Canada Kicks Ass
A little problem with your forum Trev.

Previous  1 ... 167  168  169  170  171

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 am

Yes, https is totally the problem. If I go to the URL bar, there is a little lock icon. If I click, it lets me disable https: for now, and the site appears as normal.

Scape @ Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:19 pm

Confirmed. Https breaks the site.

herbie @ Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Back to css totally borked, logged off changing pages, etc.
Any progress to report? The site has become unuseable.

Canadaka @ Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Not sure what's going on, the site seems to just constantly be under attack. I complain to the VPS host and they block some more IPs and its ok for a few hours before going to shit again.

I have the site behind Cloudflare under "High" security and bot fight mode enabled. Also rate limiting, blocking "threat score" over 60 and blocking all traffic from Asia and Africa.

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

A company I take care of their IT also gets constantly attacked, but from the US. If you hang RDP on the internet, it becomes a huge target.

I block all access to RDP except from specific IPs. That helps performance, but doesn't stop the attacks.

Canadaka @ Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

There are no RDP ports exposed.

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm

R=UP

Scape @ Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 pm

I wonder if London Drugs could say the same...

herbie @ Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 am

Possibly:
had a bank of servers years back, with trekky names. The webserver sulu.domain.net got hit like this one. Changed the name to Q.domain.net and the IP to fix it.
Around 5 or so years later I made a new server for something else and reused the name sulu.domain.net w yet another IP and it was instantly under attack again. The new one used completely diff software and years later Ubuntu Server version.
I also gave up hosting any PhpBB 2.x and Joomla sites as they seemed to be hacker magnets.

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm

herbie herbie:
I also gave up hosting any PhpBB 2.x and Joomla sites as they seemed to be hacker magnets.

^^^

Port the databases to Mastadon. It's not pretty, but it's secure.

DrCaleb @ Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 am

Since the site has become more stable lately, I went to renew my Gold membership, but can't find a working link.

The "Paycert" link seemed to go to a CN Tower Merch shop. None of the Paypal links seemed valid.

Previous  1 ... 167  168  169  170  171