Canada Kicks Ass
U.S. Border Patrol questions Canadians in Canadian waters

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Tricks @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The area is under dispute, isn't it? Maybe the US is making it's move.

What if we were? Aside from that awesome navy you folks always plan on building what're you going to use to stop us?

Maybe it would've been handy for your lobstermen if the Border Patrol had been met with a decently provisioned gunboat asking them WTF they were doing in Canadian waters? :idea:

But you'd have to build the gunboat first and that means budgeting more money for defence and you folks don't want to do that so that means you folks are stuck making dickless diplomatic protests while we patrol your waters with impunity.

So you expect people to respect your sovereign borders but you won't respect others.

America the hypocrite.

Thanos @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Dry run for a Gleiwitz incident.

Yes, Thanos, you've discovered our nefarious plot to justify an invasion of Canada because we're making it look like your lobstermen are a threat to national security.

:roll:

On a related note, you might want to stock up on this:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/alcan ... 0331p.html

New report on the insanity inside the White House is that last year Trump had to be sat down and explained to by the adults in the room that, no, the US just can't up and invade Venezuela just because he thought it would play well with his "fans". See, I trust the average decent American, such as yourself. Your government regime though, or agencies like the Border Patrol or ICE that can be specifically used to trigger an incident that sets the dominos to fall as arranged? Should anyone trust them? Absolutely not.

Like I said before if it goes down to satisfy Trump's pique, Canada gets to play Czechoslovakia 1938 role while Mexico is in line to receive the full Poland 1939 treatment. We have no military capable of deterring it, and yes that is entirely our fault for being too complacent and lazy while lounging for the last sixty years in the American shadow, and there is no one outside that would or could help us. We will have to get used to this discomfort until Trump is no longer in the White House and the US is no longer governed ruled by someone with such shallow whims.

We will never trust that thing who is miming as your president. That is something that you must accept and get used to.

Tricks @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:28 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Yes, Thanos, you've discovered our nefarious plot to justify an invasion of Canada because we're making it look like your lobstermen are a threat to national

You already said Canada is a national security threat as a reason to start a trade war.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 am

Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The area is under dispute, isn't it? Maybe the US is making it's move.

What if we were? Aside from that awesome navy you folks always plan on building what're you going to use to stop us?

Maybe it would've been handy for your lobstermen if the Border Patrol had been met with a decently provisioned gunboat asking them WTF they were doing in Canadian waters? :idea:

But you'd have to build the gunboat first and that means budgeting more money for defence and you folks don't want to do that so that means you folks are stuck making dickless diplomatic protests while we patrol your waters with impunity.

So you expect people to respect your sovereign borders but you won't respect others.

America the hypocrite.

You're missing my point, Princess.

Also, if you haven't got the memo yet then note that I do not play any version of the "So you're saying" game.

That means if you make shit up and try to act as if I said it then I will call you out on it, as I am doing right now.

Tricks @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:47 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

You're missing my point, Princess.

Also, if you haven't got the memo yet then note that I do not play any version of the "So you're saying" game.

That means if you make shit up and try to act as if I said it then I will call you out on it, as I am doing right now.
I don't see any condemnation.

llama66 @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:51 am

I hope to christ we never get invaded by the States. I don't need that shit in my life.

Thanos @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 am

Get a hundred or so fishing boats and recreational yachts to all calibrate their GPS's together, line up along the border in the water, drop anchors, and just fucking dare the Border Patrol to come out to do something about it. And have the press come along too. Lots and lots of press. And give every boat the largest possible Canadian flags to have on full display. And have everyone on deck smoking pot right in full view of the jack-booted thugs too. :twisted:

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 am

llama66 llama66:
I hope to christ we never get invaded by the States. I don't need that shit in my life.

You're more likely to be invaded by Mexico first. Sadly, your government will probably invite them in.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:21 am

Thanos Thanos:
Like I said before if it goes down to satisfy Trump's pique, Canada gets to play Czechoslovakia 1938 role while Mexico is in line to receive the full Poland 1939 treatment. We have no military capable of deterring it, and yes that is entirely our fault for being too complacent and lazy while lounging for the last sixty years in the American shadow, and there is no one outside that would or could help us. We will have to get used to this discomfort until Trump is no longer in the White House and the US is no longer governed ruled by someone with such shallow whims.

Given the disparities between Canada and the US, we'd never be able to build up a large enough military to deter an American attack, so what's the point in going bankrupt trying to do that? Even building nukes probably wouldn't deter a future US dictator from invading if he so chose to.

Our best bet would be to use scorched earth (as Defence Scheme No. 1 planned) and guerrilla warfare after occupation to do so much economic damage to the US and their interests that they eventually get pissed off and leave.

Thanos Thanos:
We will never trust that thing who is miming as your president. That is something that you must accept and get used to.

If anyone doubted that Putin/Russia has something on him after the election, his policy of alienating NATO and Western allies, while at the same time pressing for Russia to be admitted back into the G8 should be proof positive that something is going on behind the scenes.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am

Thanos Thanos:
Get a hundred or so fishing boats and recreational yachts to all calibrate their GPS's together, line up along the border in the water, drop anchors, and just fucking dare the Border Patrol to come out to do something about it. And have the press come along too. Lots and lots of press. And give every boat the largest possible Canadian flags to have on full display. And have everyone on deck smoking pot right in full view of the jack-booted thugs too. :twisted:

:lol:

DrCaleb @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:

:lol:

That would be an awesome protest.

Thanos @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:35 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Given the disparities between Canada and the US, we'd never be able to build up a large enough military to deter an American attack, so what's the point in going bankrupt trying to do that? Even building nukes probably wouldn't deter a future US dictator from invading if he so chose to.

Our best bet would be to use scorched earth (as Defence Scheme No. 1 planned) and guerrilla warfare after occupation to do so much economic damage to the US and their interests that they eventually get pissed off and leave.

Canada might be unconquerable, in the seizing-all-territory sense of it for an invader, but it's also essentially indefensible. Seize the railway nexuses, the ports, the airports, the military bases, and the government facilities and the conquest would be complete. I'd expect that the US wouldn't even bother with a full seizure. Just grab the West for the resources and annex them, seized the St. Lawrence to starve out Ontario, ignore Quebec altogether and let them have their independence anyway, turn the Arctic Ocean into an American lake, and blockade Vancouver. That would pretty much complete the entire job without massive casualties on either side. There's no need to go blundering around in the forests or tundra in un-necessary brush fights.

$1:
If anyone doubted that Putin/Russia has something on him after the election, his policy of alienating NATO and Western allies, while at the same time pressing for Russia to be admitted back into the G8 should be proof positive that something is going on behind the scenes.

He's also having that private meeting with Putin soon, where even his own advisors won't be in the room - look to Ukraine and the Baltics, and maybe even Poland too, being fully abandoned to Putin's clutches. At the NATO meeting don't be surprised at all if he, under the "excuse" of the Euros not meeting their defense spending obligations and because of German/British/French immigration policies, says that the US will withdraw from NATO altogether before 2020 if they don't take direct orders from America on all things.

And there's why there'll be no one to come to Canada's rescue, if/when, things go down 1938/39-style. Abandoned by the US and with Russia lining up on their own borders again the Europeans will have enough problems of their own that will prevent them from giving a damn about us.

peck420 @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 am

Canada and the US won't be going to war anytime soon.

Relax.

There is a legitimate reason for this, and it has nothing to do with military.

Thanos @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:29 pm

No, but it has everything to do with this zero-tolerance nonsense extremist right-wing Americans are infatuated with. And it's just a doubling-down in the idiocy they've believed in for almost seventeen years that the 9/11 murderers came from a safe haven in Canada. We're just their scapegoat in all of this.

fifeboy @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 pm

I think that an American civil war is more likely than an American invasion of Canada! Those guys hate each other much more than they hate us.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next