Canada Kicks Ass
The Walking Dead: Season Six Discussion Thread

Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  19  20 ... 25  Next

xerxes @ Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:47 pm

herbie herbie:
Series is totally dependent on the fucking idea ( the SOLE theme in 100% of these shows) that in any social collapse vicious gangs led by depraved morons will rule everything.
Like leave them some guns to hunt and 'sort of' protect themselves. Then Negan would get half instead of nothing and less strain on his resources.
Duh.

But at 6:00 pm it's better than watching the news where people in real life get to choose what vicious gang led by by what depraved moron they elect....

That's the thing that always bugs me about dystopian shows and movies like this; that the social order breaks down so rapidly and so barbarically. Would there be a major uptick in lawlessness and highwaymen? Sure. But people like Neagan and the Governor are the exception in society and post-apocalyptia was well.

There would be more places like Alexandria and The Kingdom than the Sanctuary or Terminus. And same the amount of people Neagan has with him too is BS. A few psychos here are there are bound to happen. But a few hundred all banding together like that? Please.

herbie @ Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Lord Of The Flies.
Gospel Truth for the majority, so no writer strays too far from the theme.

One of the more likely disaster themes was on The Last Ship, where they try to rebuid the USA and a hampered by entrenched political elites, generals with intact bases. All douchebags, but not totally nuts like the Governor or Negan.
The new series Last Survivor seems to be along the same lines though the disaster was political only.

Thanos @ Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 pm

It's basically what Glen Bateman in The Stand kept hinting at, in that in a disaster that huge in scope there's no reason to believe that only the good guys will survive. Take a look at Negan's goons for example. Half of them look like the were unpleasant enough beforehand, but now with the overall PTSD going from just being in a supernatural apocalypse and probably from most of them not being on meds anymore to control their behaviour they essentially become a pool of "talent" available and on-hand for any expert at psychological manipulation to turn into an army. Shooting Negan wouldn't help, at least not for the people that shot him, because those kind of guys are going to go nuts and exterminate whoever assaulted them before they collapse as a unit or turn on each other. Think of the biker gang that attacked the mall in the original Dawn Of The Dead. Their common awfulness was more than enough to keep them together, even if it leads to their own destruction.

I still maintain that accelerated modern culture is susceptible to a much more sudden collapse. Especially when the fuel runs out and the power goes off. Desperation does weird things, more so when the government and military that are being subject to the same stresses as the civilians are become incapable of salvaging anything and have to concentrate on saving themselves.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:12 am

I hate to do this to fans of the show but, I have the series spoiler right here. It all turns out that...the Micronesians did it.

BRAH @ Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Another episode that went no where ugh. The idea of having a community on a bridge could work as it's easy to access and secure from Walkers though it leaves you in the open to people like the Saviors.

BeaverFever @ Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:16 pm

BRAH BRAH:
The idea of having a community on a bridge could work as it's easy to access and secure from Walkers though it leaves you in the open to people like the Saviors.

I was thinking the same thing. But, there's gotta be better bridges than that little thing.

At least we're meeting all the groups that will join forces against the Saviours: Alexandria + Hilltop + Kingdom + these ladies, whatever they're called. Hopefully it's building to an extended episode 90-minute battle scene!

xerxes @ Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:08 am

It was called Oceanside I think. And I thought it was going to be a cliched group of Valkyries or something at first.

Thanos @ Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:34 am

With all those tough lookin' women, as a lesbian Tara must have thought she'd stumbled into some sort of pussy bar of her own. :mrgreen:

BRAH @ Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:27 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
The idea of having a community on a bridge could work as it's easy to access and secure from Walkers though it leaves you in the open to people like the Saviors.

I was thinking the same thing. But, there's gotta be better bridges than that little thing.

At least we're meeting all the groups that will join forces against the Saviours: Alexandria + Hilltop + Kingdom + these ladies, whatever they're called. Hopefully it's building to an extended episode 90-minute battle scene!

A larger bridge secured on both sides with RV's etc in the middle could make a secure community. They need to get to all sides agreeing to join forces against the saviors instead dragging this shit on and yes a 90 minute battle like the prison one would be epic.

Thanos Thanos:
With all those tough lookin' women, as a lesbian Tara must have thought she'd stumbled into some sort of pussy bar of her own. :mrgreen:

In the beginning it looked like Tara woke up on the beaches of Wonder Woman's Island Themyscira. :mrgreen:

BRAH @ Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Rick got his balls back!

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 am

BRAH BRAH:
Rick got his balls back!

I have this on DVR and will have to watch it later this week! [B-o]

Thanos @ Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Negan looks way more intimidating without the beard. JDM lost like half his body weight for a role in Texas Rising on the History channel. Went all the way down to 130 lbs which for a 6'2" guy is pretty damn skeletal. He says he's now around 175 but that's still light for a big man. Makes him look gaunt as fuck.

There was the story about Vlad Tepes where he gave overnight shelter in his castle to a travelling merchant. The merchant was carrying a few hundred gold pieces. The merchant knew about Vlad's murderous reputation so he decided to be completely honest with the prince on how much money he was carrying. In the morning Vlad insisted that the merchant count his gold to make sure none had been stolen. He did so and found his count was off by one piece, in that there was an extra coin. He told Vlad that there was too much money. Vlad said that it was good that the merchant was honest because he had an extra coin added in while the merchant was sleeping. If the merchant had said that all the money was there but didn't mention the extra coin Vlad would have known he was a dishonest liar and would have had him impaled. Negan's pretty much the same. If they're straight up with him and don't try to pull any bullshit or lie to him they'll get away with a beating at worst (see Aaron last night). If they lie then he'll fuck them up (see Spencer's suck-up routine gone wrong and Olivia paying the price for Rosita's reckless anger).

Negan - lawful evil
Governor/Termites -neutral evil
Wolves/Randall/random raiders - chaotic evil
Once again, as per the classic AD&D alignment scale, the more disciplined the evil is the far more dangerous it is. Rick & crew have to be on their tippy-toes because Negan is way too smart to fuck up and give them an opening.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I stopped watching this show after the jump the shark opening of last season, but even I have to admit - this - what's coming up, looks good.

Think I might give it another chance.

Then again it's just a trailer.

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:03 am

However...

Just when I'm almost ready to forgive them for the pussification of Rick, there are other details on their new direction...

so yeah...no thanks. Try again. Maybe later.

BeaverFever @ Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 pm

This just in: .50 cal Browning HMG will barely scratch the paint of Jeep Wrangler at zero range. It seems one of the unexpected benefits of the zombie apocalypse is that somehow all vehicles have become completely impervious to bullets.

I wish this show would hire writers who actually gave a fuck about the genre and subject matter.

Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  19  20 ... 25  Next