Canada Kicks Ass
A few facts about prescription drug..

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

CanadianLynx @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:49 am

GunRunner GunRunner:
that you should know, but no one likes to talk about...

Did you know that "all" drugs have side effects, all drugs are poisonous, and "all" drugs "can" kill you....

I can just hear tha cat calls now.... but think about it, why would you take something that is not good for you when you're well, but they say it will help you get better, when your sick????

And by the way, the drugs companies so far, in all their history, have not yet found one cure for any disease......

How do you know if the dispensed prescription from the pharmacy hasen't past its shelf life?and if it has by how long?

Nasty rumour in Chinatown about a pharmacy dispensing outdated meds.

I've taken some meds that have been outdated by 2yrs,but then thats was only advil.No way I take anything that was oudated in liquid form.

Thematic-Device @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:39 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
There are also many theories supporting the idea that the large increase in allergies and asthmatic cases are a result of a "bored" immune system. In other words, an immune system, in the absense of the usual threats has found other "threats" to occupy it.

I'd say that pollutants would be a better explanation of asthma

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:53 am

Thematic-Device Thematic-Device:
DerbyX DerbyX:
There are also many theories supporting the idea that the large increase in allergies and asthmatic cases are a result of a "bored" immune system. In other words, an immune system, in the absense of the usual threats has found other "threats" to occupy it.

I'd say that pollutants would be a better explanation of asthma

Pollutants are a trigger. Cold crisp air is also a trigger as well as most substances that cause allergies. The incidents of asthma are much higher in the "more healthier" and have been sharply rising. Pollutants used to be real bad in many areas during the industrial revolution yet asthma cases were not associated with them. Allergy & asthma cases are very high in the western world, particularily in the middle-class where healthcare is still abundant and exposure conditions are greatly diminished. In addition there is actually an increase # of cases for people coming from the less polluted, less urbanized areas. The logic behind the theory is sound and the facts appear to support it. That doesn't mean that pollution isn't problematic for asthma suffers it just means that it may not be the trigger. Asthma & allergies are funny things. People just suddenly become "allergic" or "asthmatic". I wasn't allergic to anything until I turned 19 and then all of a sudden, poof. Now I get the fun of weepy, watery eyes; constant sneezing; a stuffed up nose most of the time; and all the general suckiness of it. Yeah! :(

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:27 pm

Hmmmm.... where do I start???? IMHO drugs are not the answer to the health problems today. Some drugs are useful, at times, for the short term, but for long term use, I feel they are a very bad idea.

ALL disease starts at the cell level, and what I'm saying is we aren't providing our bodies with the proper nutrition these day, to stay healthy. The problem is not that there are more bugs today, or that they are more dangerous than they were before, the problem is, that our immune systems are over worked under nurished, and becoming weaker by the year. Look at how many "new" auto-immune disease there are now. When I was a kid back in the 60's none of them exsited excepted maybe diabetes. No one in school had this attention disorder. There were no kids in my school that had cancer.... and the list goes on. But I remember one thing we had back then, that hardly anyone has any more, and that was a vegtable garden in our back yard. In fact, I can't think of one family in my home town, that did not have a garden!!!!!!

Now you say, well hell, I can get all the veggies I want at the supermarket Yea, sure you can, but there is one big and very important difference between store bought and home grown vegtables and fruit! That stuff we get at the market this days, were most likely picked "green" before they were shipped!!!! Vegtables and Fruit produce something called Vito-chemicals, which by the way, are vital for a healthy immune system, and guess what????? they are only produced in the plant in the last 24 to 48 hr when the plant ripens..... so if the fruit of veggie is picked green, no vito-chemicals!!!!

Another thing, no one back then ate at fast food resturants 2 or 3 times a week (this included KFC pizza and hamburger joints)... why???? because they didn't exsited on ever street corner like they do today. Also pop was something we only got on the weekend as a treat.... Look a the kids today, they drink it like we drank milk and water.... and you wonder why we are getting sicker and sicker??? Well the bad news is, you're doing it yourself!

More to come...

xerxes @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:32 pm

But can you ever be healthy enough to fight off every contagion that would do your body harm? I agree that nutrition is a big part of the equation but I think that no matter how healthy you are, there will always be something waiting to strike you down.

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:42 pm

xerxes xerxes:
But can you ever be healthy enough to fight off every contagion that would do your body harm? I agree that nutrition is a big part of the equation but I think that no matter how healthy you are, there will always be something waiting to strike you down.

Not only is that impossible but not even desirable. Our bodies contain billions of normal bacterial floral. In fact a medical condition known as AAD (antiobiotic associated diarrhea) happens when antibiotic treatment alters the normal bacterial population by killing most of the "good" bacteria and allowing the "bad" bacteria to overgrow.

canucker @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:45 pm

GunRunner sounds a lot like Tom Cruise... :wink:

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:50 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Well, think about it. How did we get to were we are now???? I'm talking about the last 10 or 20 thousand years.. Back when man what a hunter gatherer about 10,000 years ago, they say most of them were around 6" tall and lived into their 70's.... I think our demise, if I can call it that, was when man started to farm and cook his food. Now, this is putting it into rather simple terms, but fresh vegtables and 10 time better for you than cooked ones, and I bet raw meat is most likely better too, but I haven't really looked into that yet...

I guess what I'm trying to say, man has survived for thousand of years without drugs, and look at us now! Back in 1940, only 2% of the American population was dealing with cancer, not dieing from it, just dealing with it, and today, after spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to battle it, it's now the No2 killer, just behind heard disease!

Almost every single time someone goes to the doctor today, what does he or she do for almost any problem you have??? Perscribe a drug for your problem...

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:53 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
xerxes xerxes:

Not only is that impossible but not even desirable. Our bodies contain billions of normal bacterial floral. In fact a medical condition known as AAD (antiobiotic associated diarrhea) happens when antibiotic treatment alters the normal bacterial population by killing most of the "good" bacteria and allowing the "bad" bacteria to overgrow.

Yea, because you immune system is not working properly!!!! If your healthy and your immune system is working properly, this AAD with "never" happen...

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:56 pm

GunRunner GunRunner:
xerxes xerxes:

Well, think about it. How did we get to were we are now???? I'm talking about the last 10 or 20 thousand years.. Back when man what a hunter gatherer about 10,000 years ago, they say most of them were around 6" tall and lived into their 70's.... I think our demise, if I can call it that, was when man started to farm and cook his food. Now, this is putting it into rather simple terms, but fresh vegtables and 10 time better for you than cooked ones, and I bet raw meat is most likely better too, but I haven't really looked into that yet...

I guess what I'm trying to say, man has survived for thousand of years without drugs, and look at us now! Back in 1940, only 2% of the American population was dealing with cancer, not dieing from it, just dealing with it, and today, after spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to battle it, it's now the No2 killer, just behind heard disease!

Almost every single time someone goes to the doctor today, what does he or she do for almost any problem you have??? Perscribe a drug for your problem...

Of course life expectancies were in to 30's not 50's. The fact is that many drugs are completely beneficial. Take Asthma. Flowvent (or Salbutamol) saves their lives. When there airways constrict this drug works almost instantly to reverse it. Without this drug they would eventually have an episode where their airway constricts to much and it kills them. Antibiotics save lives. Synthetic insulin saves lives. I'm sorry Gunrunner, but the opinion that all drugs are bad (m'Kay) is just not true.

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:58 pm

canucker canucker:
GunRunner sounds a lot like Tom Cruise... :wink:

Ha haa.... but to tell truth, some of the stuff Tom says is right! I just think his pushing of this science-toligy (SP) has put alot of people off, so they don't listen to anything he says now....

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:58 pm

GunRunner GunRunner:
DerbyX DerbyX:
xerxes xerxes:

Yea, because you immune system is not working properly!!!! If your healthy and your immune system is working properly, this AAD with "never" happen...

No. This can happen when peple take certain antibiotics, antibiotics that save their life. It happens in our intestins where our immune system has little affect or it would also attack the "good" bacteria.

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:05 pm

$1:
Of course life expectancies were in to 30's not 50's. The fact is that many drugs are completely beneficial. Take Asthma. Flowvent (or Salbutamol) saves their lives. When there airways constrict this drug works almost instantly to reverse it. Without this drug they would eventually have an episode where their airway constricts to much and it kills them. Antibiotics save lives. Synthetic insulin saves lives. I'm sorry Gunrunner, but the opinion that all drugs are bad (m'Kay) is just not true.

Check out how much asthma has increase in the gereral population just in the last couple of years...

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r980424.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/ ... 0653.shtml

And you haven't read all my posts. I said some drugs are good for the short term.... but I will never need any.... and like you, I have cancer in my body right now, but, I will never die from it.... can you say the same?

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:08 pm

$1:
No. This can happen when peple take certain antibiotics, antibiotics that save their life. It happens in our intestins where our immune system has little affect or it would also attack the "good" bacteria.

Well, if one has a healthy immune system, they wouldn't be taking antibiotics in the first place....

PluggyRug @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Think I will go out and eat some dirt.

We grow much of our own veggies. We pick apples pears and plums from an old orchard near the lake, blanch, freeze and store

No chemicals on those tree's.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next