Canada Kicks Ass
SECOND ENGLISH DEBATE - SECOND DÉBAT ANGLOPHONE

Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  Next

Numure @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:56 am

IceOwl IceOwl:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Paul Martin: Killing the NWS clause=death. What an idiot. He made that up on the fly! His technique of debate is very poor. His hand waving was terribly annoying and at times, he looks tired and confused...almost scrambling.

His hand gestures are really overdramatic. I guess that's what you have to do when you know you probably don't stand much of a chance.

Or clausing yours eyes for over 3-4 seconds babling while annoucing you will remove the nonwithstanding clause.

Delwin @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:07 am

Numure Numure:
Delwin Delwin:
Indeed, on pages 15 and 16 of its current platform, the Parti québécois clearly states that it will, if elected, commit public funds to promote Québec sovereignty. It spells out that if elected, the Parti québécois will appoint a minister responsible for achieving sovereignty, and ensure that each department of the Government of Québec drafts an action plan for sovereignty as well.

There is a difference between clean money spent by the Québec government, 25 million$, to promote souvrainté.

There is also a difference, with the 35 million$ spent by the Federal Government of Canada to promote Canadian Unity.

The 5 million$ of Option Canada have NEVER been declared to the Election Offices of Québec. Under referendum laws, both the Oui and Non camps had limits of spending. The Federal Government CHEATED AGAIN and smuggled money to SAVE CANADA. But at what price?

Delwin Delwin:
This is in no way different from the Parti québécois’ behaviour in the lead up to the 1995 referendum. The péquiste government then had set up a department, the Secrétariat à la restructuration, headed by minister Richard Le Hir and endowed with a $ 9.4 million budget.

That’s over and above all other PQ government expenditures to promote sovereignty:

Regional and national commissions on the future of Quebec: $8.5 million
Conseil de la souveraineté (pre-referendum activities): $4 million
Government mailings (draft bill on Quebec sovereignty): $3 million
Lobbying the government of the United States: $500,000
The YES Committee: $2.5 million[/b]So it is O.K. for the PQ government to promote it's cause in Quebec, but it is not O.K. for people who are not in Quebec to do the same, unity is a National issue, as long as you and I continue to live in the same nation, we should both be allowed to advance our interests, welcome to democracy.

You truly are the biggest idiot on these forums, arnt you? I've seen you non stop yell out lies, outright lies of ignorance!

Does spenditures we'Re declared to Elections Québec, just like the 35 million$ spent by the Federal Government to promote Canadian Unity leading up to the referendum.

The 5 million$ of Option Canada was NEVER delcared. Thats the scandal.

Option Canada was an independant agency set up to promote Canadian unity, they were issued a grant from the government to promote unity. The group independently decided to promote the issue by using their funds at the time of the rally, which was in fact a large meeting. Option Canada was run by former members of both the liberals and the conservatives and was thus, not partisan. Option Canada ran independently from government influence and decided to spend it's money how it wanted, hence it was a "third part". The supreme court decided to strike down sections of Levesques referrendum law which limited third party spending, hence, No Scandel!!!

Numure @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:22 am

Numure @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:23 am

Delwin Delwin:
Option Canada was an independant agency set up to promote Canadian unity, they were issued a grant from the government to promote unity. The group independently decided to promote the issue by using their funds at the time of the rally, which was in fact a large meeting. Option Canada was run by former members of both the liberals and the conservatives and was thus, not partisan. Option Canada ran independently from government influence and decided to spend it's money how it wanted, hence it was a "third part". The supreme court decided to strike down sections of Levesques referrendum law which limited third party spending, hence, No Scandel!!!

Option Canada at its head office in the exact same small building as Heritage Canada. They we're one and the same, controled and runned by the Heritage Minister and team. They we're not a third party organisation, as members of the ''non'' camp we're involved in Option Canada from its conception.

It wouldnt be a scandal if their wasnt illegal activities involved in it. ALso, to be a third party, they would of had to be funded by independant sources. Not the fact. They got all of their funding from Heritage Canada, a 5.5 million$ grant.

Elvis @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:24 am

Delwin you are making stuff up again!

Option Canada was a secret organisation and was created just before the referendum for the only purpous of breaking Québec law on Public consultation! There is nothing legitimate about that organisation. Because it was created in secret and operated in secret without ever having to give any account to Us the public!

Delwin I have just one Question for you.

Are you a democrat?

Delwin @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:43 am

Elvis Elvis:
Delwin you are making stuff up again!

Option Canada was a secret organisation and was created just before the referendum for the only purpous of breaking Québec law on Public consultation! There is nothing legitimate about that organisation. Because it was created in secret and operated in secret without ever having to give any account to Us the public!

Delwin I have just one Question for you.

Are you a democrat?

Option Canada's funding was the subject of an internal audit by the Department of Canadian Heritage in 1996, the findings of which were sent to the Auditor General. The funding was also the subject of numerous reports, all of which were made public and tabled in the House of Commons.
Elvis, what you say is just not true .

Elvis @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:15 am

No Delwin the paper trail was reveal this week what I'm saying are not baseless accusation! The invoice and the bills and the check are now in the hand of the DGE of Québec and the auditor general of Canada.

Before this there where no way for anyone to investigate because all the paper trail has been hiden or destroy, and no one wanted to admit that option Canada ever existed. Now that it is out in the open no one can hide the frauds anymore!

So again are you a democrat?

Delwin @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:33 am

Elvis Elvis:
No Delwin the paper trail was reveal this week what I'm saying are not baseless accusation! The invoice and the bills and the check are now in the hand of the DGE of Québec and the auditor general of Canada.

Before this there where no way for anyone to investigate because all the paper trail has been hiden or destroy, and no one wanted to admit that option Canada ever existed. Now that it is out in the open no one can hide the frauds anymore!

So again are you a democrat?

I have very social values, if that is what you mean.I don't think their is a need to label me as Democrat, liberal or republican or conservative but I will be voting for the liberals this election.

Elvis @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:38 am

No a Democrat in the sens of someone who has democratic value!!!!!

So are you a Democrat?

Delwin @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:44 am

Elvis Elvis:
No a Democrat in the sens of someone who has democratic value!!!!!

So are you a Democrat?
Ok, i'll bite, yes I believe in democratic values, and the laws which govern a democracy. I believe that the people of a nation should create their own destiny and that the government is a means to do this, and that the government is in place to speak on behalf of the people, not to speak in place of the people. I sense a follow up question here...

Elvis @ Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:05 am

Delwin you have to understand the danger in denying a people there right to self determination. Us Quebecer have chosen the democratic Process to obtain our country. In the history of the world that's a rare thing.

But if the Canadian government cheat then the democratic option will be off the table. Do you understand all that this scandal imply?
Would you rather choose to live beside the democratic country of Québec or this?
PDT_Armataz_01_40

Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  Next