Canada Kicks Ass
Should Canada join the United States?

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  Next

Strutz @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:24 pm

In response to the original question: NO. Not necessary, hopefully never necessary in my lifetime.

A merger? No, in reality it would be the US taking over Canada; their currency, their rules (No disrespect intended to Americans in general, just your government, regardless of who's "in charge").

Sapio @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:41 pm

No, because it would mean a larger federal government, or another level of government. All we need is more federal government.

garabru @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:25 am

Definitely no in the foreseeable future . "If it ain't broke , don't fix it" , and Canada just "ain't broke". In spite of many imperfections and family squabbles, Canada does work pretty well as a country.

The value systems are very different : the US has somewhere around 2.5 million people in prison , the EU around 500,000 and Canada about 40,000 . The US is a great country , but it is largely based on violence and greed . In contrast , Canada is pretty much the Scandinavia of North America.

travior @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 am

garabru garabru:
the US has somewhere around 2.5 million people in prison , the EU around 500,000 and Canada about 40,000.

Perhapse that is because the Canadian judicial system is more inept than even the US system? Seems as though I hear a lot of complaining about the Canadian system giving too many slaps on the wrists for crimes that deserve punishment.

Don't worry, though! I'm by no means advocating Canada and the US merging! I'm trying to move up there! I don't want to still be in the same country when I get there! :)

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 am

This might explain why I've seen so many lost Americans on the 401... :lol:

djakeydd @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 am

mtbr @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:40 am

djakeydd djakeydd:

must be a shortage of foil at your neighborhood grocer.

GreenTiger @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:49 pm

How about the United States joining Canada?

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:52 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
How about the United States joining Canada?

Sorry, but we really don't want the Red States. :P

damngrumpy @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Good God all we need is join the United States. Entertainment Tonight qualifies for prime time news with those people. I would never want to be an American and I
sure as hell wouldn't want to incorperate millions of people here to change our way
of live. Oh we seem to be doing that on our own aren't we?
Some people believe the Americans can buy us out, what a joke, those folks can't
afford to buy anything anymore and they squandered what little credit they have
left. There is an old saying for times like these, America can't afford the first
enstallment on a free lunch counter. The American Empire is sinkng into the sunset
and I have no desire to join them now or in the future

Sapio @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 pm

garabru garabru:
: the US has somewhere around 2.5 million people in prison , the EU around 500,000 and Canada about 40,000 .

Could that be because they have a lot more people that we do?

CommanderSock @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:53 pm

$1:
Could that be because they have a lot more people that we do?

As a % of the total population the US tops the world with most prisoners. In other words, rate, still highest.

GreenTiger @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:42 pm

NO NO NO,
You have it backwards have Canada Annex the USA.

fifeboy @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
NO NO NO,
You have it backwards have Canada Annex the USA.
Nah, what we need is one of these:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tman1 @ Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Even better

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  Next