1  2  3  4  Next

Newsbot @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Title: Aerial drone set to patrol Manitoba-North Dakota border
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2008-12-08 18:38:35
Canadian

SigPig @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, I can't say I like this much. So much for the longest undefended border in the world.

PJB @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:10 pm

The American paranoia comes to light again. I wonder something tho. If this drone goes down over Canada is that considered a hostile gesture?

QBC @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 pm

OMG!!!!!

Well, considering just how many times those evil Manitoban's have invaded North Dakota, stands to reason.....

SprCForr @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Stamp out a message in the snow on our side.

Give them bored operators something to look at.

commanderkai @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:36 am

I don't really see the big deal in this. It'll stop smuggling (it's not about terrorism, it's about drug smuggling, which Canada does plenty of). I'd be worried if the Predator drone had a few Hellfires on there, but it really just is a flying camera right now.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:59 am

laser pointers anyone?

QBall @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:01 pm

If the Yanks want to pay for this exercise in futility I say fill your boots. However if that thing crashed on our side I say send them a bill for the cleanup.

BartSimpson @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Did it ever occur to the USA-bashers that the drone works both ways? Anyone smuggling things into Canada will also be caught by this system and I'm sure the RCMP will be tipped off to it.

ridenrain @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm

You're right Bart, but gun smugglers comming into Canada just drive through. They don't need to go overland.

As for this.. who cares? I think it would be better to use tethered balloons but we're not paying for it so what do I care.

Wada @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:55 pm

The drone has been in use along the southern border with Mexico since 2005.

......and we know how effective it was there. XD

OhGarfield @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:17 pm

"It is vital to America's security that we protect our borders, particularly the northern border," Conrad said. "The Grand Forks Air Branch plays an essential role in helping shut the door on terrorists who want to sneak across remote border points to strike on U.S. soil."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... 0173.story

ziggy @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:18 pm

It's looking for your deleted topics.

SigPig @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:22 pm

OhGarfield OhGarfield:
"It is vital to America's security that we protect our borders, particularly the northern border," Conrad said. "The Grand Forks Air Branch plays an essential role in helping shut the door on terrorists who want to sneak across remote border points to strike on U.S. soil."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... 0173.story

Usually when people quote articles then link them, they actually link to the article with the quote in it. :roll:

Fail.

OhGarfield @ Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:23 pm

ziggy ziggy:
It's looking for your deleted topics.

good, i hope it could help me find them.. :roll:

1  2  3  4  Next