Canada Kicks Ass
WE Charity: Lawyers, Guns and Money

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Sunnyways @ Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am

Incredible that Morneau’s family is also involved. The guy has no end of money.

Given his limited talents, Trudeau’s had a remarkable run but the Liberals need a new face for the next election. Better to make the change now than later, after yet another scandal. I’d like to see Freeland get a chance to run the country.

One good thing about the British parliamentary system - fewer geezers in charge. Look at the choice down south. Political parties tend to be better than the public at weeding the old out.

Scape @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:22 pm

WE Charity says Trudeau government told them to pay students less than minimum wage

Scape @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Bill Morneau says he wrote a $41K cheque to WE today for expenses related to his family's trips with WE.

$1:
“I had expected & always had intended to pay the full cost of these trips… not doing so, even unknowingly, is not appropriate. I want to apologize for this error,” he said

Trudeau gov. contract for $912M student program was with WE Charity’s real estate holding foundation

Thanos @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Paying back is the right thing to do. Which makes the Liberal hypocrisy over Nigel Wright paying back the money Mike Duffy abused that much more glaring. Always remember, when the Liberals go into attack mode against someone else over an ethics violation that in their own murky nebula of shifty caucus members, grifting PMO rats, five-finger-discount operatives, and assorted bagmen there will always be someone who's done something much, much worse. But, but, that $16 glass of orange juice is simply unforgivable! Lousy lying fuckers. :evil:

Scape @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 pm

I was thinking Trudeau could walk this off but I am seriously reconsidering that. I think this will bring down the government.

Cripes, another conservative government sickens me. Pierre Poilievre is making great crow with all this but no one is more of a hypocrite than that man.

Thanos @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Nah. Chretien survived much worse. Can't see either the Bloc or Dippers wanting an election during an epidemic either because it would blow apart all rhetoric everywhere by making voters stand in line. And the Conservatives are leaderless and rudderless and are in the worst position of all the parties - they could conceivably end up losing more seats and Trudeau regaining a majority if an election were held right now.

The Liberals will always escape any meaningful consequences from their actions, mostly because (just like with Trump and the MAGAs) there's a huge segment of the voting base that will never turn on them no matter what happens. As far as the political parties go they're the lottery winners, the ones who always find the four-leaf clover, have the rabbit's foot in their pocket, and a horseshoe up their asses when it comes to lucky timing. And just having endless luck in general.

Scape @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Chretien survived much worse. Justin has a glass jaw and is no shawinigan kid he is all about the glamour and PR and not nearly about the brute force required to whip rank and file in line. He also lacks and fiscal discipline like Paul martin who kept the party afloat during the deficit crisis.

The only thing that is keeping the libs propped up at this point is the fact the cons can not broker with ANY of the other parties. That, and they have no leader yet. Neither of those issues are going to hold for long. They will get within striking distance to not need another party to share power with and they will rally behind one leader with a single issue.

The liberals weakness will have the people who control business see the shift in the tide and switch sides in a heartbeat.

Thanos @ Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:07 pm

The business community won't go anywhere near the NDP, for obvious reasons. And, as much as Trudeau keeps doing these endless pratfalls, I haven't seen the Tories give any reason at all to put them in power. The money people will see the same thing, just from the sheer chaos, disorganization, and potential schism brewing up inside the Conservative ranks.

Besides, the businesses all have enough scandals and ethics nightmares and outright crimes of their own going on at any given moment. I doubt the Liberal "indiscretions" bother anyone in the financial sector at all, except to create some jealousy among the bankers and make them say "how come we can't get away with that too?".

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:04 pm

A good synopsis on the WE scandal....

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pkyq ... er-charity

Scape @ Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:31 pm

$1:
WE, like any multi-million dollar charitable organization, especially one that benefits from tax-exempt status, deserves scrutiny.

In 2019, Canadaland did exactly that. It asked questions about WE’s corporate partners, its education programming, and allegations that it has a “toxic” workplace culture. WE provided lengthy responses to those questions, but also started proceedings to sue the media company for libel in litigant-friendly Manitoba.

Part of the claim sent by WE’s lawyers to Canadaland alleges the company showed malice “by misrepresenting our clients as litigious.” (WE had previously sued now-defunct Saturday Night magazine, which settled in 2000.)

WE has, this week, demanded an apology from Postmedia News and Toronto Sun columnist Brian Lilley, after they ran a series of stories taking a critical look at WE’s real estate holdings.

Strait out of North Korea. It's a cabal plain and simple.

Scape @ Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Morneau’s Family Flew To WE’s Kenya Compound, In Possible Violation Of Federal Law

The Kielburgers testified before the House of Commons finance committee, updates on the Nova Scotia shooting, and the plan for a Nazi colony in Cape Breton. 2020, am I right?

Scape @ Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm

DrCaleb @ Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:18 pm

Everyone who believes he will truthfully and completely answer all questions, raise their hand.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:58 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Everyone who believes he will truthfully and completely answer all questions, raise their hand.

Well of course he will. Remember, Trudeau promised to make govt more open and transparent. You don't honestly think he'd break that campaign promise, do you? :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

[cheer]

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next