Canada Kicks Ass
Suggestions for Improvements to CKA

1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  Next

canucker @ Sat May 12, 2007 5:48 pm

I couldn't find a thread for this, so I decided to make one (maybe Trev could make it a sticky so it's easy to find).

Since the new format for the "recent topics" has been shortened horizontally, and you can't see who the topic starter is anymore, I was wondering if you could include that topic information while hovering over the topic title?

Canadaka @ Sat May 12, 2007 8:59 pm

I'm sure there is other suggestion threads, but they are burried. I will sticky it up.

As for the 'topic starter' in the recent topics, it was removed not to move space, but because removing it from the database query drasticaly improved the speed of it.

But I left the "topic starter" or "author" on the dedicated recent topics page: http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... nce_scroll
this is why that page take longet to load.

Mr_Canada old @ Sat May 12, 2007 9:24 pm

How about the NHL Fan thing I talked about...?

Mr_Canada, January 7th, 2007 Mr_Canada, January 7th, 2007:
Would it be possible to have your favourite NHL hockey team as an icon just like Political Groups, except not nessisarly a group.

Visual of what I mean:

How to select your NHL Team, separate from Fav Hockey Team becuace Fav. NHL Team is more specific.

What you get:

Thanks for reading this enquiry.

:D

I still have those NHL icons... :lol:

SprCForr @ Sat May 12, 2007 9:41 pm

This smilie available only to "Gold" members.

:lol:

canucker @ Sun May 13, 2007 1:29 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
I'm sure there is other suggestion threads, but they are burried. I will sticky it up.

As for the 'topic starter' in the recent topics, it was removed not to move space, but because removing it from the database query drasticaly improved the speed of it.

But I left the "topic starter" or "author" on the dedicated recent topics page: http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... nce_scroll

Ok. Then why not change the "Next 10 >>" to "Next 30>>" since it's not really 10. Just a little peeve of mine. :wink: 8)

Canadaka @ Sun May 13, 2007 5:16 pm

canucker canucker:
Canadaka Canadaka:

Ok. Then why not change the "Next 10 >>" to "Next 30>>" since it's not really 10. Just a little peeve of mine. :wink: 8)

lol, ok picky picky ;) I will do it when I get home after the weekend ;)
Never even occured to me.

canucker @ Sun May 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Okay, I'm starting not to like the "current hot topics" area anymore since it seems to be all newsbot topics and not actual "hot" topics. Should the criteria change?

Canadaka @ Mon May 14, 2007 12:56 am

its based on a forumula of views and replies. I could make the number of replies carry more weight.

Blue_Nose @ Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 am

The viewed topics feature is completely messed up... topics that have been viewed don't switch from yellow to red anymore, and switching between the "recent topics scroll" and the main forum page, viewed topics show up as unviewed and vice versa.

I personally don't think any increase in load times is worth having the two seperate recent topic lists if neither is going to work properly.

Saskanna @ Mon May 14, 2007 5:39 am

WEll, just so Canadaka(Trev) doesn't think everyone is a critic, this is still the greatest site around. Canadaka and his team have done a really great job with these forums. For the record.

Mr_Canada old @ Mon May 14, 2007 5:46 am

Saskanna Saskanna:
WEll, just so Canadaka(Trev) doesn't think everyone is a critic, this is still the greatest site around. Canadaka and his team have done a really great job with these forums. For the record.
Of course, R=UP

I'm still here because this website has 110% more Canada then any other Canada website/forum.

Plus, the society here kicks ass, Trev does great with working on this site.

Mr_Canada old @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:51 am

Hey Trev, I was bored....

So I took a copy of the pHpBB MOD for Country Flags and edited it for the 30 NHL Teams:

http://www.canadaka.net/modules/My_Uplo ... MOD_V1.zip

So then it should just require installing, but it probably will require editing... I had to go through quite a few files and change shit, and could easily have made a typo... :P

Behold, the work Boredom. :P

Canadaka @ Tue May 15, 2007 10:08 pm

heh, well thanks for the effort, but since i already have the original flag mod, I can't install it twice. But I can write some custom code to change the existing hockey team selection to a structured list and match logos to the names.

I will try to get to it soon.

A more pressing concern is why you or NetAbuser can't update your profile photo or avatar.

Streaker @ Tue May 15, 2007 10:31 pm

I have the avatar issue as well but I thought it was just that I wasn't allowed to have 'em anymore on account of that breastfeeding debacle.

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
heh, well thanks for the effort, but since i already have the original flag mod, I can't install it twice. But I can write some custom code to change the existing hockey team selection to a structured list and match logos to the names.

I will try to get to it soon.

A more pressing concern is why you or NetAbuser can't update your profile photo or avatar.
NetAbuser is having the same issue?

:(

I can't not only edit my images, i can't edit ANYTHING in my profile, other then my signature.

It's really odd. :(

At first when the new look for profile came out, It worked fine. now suddenly it doesn't seem to like me, :lol:

EDIT: Streaker too eh?

:lol:

This sucks.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  Next