Canada Kicks Ass
Myanmar (Burma) is purging itself of Muslims

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 11  Next

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 am

Agreed. It's not the first choice and it should never be the first choice.

But it always seems to be a viable last resort.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 am

Most of us here in La-La Land are too far removed from the angry bullshit that the Old Countries were all about. There was a reason all those immigrants came here. Multiculturalism is kind of an insult to those who left that nonsense behind to build something better because when it gets manipulated by those with an agenda all it does is keep the old hatreds alive in places where it's not wanted (e.g. Balkan-Canadians going to fight in the 1990's Yugoslav wars, the spectacle of Muslims in North America going off to join up with ISIS).

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Multiculturalism and diversity only work in North America when the proverbial "melting pot" is in effect and the immigrants assimilate into the existing culture.

What we're seeing now in the US and Canada is the immigrants Balkanizing and trying to supplant and replace the existing culture.

Mark my words: In our lifetimes we will be the targets of ethnic cleansing at the hands of the people we let into our countries.

And then where do we go?

Sunnyways @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:50 pm

I agree that everybody is tribal but we are also murderous, thieving rapists by nature and we try to control those tendencies. The word 'purging' in the title makes it sound like a good thing.

The 'in our lifetimes' prediction for anything depends on our average age. I'm thinking a fairly high number.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
I agree that everybody is tribal but we are also murderous, thieving rapists by nature and we try to control those tendencies. The word 'purging' in the title makes it sound like a good thing.

The 'in our lifetimes' prediction for anything depends on our average age. I'm thinking a fairly high number.

I'm thinking a fairly soon number because we've already had some ethnic cleansing in the USA.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... g-campaign

$1:
A Latino street gang leader and his son were sentenced in federal court Monday to lengthy prison terms for their role in a years-long campaign of racist terror and ethnic cleansing targeting African Americans in and around Los Angeles.

Since at least the mid-1990s, Latino street gangs across Los Angeles County have been targeting, beating and sometimes killing blacks in an attempt to drive them out of the region.

desertdude @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Multiculturalism and diversity only work in North America when the proverbial "melting pot" is in effect and the immigrants assimilate into the existing culture.

What we're seeing now in the US and Canada is the immigrants Balkanizing and trying to supplant and replace the existing culture.

Mark my words: In our lifetimes we will be the targets of ethnic cleansing at the hands of the people we let into our countries.

And then where do we go?

Well if this ever really becomes a reality ( which I doubt it ever will ), then its just Karma coming full circle, you people came over, exterminated the indigenous people and colonized their land. And according to you, this is whats happening again only this time you'll be on the receiving end.

I guess this can happen after all if you think about it, like fire ecology, when mother nature burns downs forests clean and replenishes the soil and in a matter of years replaces it with new fresh growth.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm

When Islam takes over it's like setting all the forests on fire then flooding the ashes with brackish water so nothing can grow there ever again. Nothing decent thrives where Islam is the rule.

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Or to put it another way if there is such a thing as Karma it's DD and his Islam that has to worry.

Tricks @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:
No, it was wrong then and it is utterly wrong now. The people who seek to justify such massacres are sick.

Sometimes it's what it takes to gain peace.

If you have a group that's a persistent pain in the ass to everyone else in their country then sooner or later you shouldn't be surprised when the 'everyone else' unites to deal with the problem.

Myanmar has 135 distinct ethnic groups and the Rohingya Muslims have managed to unite the other 134 groups against them. Some of the people allied in the ouster of the Rohingya Muslims are other Muslims.

:idea:

And after two successive world wars I also can't fault a number of European countries for telling their German citizens to GTFO. People will only put up with so much before they just want the problem to go away.

Do you or do you not support the killing of Muslim children in Myanmar by the government.

Jack_Styner @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 am

radicalists or extremists of any religion are bad. They commit atrocities

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 am

desertdude desertdude:
Well if this ever really becomes a reality ( which I doubt it ever will ), then its just Karma coming full circle, you people came over, exterminated the indigenous people and colonized their land. And according to you, this is whats happening again only this time you'll be on the receiving end.

Then what's your problem with the karma that's being visited upon the Rohingya Muslims? They're not native to Burma and their religion certainly isn't native to Burma so the Muslims can GTFO and go to Bangladesh or Pakistan.

Glad we agree on this. [B-o]

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 am

Jack_Styner Jack_Styner:
radicalists or extremists of any religion are bad. They commit atrocities

Moderates commit atrocities by doing nothing to prevent atrocities.

herbie @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 am

So we've all agreed that anything short of stuffing specifically members of the Jewish faith into gas chambers is acceptable then?
And the people without the guns are guilty of doing nothing about the ones with them...

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

Well, actually the Armenian genocide by the Islamic Ottomans was pretty crappy.

But yeah, ethnic cleansing is bad too.

Myself though, you can poll me with those who consider genocide as a whole new level of bad over ethnic cleansing. Wonder if we're the majority...

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 am

Semantricks are for kids

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 11  Next