Canada Kicks Ass
Suggestions for Improvements to CKA

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  Next

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 1:04 am

I seems a number of people have the problem... not sure why some do and some dont.. I have tested a bunch of times with all my accounts and it works, so i can't troubleshoot it. Maybe someone with the issue can PM me your password so I can login to your account to try and fix the problem.

lily lily:
I'd like to see a good search function.

This is hard, the phpbb default search sucks on a good day, and when a forum gets large the search tables get so huge and slow down the entire forum. Thats why I scrapped the phpbb internal search last summer and just used the Google search script I wrote, since this site gets scanned by google daily, its fairly up to date. I don't really have plans to re introduce the phpbb search, its just too poorely done.

But I could improve the current google powered search, try and figure out a way to limit the search. So if you only wanted results from the forums and not the entire CKA site. And try to weed out all non direct topic links from the search. I notice sometimes the top results for a search is a link to a weird reply page to a topic, or the print view. I might take a look at this tonight.

Blue_Nose @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 am

A forum-only search, with the ability to select posters, keywords, forums, etc, would be great. I used to use the old search regularly, but I don't find the google search is as effective.

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 1:59 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Canadaka Canadaka:
heh, well thanks for the effort, but since i already have the original flag mod, I can't install it twice. But I can write some custom code to change the existing hockey team selection to a structured list and match logos to the names.

I will try to get to it soon.

A more pressing concern is why you or NetAbuser can't update your profile photo or avatar.
NetAbuser is having the same issue?

:(

I can't not only edit my images, i can't edit ANYTHING in my profile, other then my signature.

It's really odd. :(

At first when the new look for profile came out, It worked fine. now suddenly it doesn't seem to like me, :lol:

EDIT: Streaker too eh?

:lol:

This sucks.

Ok the profile problem is fixed, there was a hidden field for "language" that was a required field,a nd some people had never selected an option when it was visible with the old profile system. But that is fixed so people having Avatar and profile pic issues should not anymore.

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
Ok the profile problem is fixed, there was a hidden field for "language" that was a required field,a nd some people had never selected an option when it was visible with the old profile system. But that is fixed so people having Avatar and profile pic issues should not anymore.
Thank you, very much, thank you. :P

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm

IceOwl IceOwl:
Make it crash less :(
He's been working on that since CKA began, ;)

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:42 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
IceOwl IceOwl:
Make it crash less :(
He's been working on that since CKA began, ;)

I should have the new second server up and running this weekend, which should help in overal speed and stability.

Blue_Nose @ Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:42 am

I noticed that, since the new "card" system has taken off (and working well), the RCMP section is obsolete - any chance it could be modified to include a listing of all yellow- and red-carded members, in addition to the suspensions, banishments, etc?

On a related note, it'd be useful to still be able to view the profiles of suspended/banned members, for the purposes of finding old posts, etc. Perhaps the profile could still be visible, but with an obvious note regarding the member's status.

TheFoundersIntent @ Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:47 am

How about allowing a longer signature?

hurley_108 @ Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 am

Donno how useful this suggestion would be to others, but I think it would be useful to be able to bookmark single posts, to be able to quickly find them again later.

Canadaka @ Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:28 pm

what you don't like the super pyramids? I've never seen that feature, but if you say you have, there might be an existing phpbb mod for it.

Canadaka @ Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I should have the new second server up and running this weekend, which should help in overal speed and stability.

testing 123

I found one solution, its not perfect though, leave an extra line, and it will only work for any new posts. Not sure if there is a way to fix existing posts.

But is this a feature others would like?

Blue_Nose @ Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:

testing 123

I found one solution, its not perfect though, leave an extra line, and it will only work for any new posts. Not sure if there is a way to fix existing posts.

But is this a feature others would like?

As long as it doesn't screw up posts with a series of quotes.
lily lily:
Works great!

Thank you. R=UP

I'm testing that right now with this post...

Blue_Nose @ Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
I'm testing that right now with this post...
Yeah, that sucks.

When I, and a lot of members, respond to posts in a point-by-point fashion, this new feature will botch it all up. The first portion of my post above is missing.

I don't think it's a worthwhile feature.

Canadaka @ Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:22 pm

thats what i kinda though.... thats why I asked if this is a feature others want. I like to go with the majority ;)

I could make it an option per user, but that would require a bunch of work. I will wait until more people weigh in.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  Next