Canada Kicks Ass
Games you are looking forward to

Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 31  Next

DrCaleb @ Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Just looked up the specs on latest COD it's 147G. 8O

One of the reasons I stopped playing it was the ~50GB per month updates that threatened to put my over the artificial cap my ISP inflicts on me.

If they can't get it right the first time, fuck off.

Won't happen. They like EA have decided to make their customers the beta testers for their games. It saves a shitload of money and then you get to charge the people who found the bugs, cheats and hacks for you, even more money to get the fixes that have been disguised as addons.

Exactly my argument for Downloadable Content (DLC). How many times do I have to pay for Nuketown, or some other map I have in 4 other games? :x

DrCaleb @ Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Downloading Half Life:Alyx now. 8) 48GB!

Doom:Eternal set an online record on the weekend, 100,000+ users playing it at the same time.

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:11 am

First hour of play impressions for Half Life: Alyx.

8O 8) [B-o]

Damn, it's fun! VR adds kind of the same thrill as going from EGA graphics to VESA or VGA did, with sound!

You are in the game, you are part of it. And the gravity gloves are just cool!

DrCaleb @ Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:58 am

Half Life: Alyx exceeded 43,000 concurrent users yesterday. As a reviewer put it:

$1:
And yet: Half-Life: Alyx is a must-play video game for anyone in a position to do so. If you already have access to the required technology—a full VR headset system, a robust computer, and a reasonable amount of space to move your arms while otherwise blind to the real world—you are in for a video game that pushes the notion of "full-length VR adventure" to its limits. The 15 hours required to beat HL:A on a first playthrough are dense. They are beautiful. They are full of unique puzzles, immersive combat, bona fide terror, and storytelling beats that all understand what does, and does not, work when translating a "flat-screen" gaming franchise to hand-tracked virtual reality.

Get it? Not universally "must-own," but conditionally "must-play." Comparatively, I'd say the latter praise is higher than, say, most any wild arcade or rhythm-gaming experience that has required additional, bulky hardware. This is not Dance Dance Revolution or Guitar Hero. This is bigger. The sheer tingle I feel when I recall HL:A's brilliant and thrilling moments is up there with any video game experience I've had in my 24 years of gaming criticism.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/ ... then-some/

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

I have never been more freaked out, than being is a totally dark environment with only a little light, surrounded by the sounds of monsters and having the cat come and rub against my leg. 8O

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 am

BartSimpson @ Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:20 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I have never been more freaked out, than being is a totally dark environment with only a little light, surrounded by the sounds of monsters and having the cat come and rub against my leg. 8O

ROTFL

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:55 am

Finished Half Life: Alyx.

Simply amazing. Words are hard to describe the experience. It's not a cool thing just made to exploit the cool new tech like some of the titles I have, it's a full on exploitation of a new form of entertainment.

There was a point in the story where gravity gets all messed up. You are walking down a hallway where the floor starts to curve downward and the room appears to have it's inverse mirror on the ceiling, and I literally thought I was going to fall over on the floor because of the vertigo I experienced!

VR makes the gaming experience so much more intense.

Thanos @ Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:59 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

VR makes the gaming experience so much more intense.

And then some. :twisted:

Jack_Styner @ Sat May 09, 2020 1:26 am

hey anyone read the last of us 2 story that was leaked? if yes how do u guys feel about it? are u still gonna play it? https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/ ... definitely

xerxes @ Sat May 09, 2020 9:18 am

I'll play it because I'm doing my damnedest to avoid the spoilers. The Last of Us was an exceptional game and I have no doubt part 2 will be just as good

BartSimpson @ Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Battlefield Six has been announced for around April 2021.

I hope it doesn't suck like BF5 did.

xerxes @ Sat May 09, 2020 3:12 pm

You still have faith in EA after all this time?

xerxes @ Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 pm

A Game I was looking forward/backward too:

The game has been remastered in 4K and it looks pretty good and still plays well considering it's age. I know I'll be taking a trip down memory lane before EA bought up Westwood and ruined like they have everything else.

Tricks @ Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:08 pm

I have the same feeling towards the rumoured Diablo 2 remaster, from Blizzard before Activision ruined them.

Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 31  Next