Canada Kicks Ass
2014 World Cup

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 13  Next

Unsound @ Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Looking forward to the US crushing the boxheads tomorrow.

+5 rep point wager on that?

Cause rep points are all I can afford to bet right now :(

Zipperfish @ Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Looking forward to the US crushing the boxheads tomorrow.

+5 rep point wager on that?

Cause rep points are all I can afford to bet right now :(

yer on buddy.

xerxes @ Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:01 pm

peck420 peck420:
xerxes xerxes:
The worst FIFA can do is give him a 24 match suspension which is about 2 years worth of games.

The worst?

FIFA could ban him for life. Which would effectively end his career (EPL adhere's to FIFA rulings) as well as his WC aspirations.

Violent act during an international match (WC no less!) means that Suarez is open any and all disciplinary acts at FIFA's disposal.

He could, theoretically, also face criminal charges.

Edit:

Xerxes, you are correct, FIFA has officially given the review panel 2 match - 24 month ban range...whic, in my opinion is pretty ridiculous. Fixing bets...life time ban...biting a third time...max 2 years...must be nice to be a star.

Still waiting to see if Chiellini will press assault charges.

To my understanding, under FIFA rules players have legal immunity from on field antics.

xerxes @ Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:03 pm

If anyone needs a work note tomorrow, here's one:

xerxes @ Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 pm

My prediction, USA and Germany will draw.

peck420 @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

xerxes xerxes:
To my understanding, under FIFA rules players have legal immunity from on field antics.

Association rules (any association) do not supersede actual laws.

FIFA will do their best to dissuade Chiellini from pressing charges, but in the end, it will be up to him...granted, I don't think I would risk a black mark with FIFA (and the millions in contracts that mark could cost me) over a bite...unless I was missing a pretty significant chunk, lol.

DanSC @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 am

Halftime, so far things are looking like Freedom. Not nervous at all, nope, not at all.

EDIT: German score took pucker factor up to 8.
EDIT: Ghana tied, but if they score again and Portugal does not, the USA are out. Pucker factor 9
EDIT: Ronaldo scores, pucker factor 7.
EDIT: And it's over, advanced from the group of death. Probably facing Belgium next, so pucker factor 10.

Zipperfish @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:32 am

xerxes xerxes:

No, they do not have immunity (at least not in Canada). There is more allowance shown by virtue of the fact that they re playing a physical sport, and there is an element of consent by all parties, however they are still very much subject to the law.

Zipperfish @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:34 am

DanSC DanSC:
Halftime, so far things are looking like Freedom. Not nervous at all, nope, not at all.

EDIT: German score took pucker factor up to 8.
EDIT: Ghana tied, but if they score again and Portugal does not, the USA are out. Pucker factor 9
EDIT: Ronaldo scores, pucker factor 7.
EDIT: And it's over, advanced from the group of death. Probably facing Belgium next, so pucker factor 10.

Awesome! USA through to the Knockout Round. Have the game taped, or PVR'd or whatever the hell they call it these days. I watched the first 15 miniutes and Germany looked much better.

Belgium have not been playing up to expectations, so a win by the US isn't out of the question.

Zipperfish @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:32 pm

If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

Unsound @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:28 pm

:D

raydan @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I really hope you're talking about soccer. 8O

Unsound @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:34 pm

raydan raydan:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I really hope you're talking about soccer. 8O

Probably soccer fans.

xerxes @ Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm glad the US went though. It's good for building the sport in the US which has a real chance of growing into a properly mainstream sport apart from Basketball, Football, and Basseball.

xerxes @ Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Colombia has been totally irrepressible so far this WC and today was no exception. They completely out played a defanged Uruguay (pun intended).

And the Brasil/Chile game was a hell of a nail biter. You can see what it meant to keeper Julio Cesar.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 13  Next