Canada Kicks Ass
CKA News "Top Stories"

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Scape @ Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Ah well, gets the job done.

Trev, kick ass job once again!

Canadaka @ Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:03 pm

thanks for the comments!

You can now sumbit 'news images' to existing 'news links', there is an "add image" link when you press the "comment" button to reveal the links comment box.

If you find anyone adding non-relevant or bad pictures, feel free to use the "report link" feature in the same spot. Everything is logged, so if someone starts abusing it, I know who it is.

Canadaka @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:43 am

I added the ability to add an image from a URL rather than uploading from your desktop. So you can choose either option. I think most the time people will use the URL method. Its fast to just right click on an image from the news source page, then copy and paste its url.

News mods also have this ability, along with the option to delete images.

Also clicking the placeholder image "add image" will popup a window to add an image quickly.

Canadaka @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:15 am

for fun I made a simple page that will show all the news images, clicking the image will view the 'news link'.

http://www.canadaka.net/news/image_collage

kitty @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:31 am

i love waking up to all these great changes... it feels like Christmas
;)

Wullu @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:55 am

Great idea Trev, but now it is the only thing that loads for me now. The rest of the front page be gone.

kitty @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:09 am

Wullu Wullu:
Great idea Trev, but now it is the only thing that loads for me now. The rest of the front page be gone.

HEY.... it was working before you can along. Did you break it?

Wullu @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:15 am

kitty kitty:
Wullu Wullu:

HEY.... it was working before you can along. Did you break it?

:cry:

danikyvor @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:20 am

I was wondering what happened to the front page! It just shows the news, but nothing else!

Canadaka @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:22 pm

crap sorry about that. The page loaded fine for people not logged in and for admins, I didn't know there was a problem.

It's fixed now.

xerxes @ Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:38 pm

[cheer]

kitty @ Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:47 am

i love the new and improved news page.

i do want to mention however that if you try to submit a news story from the News page instead of the Home page, you can not upload a picture.

.... and while you are at it do you think that maybe you could add a "lifestyle" heading for the news stories. i enjoy reading the news stories and i also enjoy adding ones that are interesting to me. The problem is there is no heading for fashion or design etc. i know this is a male dominated site and they possibly don't care but i do. Currently i post these stores in MISC ... but i hate that.

PLEASE and THANK YOU :D

kitty @ Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:45 am

Also... when you try to view the preview on the top stories of the Home page you can not read them because the pop up is obsured by the links to the different groups.

Did that make sense because its difficult to explain. :?

Scape @ Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:50 am

That's the drag down pop up menu. When your posting news it always gets in the way.

Canadaka @ Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:20 pm

I updated the "Submit News" form on all the other news pages to include the image & description fields.

The topic specific pages also now have images on them, example:
http://www.canadaka.net/news/topic/2-sports

the news preview on the top stories is driving me nuts, I can't get it to go above those images on the right.

Previous  1  2  3  Next