a loss how to explain the unexplainable. I understand hunting and not using something that will just tick off a moose or bear but the debated guns aren’t used for hunting. But regardless nothing will happen. Because freedumb which apparently means the right to be gunned down while shopping.

DrCaleb @ Tue May 17, 2022 9:15 am

housewife housewife:
Because freedumb which apparently means the right to be gunned down while shopping.

That's the entire debate right there. Is the right to absolute free speech and absolute right to own every kind of gun, balance for the right to not be randomly gunned down.

bootlegga @ Tue May 17, 2022 12:00 pm

Beau's follow-up is amazing!

bootlegga @ Tue May 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Scape Scape:
I was trained on the FN-C1 which is 7.62 and it has superior stopping power to the M5 with the drawback of it being a heavy rifle. We got 'upgraded' to the C-7 which is the improved version of the US M-16 with easier to clean for stock that was revisable and interchangeable and you had an ejection port so you could fire it left handed and not get spent casings in the eye. We were 'sold' on the downgrade of 5.56 rounds because they 'wound' a solider and that takes 3 men off the field (one wounded and 2 to evac).

The thing is, we were not put there to wound people, we are there to eliminate them. High power does that by upping the lethality. A 50 cal doesn't even need to hit you, it can miss and the torque from the round passing your head can still tear your head off.

The other argument for going from 7.62 to 5.56 was a study (IIRC by the US Army) that many infantry engagements (in Korea and Vietnam) occurred at fairly close range and having a heavy rifle that could shoot just as far as a WW2 Enfield/Garand wasn't deemed necessary by the powers that be.

Scape @ Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lij6a4c ... WL&index=3

1  2  3  Next