Canada Kicks Ass
SECOND ENGLISH DEBATE - SECOND DÉBAT ANGLOPHONE

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  Next

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Oh I get it you the cons had to build a party out of scraps, so the left should do the same, I don't think so, one Frankenparty is enough.

Thats Canada under the Liberals on the table. :P

Professor Harpenstein is the the only scientist who can breathe life into the Canadian corpse. Paul Martin can play Igor. :lol:

Delwin @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:13 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Delwin Delwin:
Oh I get it you the cons had to build a party out of scraps, so the left should do the same, I don't think so, one Frankenparty is enough.

Thats Canada under the Liberals on the table. :P

Professor Harpenstein is the the only scientist who can breathe life into the Canadian corpse. Paul Martin can play Igor. :lol:

No that's Proffessor Van Voter, thinking he can make something good out of dead parts. :idea:

Motorcycleboy @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:18 pm

$1:
Delwin That doesn't change the fact that 3/4 of the parties are socially left of centre. This should tell you something, Canadians do not want to kick around the poor for profit,

I've been following this election pretty closely, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find a Tory policy that deals with the issue of "kicking around the poor for profit." Where in the CPC platform can I find that Delwin?

$1:
they want for Canada to be successful as a whole and for people to have a chance to prosper regardless of their socioenconomic backgrounds.

Yeah, unlike those evil Conservatives who want to hold people back and encourage them to suffer because of their socioeconomic backgrounds. I think that's on page 4 of the platform.

maple_leaf1 @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Delwin Delwin:
ridenrain ridenrain:
Transcripts

On an aside.. If Quebec is not divisable, what about the First Nations who live there? I don't think they want to move or give up the Federal money train.
That's true, I read this as somewhat of a contradiction, anyone else?
"I don't think there's such a thing as a first nation or a first country. It's very dangerous to think like that." ~Duceppe
...moments later...

"The Acadians are a nation. I do agree. The First Nations are a nation. I also agree. Rene Levesque was the first one to recognize the existence of the First Nations."~Duceppe
Qubec can seperate because Canada being their first nation is irrelevant, Natives cannot seperate, because they are part of Qubec?

Delwin @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Motorcycleboy Motorcycleboy:
$1:
Delwin That doesn't change the fact that 3/4 of the parties are socially left of centre. This should tell you something, Canadians do not want to kick around the poor for profit,

I've been following this election pretty closely, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find a Tory policy that deals with the issue of "kicking around the poor for profit." Where in the CPC platform can I find that Delwin?

$1:
they want for Canada to be successful as a whole and for people to have a chance to prosper regardless of their socioenconomic backgrounds.

Yeah, unlike those evil Conservatives who want to hold people back and encourage them to suffer because of their socioeconomic backgrounds. I think that's on page 4 of the platform.
What part of he is raising the tax on the lowest earning tax payers is unclear?

ridenrain @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:39 pm

$1:

$1:

It's right after the section describing their "War on clean air" and the War on clean water" but infront of the "bayonet the baby seals" platform. :roll:

Tricks @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:48 pm

Delwin Delwin:
$1:

$1:

What part of he is raising the tax on the lowest earning tax payers is unclear?
* Taxes would be drastically lower under the Conservatives than under the Liberals.
* Our tax plan will include cuts to the GST, and large cuts to personal income taxes and business taxes.
* Under our plan, all Canadians will pay lower taxes.
* Only the Conservative plan will cut taxes for the lowest-income Canadians – the 32% of Canadians whose income is too low to pay any income tax.

Source: http://www.conservative.ca/EN/2459/3821 ... 4058809097

What about that is unclear?

Motorcycleboy @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:51 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
It's right after the section describing their "War on clean air" and the War on clean water" but infront of the "bayonet the baby seals" platform. :roll:

Thanks, I found it now. It was in part 7 of the platform, between that and;

"Use American made handguns to shoot Canadian children so Harper won't have to Pay for their Daycare" [/i] and;

[i]"Raise Taxes on the Poor and Send their Kids to Fight in Iraq".

ridenrain @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:53 pm

oops, tricks faster on the draw.

Boy, at this rate, when Harper and Satan win, I'll get my hair back in no time :D

Motorcycleboy @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Hey Delwin, I just found a copy of the Liberal Red book from 1993. It says right here a Liberal Government will abolish the GST and cancel Free Trade with the States.

Funnily enough, it doesn't say anything about;

"Ignoring the separatist threat until we almost lose the country in a referendum, then Giving taxpayers money to a bunch of our buddies in the Quebec advertising industry to keep Quebec from having another one after 1995."

Where can I find that policy Delwin?

Delwin @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm not argueing that overall, Ottawa will be getting less mone from tax payers, I said"What part of he is raising the tax on the lowest earning tax payers is unclear?
Harper will remove the 15% first bracket tax rate on the current budget and put back the old 16%, He will also cancel the raising of the BPA by $400 as promissed to Canadians at the time of the budget. We know this because he said he will. Watch the debate again, when Harper is asked the mediator f***s up the question and asks if he will cancel the tax reduction on the lowest earning Canadians, He tries to slip in tax paying Canadians but Harper has already gone into sneaky deflection mode. He distastefully replies that the lowest earners don't pay taxes, no kidding, I guess you can't raise their taxes now can you stephen?Snake.

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Delwin Delwin:
I'm not argueing that overall, Ottawa will be getting less mone from tax payers, I said"What part of he is raising the tax on the lowest earning tax payers is unclear?
Harper will remove the 15% first bracket tax rate on the current budget and put back the old 16%, He will also cancel the raising of the BPA by $400 as promissed to Canadians at the time of the budget. We know this because he said he will. Watch the debate again, when Harper is asked the mediator f***s up the question and asks if he will cancel the tax reduction on the lowest earning Canadians, He tries to slip in tax paying Canadians but Harper has already gone into sneaky deflection mode. He distastefully replies that the lowest earners don't pay taxes, no kidding, I guess you can't raise their taxes now can you stephen?Snake.

Delwin, just a small question.....when were the buget changes you refer to made?

Motorcycleboy @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Delwin Delwin:

Almost as snakey as letting Mulroney take all the heat for implementing the GST, promising to remove it, then keeping it and using it to load up your government coffers while cutting transfers to Ontario and letting Mike Harris take the blame for the resultant cut-backs?

Or wrapping yourself in the flag and promising to cancel NAFTA, then quietly keeping it as is, then reaping all the economic rewards that came with it?

Would that constitute "snakey" in your Liberal dictionary Delwin?

Tricks @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:32 pm

In his own god damn platform he said he is not raising taxes, so he fucked up in the debate. So did layton, SO DID MARTIN!!!! Hell i think he should cut gst, then raise income tax a percent or two. Why? Low income families won't be affected all that much, the gst cut will help. Then the really high income people, will lose more money, thus more money for our surplus and shit like that. Someone punch me if it makes no sense ;)

Delwin @ Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:37 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Delwin Delwin:

Delwin, just a small question.....when were the buget changes you refer to made?
In November why?(relevance?)

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  Next