Canada Kicks Ass
pissing on the parade!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5

RoyalHighlander @ Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:07 pm

I have tio agree with Iron Mike..t you nailed it right on the head... Ive been around too, so thats why I am such a fervant Canadian... the grass is NOT greener on th other side, and I like mowing mine just fine.. well put Kurt..

BadAssBookie @ Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:16 pm

I can resist no longer....

If you want to leave Canada GO. Don't talk, don't walk. Just do it.

If you don't want to move here, good luck to you wherever you may be.

Let me echo some sentiments expressed earlier about the grass always being greener on the other side.

Refering to the Korean story. If you thought that was bad, or it only happens where you live listen to this.

About six months ago a robber broke into the 4x4 of a local business man. The biz guy came out and caught the robber red-headed, taped his wrists, locked him in the back of the 4x4 and called the police.

When the police arrived they let the robber go free - and charged the biz guy with kidnapping.

Two weeks later the 4x4, with biz guy inside, blew up. End of story.

ABSOLUT_SS @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:13 pm

....sickening Bookie, but SS WILL test the law if anyone EVER breaks into a home where me or mine are sleeping...& I don't know the number of "911"... and about the bitching - isn't this a forum? Let them (me) bitch, it beats anti-social behavior, provokes thought, & improves social interactions. Hell, I even changed my views on a couple of things, thanks for having me, ...

RoyalHighlander @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:26 pm

BadAssBookie BadAssBookie:
Let me echo some sentiments expressed earlier about the grass always being greener on the other side.

I think the concensus was that the grass WAS NOT greener on the other side...

BadAssBookie @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:31 pm

This is the sentiment I was echoing.

You must be professional ball buster.

ABSOLUT_SS @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:43 pm

...and about the health-care coverage! Christ Buford, I paid $248.00 a month U.S. for blue-cross gold status health care coverage back in '97 before I opted for the coverage my union provided. That was for a family of four. Now many families cannot afford $248.00 a month, (its probably $348.00 by now), but what do you get for it? ...yells HEALTH CARE! In Canada, we love to scream how we have universal health-care for every f*cking man, woman, child, & goddamn hampster, but try to get some! Ya, if you're holding you're body parts after the crash & you walk into emergency, they'll patch you up, with no (read taxes) bill, but if you need serious long-term treatment, or an operation, or tests to find out if you're prostate really is coming out you're ass, get in line! And the line is long, my friend, buy cemetary coverage, because by the time you're chemotherapy treatments are available, you be pushing daisies!

ABSOLUT_SS @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:48 pm

ps,...just a little bitter, I watched it happen in my own family. Peace...

kwoollis @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:57 pm

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
BadAssBookie BadAssBookie:

I think the concensus was that the grass WAS NOT greener on the other side...

I'm not much into veggies anyway. Steak, Potatoes, Beer and a good Single Malt from time to time.... now there's the rub.

Seriously, though, I was thinking about the issue and about the couple of posters who were so ranting about wanting to leave Canada. I was wondering just how these folks ended up on a pro-Canada site if they dislike Canada so much. I can see how I ended up here, but I don't go seeking out pro-usa sites to cause trouble.

BTW, I don't hate the USA. I dislike many of the things going on right now, and because of many social issues, I think I would like it better in Canada, but I don't hate my country. Perhaps that is the difference between my sporadic rantings and the others who have been posting.

Take care!

Ken

ABSOLUT_SS @ Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:12 pm

I just work here, but it NEVER leaves you. I could be away for forty years, and still say Canada is home. Hard to explain, but every once-in-a-while, I get butterflies about this Country. I just wish my fellow Canadians weren't so goddamn stupid & naive when it comes to the BUSINESS of running a country. Canada WAS a great country, lets take it back!

Richard @ Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:23 pm

I remember seeing a painting once that resembled alot of this conversation. It was depicting the back yards of many residential areas in both contries. The artist is looking through the yards in succession and in each yard you see the occupant looking over the fence into the next yard.

PS. The only thing that seems to be missing is the creep stealing your tools or toys....lol

Previous  1  2  3  4  5