Canada Kicks Ass
Suggestions for Improvements to CKA

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 15  Next

Canadaka @ Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:38 pm

yah i've already been thinking about digging up the old code for it. I might try and add some stuff. I will have it up within a week of an official election call.

Robair @ Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:22 pm

PDT_Armataz_01_34

emart @ Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm

i dunno if it's something i am doing, but i still can not set my favourite hockey team. is it because it is the canadiens?

Canadaka @ Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Its still on my list to fix many of the profile options. I've just been busy been summer and all.

FYI I fixed the homepage not loading in the new Internet Explorer 8 beta, the site works fine now with IE8. Also did some testing with the new Google browser, no major problems.

Bacardi4206 @ Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
What about a GFx Section, have a little CKA GFx community. Setup a forums section for it, have a section in it called "Requests/Pickups", another one called "Showoff", maybe a General Chat? for tutorials and GFx related discussions?

Either have anybody take a request, or make a GFx Designer group and start recruiting. Either way, would be a nice addition and definetly valuable. Expecially regarding member happiness.

Maybe even host some Signature of the Week (SOTW) contests, along with maybe some other GFx Contests like CKA Wallpapers, etc.

They don't have to require prizes, somebody whos a good designer can make a mini-sig for CKA SOTW Winners with maybe the CKA Mascot on it, with the text "SOTW Winner". If the designer is willing for it, even add dates on them. "SOTW Winner" "Sept 1, 2008"

there is already an "Art & Graphics" forum which is meant for this type of thing.
art-graphics-f53/

No Request/Pickup sections though, or any other GFx related goodies organization. No CKA GFx Designers taking in requests, or GFx Contest coordinators other then yourself but you don't really do it that often. Would be nice to have some help with that I am sure?

Hyack @ Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:19 pm

The Canucks play their first preseason game tomorrow.....How about getting the NHL scoreboard up and running again...

Canadaka @ Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Hyack Hyack:
The Canucks play their first preseason game tomorrow.....How about getting the NHL scoreboard up and running again...

Oh yah, I will get an NHL scores block going soon.

Dayseed @ Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:59 pm

How about adding a picture of Wolverine to the rotating Canadiana pictures at the top of the forums page? I know there would most likely be copyright issues, but maybe you could do it as free promotion for the upcoming Wolverine movie? He is, afterall, Canada's greatest superhero.

Blue_Nose @ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 am

One thing that I'd modify is the way links to news stories are handled - it's always opened the news link with a sidebar that shows the news comments on the left, which is fine when you're opening the link from the main news page.

When you're clicking on it from the forum, though, you're already viewing the comments on that page, so it'd be nice if the Newsbot forum links opened in a new window without the sidebar.

Hyack @ Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:57 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
Hyack Hyack:

Oh yah, I will get an NHL scores block going soon.

BUMP

Canuck's season opener is tomorrow @ 7:30 PM.

Hyack @ Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 pm

R=UP Thanks Trev..... [hockey] 8)

Chumley @ Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:04 pm

With election time around again, there is a lot of name calling and mud slinging going on from all sides. I feel that in order to address this issue a proper form is needed:

XD

bossdog @ Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 am

Any support for a winter sports section? (Skiing, snowboarding, etc).

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 am

Hey Trev would it be possible to set up a Photography forum, somewhere around the arts section? A few of the members and me got into a discussion about it and we think it would be an excellent place to swap info and pictures.

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 am

hmm does that need a new forum? Can you not just post in the current Art & Graphics forum? If a number of people are interested in a seperate forum I can make one. But there is a million forums I could make for every topic.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 15  Next