Canada Kicks Ass
I got banned from an American board sticking up for Canada

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

bootlegga @ Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

newfette newfette:
kate maybe its best you just go back to your bunker... things wont hurt you there

ROTFL

JustKate @ Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Sorry I posted this. My problem.

I don't live in a bunker.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

but you have told us that you have provisions stocked in your cellar in case there is a major conflict.

JustKate @ Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
but you have told us that you have provisions stocked in your cellar in case there is a major conflict.

I never ever once said I live in a bunker. OMG, I live at Candle Lake, a resort village that is beautiful. I'm just well stocked here and dh and I are armed well.

Katrina, no, ice storm, possibly, we are just prepared for whatever so we don't have to go to some school gym and sleep on a cot. Sheesh, I have been definitely been misunderstood by some.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 am

Misunderstood? Threads like these have us thinking otherwise.

current-events-f59/canada-to-keep-watch-on-russia-s-arctic-activities-t66869.html

international-politics-f2/i-warned-you-guys-about-the-russian-s-t66780.html

canadian-culture-f3/canadians-need-to-prepare-their-families-their-lives-t66791.html

Public_Domain @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 am

There's a bit of a jump between "Ice Storm" and "Russian Nuclear Invasion", Kate. :lol:

stemmer @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 am

JustKate JustKate:
Was a member there since 2004. I got so upset over the comments about that FOX news segment I went ballistic and freaked out! I heard attitudes agreeing with that segment. Oh well, I'm home here.

Sounds like something Justin (mod) at DSLReports.com would do.... Ba you for being honest and saying something against his political opinion...

But i fairness to FoxNews it is my understanding that news program is meant to be satirical.. Something like Rick Mercer does... And Mercer ridicules Americans all the time and they don't get upset...

So it's ok for Canadians to ridicule Americans and not vice versa?

stemmer @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

Maybe we Canadians are too sensitive...????

roger-roger @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:03 am

I think quite a few are, look at the OHRC....

stemmer @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 am

I think it was wrong for Kate being banned if it as she says... BUT I don't think there's any reason for Canadians to be upset over a satirical news show... I mean what's next, Russia calling the UN over Don Cherry's remarks...

Grapes like these Rick Mercer and these Foxnews blokes are entertainers.. First and foremost.... they are not diplomats, statesmen or political leaders....

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 pm

stemmer stemmer:
But i fairness to FoxNews it is my understanding that news program is meant to be satirical.. Something like Rick Mercer does... And Mercer ridicules Americans all the time and they don't get upset...

So it's ok for Canadians to ridicule Americans and not vice versa?

Mmmm, no. I expect News programs to be fact based. If I want satire based News, I'll turn to the Comedy Network.

The difference between these asses and Rick Mercer is Rick lets the Americans ridicule themselves, and isn't an asshole about it afterwards.

stemmer stemmer:
Maybe we Canadians are too sensitive...????

Of course we are. We take this kind of thing far too often, most of the time we let it slide after a chuckle, and every once in a while it boils over.

"America has no better friend than [pregnant pause] England!" - GWB.

Remember that whole kerfufful? ;) It happened to be preceded by the ever popular "9/11 terrorists came through Canada".

DundasBill @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Remember that whole kerfufful? ;) It happened to be preceded by the ever popular "9/11 terrorists came through Canada".

Most Americans consider Great Britain their closest friend and ally. Every poll I've seen shows us falling further behind every year. Maybe they have been paying more attention to what we say about them than we thought. Kate's meltdown on the American website is a perfect example.

Zipperfish @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 pm

DundasBill DundasBill:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Most Americans consider Great Britain their closest friend and ally. Every poll I've seen shows us falling further behind every year. Maybe they have been paying more attention to what we say about them than we thought. Kate's meltdown on the American website is a perfect example.

Nations don't have friends. People have friends. Nations have common interests.

DundasBill @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DundasBill DundasBill:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Nations don't have friends. People have friends. Nations have common interests.

True, but people often see other countries in terms of friendly or unfriendly, and that can affect how they see their interests. Common interests don't seem to be helping us out much anyway. Who has more in common with the US than we do, and look what they're doing at the border. Do you think if more Americans thought of Canada as a "friend" they would be making us get passports?

Brenda @ Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Do you think that has anything to do with being "friends" or not?
NEVER mix business and pleasure...

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next