Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 329  330  331  332  333  334  335 ... 533  Next

herbie @ Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:23 am

My pity to those workers dealing with Karens today that think stores are public places...... the other half works today, I'm sure she'll come home with many tales.

Strutz @ Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:47 am

herbie herbie:
My pity to those workers dealing with Karens today that think stores are public places...... the other half works today, I'm sure she'll come home with many tales.

I'll be heading to work in a few hours to work closing shift. I know it'll be a busy day and I'm sure there will be some, shall we say, tense moments.

They are still recommending masks in public places for those who haven't received their 2nd shot which still takes 2-3weeks to be effective. Pretty much most people under 60 fall into this bracket but I know damn well many of all ages will abandon their masks. I'll share my observations later tonight.

bootlegga @ Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:31 am

I went to a few places here on Canada Day and most people were still wearing masks, except for one sporting goods place full of rednecks and mouth breathers. There I heard lots of snide comments about sheeple and mask wearing.

herbie @ Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:24 am

The SaveOn changed their sign on the door to "Masks are NOT required" and about 1/4 of the customers and one staff member were not wearing one yesterday.
I guess now it's no longer illegal, common sense is not required either. I got my 2nd shot on the very first day of the mass clinic here and TWO WEEKS AFTER is not for another 4 days. Not that I don't know that most of the unmasked are never going to get the jab anyways....
We don't need no ejja kayshun
DUHHH!
dumb dumb
DUHHH!
dumb dumb

Strutz @ Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:54 pm

I would estimate that about 75% of customers were still wearing masks yesterday. By far the majority of those who weren't were the younger ones (under 30ish). All of our staff are going to continue to wear our masks though. No real drama at least. A few customers did ask if we were requiring them to but we did take the signage down and said no, you don't have to, we are following the provincial guideline. I did have one chickyboo give me the rolling eyes and smirk and I was almost hoping she'd make a remark but she wisely kept her trap shut.

I booked my 2nd dose this morning for the 23rd. 10 weeks from my first one so that's pretty good. My partner gets his tomorrow.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:45 pm

I respect everyone's right to choose, but I will personally stop wearing a mask as soon as the edict happens. I'm tired of the hassle of it all, and won't miss them one bit. Luckily, I work in a place where I don't have to wear one all day, and only need to put it on when a customer comes into the office (limit of one customer in said office).

-J.

herbie @ Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Yet today, only about half the people were masked. Went into a supermarket with a "Face coverings Required" sign right on the door at eye level and the first six people I saw were unmasked. Then I noticed most of the staff weren't wearing one either.
Were they too dim to see the sign?
Is the manager too fucking lazy to enforce the rules on his staff?
I think both apply.
Clear evidence why the gov't HAD TO make some Covid Laws. People will not listen, common sense doesn't exist.
The vax clinic here began on June 21. Every single person is told by the nurse after getting the jab that even if it's the 2nd dose, TWO WEEKS until it's fully effective. Told and checked if they understand just like a cop reading you your rights. So it isn't 2 weeks yet even if you got the 2nd jab the first day like me.
The funny part is you don't have to worry if it's an unmasked native, the Band Office hunted down and made every member get the jabs weeks before anyone else. It's the white Covid Karens and Kevins to worry about.

DrCaleb @ Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Border restrictions to begin easing slowly for fully vaccinated Canadian travellers Monday

Scape @ Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:35 pm

herbie herbie:
Yet today, only about half the people were masked. Went into a supermarket with a "Face coverings Required" sign right on the door at eye level and the first six people I saw were unmasked. Then I noticed most of the staff weren't wearing one either.
Were they too dim to see the sign?
Is the manager too fucking lazy to enforce the rules on his staff?
I think both apply.
Clear evidence why the gov't HAD TO make some Covid Laws. People will not listen, common sense doesn't exist.
The vax clinic here began on June 21. Every single person is told by the nurse after getting the jab that even if it's the 2nd dose, TWO WEEKS until it's fully effective. Told and checked if they understand just like a cop reading you your rights. So it isn't 2 weeks yet even if you got the 2nd jab the first day like me.
The funny part is you don't have to worry if it's an unmasked native, the Band Office hunted down and made every member get the jabs weeks before anyone else. It's the white Covid Karens and Kevins to worry about.

The virus doesn't care it just wants to replicate. A unmasked Karen is an easy mark.

raydan @ Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:34 pm

DrCaleb @ Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:40 am

Canada didn't invoke dispute clause when Chinese vaccine deal fell apart, documents reveal

bootlegga @ Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:11 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Canada didn't invoke dispute clause when Chinese vaccine deal fell apart, documents reveal

I have to agree with the guy in that video - there will have to be a reckoning with China over their behaviour during the pandemic (as well as Xinjiang, Two Michaels, Hong Kong, etc.).

Scape @ Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:27 pm

The Lambda COVID-19 variant: What do we know about it?

$1:
TORONTO -- A recently designated COVID-19 variant of interest by the World Health Organization is coming under scrutiny as more cases are being detected in multiple countries, and amid concerns that it carries mutations that could potentially make it more resistant to neutralizing antibodies.

The newly labelled Lambda variant, or C.37, was first detected as early as last August 2020 in Peru and was being monitored as an alert for some time prior to its new designation. As of mid-June, the variant had been detected in 29 countries or territories with a particularly high prevalence in South America.

“Lambda has been associated with substantive rates of community transmission in multiple countries, with rising prevalence over time concurrent with increased COVID-19 incidence,” the global health agency wrote in its Weekly Epidemiological Update published on June 15.

herbie @ Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Looked at someone unmasked at Costco the other day. He noticed made a needle in the arm motion, winked thumbs upped and pointed at me raising his shoulders.
I mumbled back through my mask "Two more days" and thumbed up back.

It IS a PITA masking up in this heat wave. Was merely annoying before.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:14 am

Delta variant slams Missouri as ICUs fill and ventilators run low

Previous  1 ... 329  330  331  332  333  334  335 ... 533  Next