Canada Kicks Ass
Canada's treatment of Native Indians.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 13  Next

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:21 am

Ok paisano Check these out
http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_nati.htm

Even your beloved UN says its Canada's most pressing Human rights issue
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/41/332.html

80% uneployment? Ther goes the goverment looking out for its natives.
http://collections.ic.gc.ca/magic/mt2.html

I think many Canadians are uninformed about the treatment of Native Indians. We should help them as much as we can. I donated money to the New York Mohawk reservation when I visited in 2003 its located in northern New York on the Quebec border parts of the res. go into Canada also. Its the only Reservation that crosses International borders. Their web site>>>
http://www.peacetree.com/akwesasne/home.htm

hormel26c @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:32 am

Shall we discuss the American treatment of the indiginous population of North America? Or is killing indians ok?

You live in a glass house.

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:36 am

hormel26c hormel26c:
Shall we discuss the American treatment of the indiginous population of North America? Or is killing indians ok?

Why deflect the topic? If you want, start a thread on how the USA treats its natives. Dont hide from the truth by saying the USA treats natives worse. Does it make you feel better?

hwacker @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:40 am

hormel26c hormel26c:

Where did he say anything about killing indians. ?

Nice try, swaying the thread off topic right from the get go.

You must be a Liberal. ?

hormel26c @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:58 am

$1:
Why deflect the topic?

That's hardly a deflection. You opened Pandora's Box. Want to discuss the Sioux and why they came to Canada for protection?

Your opening of a thread and pointing strictly at Canada as having a problem without acknowledging the past and current treatment of the same peoples by the United States, which is as bad or worse, is ingenuous.

whoever whoever:
You must be a Liberal. ?

I can't tell if that's a statement or a question. Not that it matters, I would hardly respond to someone who, unable to see daylight, has a sphincter wrapped around his neck.

Don't forget to tape the O'Reilly Factor.

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:10 am

hormel26c hormel26c:
$1:
Why deflect the topic?

That's hardly a deflection. You opened Pandora's Box. Want to discuss the Sioux and why they came to Canada for protection?

Your opening of a thread and pointing strictly at Canada as having a problem without acknowledging the past and current treatment of the same peoples by the United States, which is as bad or worse, is ingenuous.

whoever whoever:
You must be a Liberal. ?

I can't tell if that's a statement or a question. Not that it matters, I would hardly respond to someone who, unable to see daylight, has a sphincter wrapped around his neck.

Stop spinning the facts. Like I said start your own thread on how America treats its natives. And I did open a pandoras box does it ruffle your feathers that Canada treats its natives bad?

hwacker @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:15 am

hormel26c hormel26c:
$1:

Don't worry my tivo does that for me everynight. i can send you a copy if you like. ?

Warning: it may change your bias.

hormel26c @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:17 am

Spinning the facts???

Where's the spin?

I don't need to start my own thread. You already did it. And, unless I am reading it wrong it was an attempt to cast aspersions at Canada's treatment of native indians. That's fine if you come from a position of superiority... but you don't.

Regina @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:22 am

$1:

Stop spinning the facts. Like I said start your own thread on how America treats its natives. And I did open a pandoras box does it ruffle your feathers that Canada treats its natives bad?

Spinning facts??? You should try using a source other than a web site. You may want to travel a bit and see what the real situation is before you start posting web sites. What do you know first hand about the subject?

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:24 am

Look at the links I posted. This thread is called CANADA'S TREATMENT OF ITS NATIVE PEOPLE. so talk about the topic or are you to ignorant to see this?

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:29 am

Regina Regina:
$1:

Spinning facts??? You should try using a source other than a web site. You may want to travel a bit and see what the real situation is before you start posting web sites. What do you know first hand about the subject?

Can I ask did I post a thread saying "America treat their natives better? "
I am Very upset on how the USA treats its natives. I made this thread to show how Canadian Natives are treated. so stop deflecting the facts.

Canadaka @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:34 am

its they way you start these topics that pisses people off NYCisHome, and you damn well know it!

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:38 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
its they way you start these topics that pisses people off NYCisHome, and you damn well know it!

Soory I am blunt. Does it take away from the facts?

-Mario- @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:41 am

Natives, for most of them, don't help themselves. I think it was in Winnipeg or Saskatoon, the had this brand new building to address problem for the natives-> "the peace center" , anyway the day after the inaugural, a journalist took a picture of two natives fighting on the front step of that same building. THat made the front page.
Natives don't to pay taxes... get money (income) from the Goverment; it used to be 18K a year about 15 years ago. I think that Natives don't treat natives very well and blame the Government for it.

Just my 2 cents...

ManifestDestiny @ Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:45 am

-Mario- -Mario-:
Natives, for most of them, don't help themselves. I think it was in Winnipeg or Saskatoon, the had this brand new building to address problem for the natives-> "the peace center" , anyway the day after the inaugural, a journalist took a picture of two natives fighting on the front step of that same building. THat made the front page.
Natives don't to pay taxes... get money (income) from the Goverment; it used to be 18K a year about 15 years ago. I think that Natives don't treat natives very well and blame the Government for it.

Just my 2 cents...

Mario you sound very conservative. So you are saying get up and help yourself ?

1  2  3  4  5 ... 13  Next