Canada Kicks Ass
NOTICE FOR ALL FORUM MEMBERS

1  2  3  4  5 ... 19  Next

Canadaka @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:03 pm

The forums have become a very unfriendly and antagonistic place. It's rare that political issues and ideas are discussed or debated without name calling, personal attacks, slanderous statements or in good faith. In other words, the forums are now not a fun place to talk and share ideas without being called a pedophile or told to "Go Fuck Yourself". This is all going to stop now!

From this time forward and until the forums get back to a reasonable place for all members to enjoy, there will be NO warnings issued for such behaviour, this is the only warning that will be given. This type of behaviour will simply result in a short term ban or up to a permanent banning depending on the members history of behaviour and the severity of said behaviour. The length of membership will have NO bearing on any decision that results in either temporary or permanent banning.

Our forums will be a place that all can enjoy, share thoughts and ideas, an discuss all issues in a reasonable manner without having to put up with nothing but personal attacks every time they post something.

==============================================================

It seems every year or so things start to get out of hand and the hammer has to come down like this. I really hate to ban anyone especial members who have been here for some time. But the interest of the forum takes first seat and I know from comments sent to me and mods that a lot of the behaviour of late turns more people away from posting than the posting actively that would be lost from banning some long time members. So let that be a warning to those that like to walk the line.

I am working on a public Moderator log which will display mod actions such as warnings, bans and such. In an effort to make the moderating a little more transparent.

roger-roger @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Yikes, I saw something like this comming though. :(

newfette @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:07 pm

R=UP

SigPig @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Wow, I come back from a week and the whole place has fallen apart :wink:

Good one you guys though for putting the quality of the forums and the site above all else.

Streaker @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:15 pm

lily lily:
$1:
I am working on a public Moderator log which will display mod actions such as warnings, bans and such. In an effort to make the moderating a little more transparent.

Bravo.

Hear! Hear!

And as long as this edict is fairly enforced, with no obvious biases, a stricter policy regarding member behaviour will be entirely acceptable.

bootlegga @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
The forums have become a very unfriendly and antagonistic place. It's rare that political issues and ideas are discussed or debated without name calling, personal attacks, slanderous statements or in good faith. In other words, the forums are now not a fun place to talk and share ideas without being called a pedophile or told to "Go Fuck Yourself". This is all going to stop now!

From this time forward and until the forums get back to a reasonable place for all members to enjoy, there will be NO warnings issued for such behaviour, this is the only warning that will be given. This type of behaviour will simply result in a short term ban or up to a permanent banning depending on the members history of behaviour and the severity of said behaviour. The length of membership will have NO bearing on any decision that results in either temporary or permanent banning.

Our forums will be a place that all can enjoy, share thoughts and ideas, an discuss all issues in a reasonable manner without having to put up with nothing but personal attacks every time they post something.

==============================================================

It seems every year or so things start to get out of hand and the hammer has to come down like this. I really hate to ban anyone especial members who have been here for some time. But the interest of the forum takes first seat and I know from comments sent to me and mods that a lot of the behaviour of late turns more people away from posting than the posting actively that would be lost from banning some long time members. So let that be a warning to those that like to walk the line.

R=UP

I love a spirited debate, but I have to agree it's far nastier of late than usual. Congrats for being willing to make the tough choices to keep this a place we all want to visit.

Bruce_the_vii @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:32 pm

I spent time on the Frank Magazine derivative forum where flaming regularly got out of hand. Eventually it wrecked the site, everybody just left.

ridenrain @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:33 pm

I don't think mod abuse is the problem here. I would like to see why a thread disappears or why a warning is handed out but I'd say their generally good.

Bacardi4206 @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Thumbs up on this. I have to admit that in the heat of some debates that I felt strongly about I have gotten a little heated myself but you can't have a proper debate if everybody is insulting each other and spending more time and space on swearing and insulting each other than proving each other wrong or right than it really isn't a debate and doesn't deserve to be there.

Brenda @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Way to go Trev! R=UP

maldonsfecht @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Cheers!

DrCaleb @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Was it something I said? :)

R=UP

mtbr @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 pm

The personal attacks have gotten out of hand. The criticism of people for their grammar, spelling or content has been apparent for a long time . Even some of our most decorated members are guilty of that. Maybe this will turn the page.

Good idea Trevor.

Yogi @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:01 pm

R=UP R=UP R=UP

I'm as guilty of such behaviour as anyone else here. Sometimes we need a snuggy!

Canadaka @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 pm

I can't take credit for most of this, it was the CKA mods themselfs that have been pushing for this. But I am glad to see positive feedback, now lets see if it helps to make things a bit more civil.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 19  Next