Canada Kicks Ass
Something which was incorrect about this Canada Kicks Ass pa

Previous  1  2  3  4  5

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:23 pm

"All you people act like this is the first time the US has had problems."

I am sorry to tell you - you have NEVER, EVER had a debt problem like this, my friend.
Not trying to be doom-and-gloom, but its a fact.

What surprises me is that its just beginning to dawn on Main Street, USA.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:27 pm

Of the Trade deficit. I think that trade deficits are easier to deal with than the public debt. I've kind of forgot what we are argueing about? The US has budget problems, that is known, but I don't see what you are trying to prove?

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:29 pm

isn't the only country with budget problems. Just have to put my faith in the people that have the know how to come up with something. You're not really tell me much new seeing as I have been to the United States page at the cia.gov worldbook. I am aware of budget problems, but I don't see how this whole arguement fits in with my original post. All you keep doing is telling me stuff that I already know such as the debt problem, which is broadcast in New York on a screen.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:31 pm

Not trying to prove a thing. I just fear the United States is headed on a financial "Highway to Hell" and most voters are not aware of it.

This could be one of the most important elections in your history, and most people are talking about the wrong things - or worse; just waving a flag.

I wish I could just shout "WAKE UP!" to all of them.

I like America very much - spent part of my youth growing up there. And I dont want to see anything bad happen to it. Besides, it would hurt Canada badly, too.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:32 pm

I go to the world factbook and I can read about the stagnation of the middle class families income, jobs going overseas, etc...I still haven't seen what you are trying to prove.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:33 pm

I go to the world factbook and I can read about the stagnation of the middle class families income, jobs going overseas, etc...I still haven't seen what you are trying to prove. My original post had something to prove, which was that Canada didn't lead the invasion of Normandy, but now you have just resorted to telling me all the budget problems of the US.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:34 pm

Son, dont tell me this is stuff you already know - when we were early into this conversation, you didnt even understand what the difference between "debt" and "deficit" was.

I can see this is futile - one cannot speak to someone who will not listen.

See you around.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:37 pm

our government having problems. This is the only main problem I have with people from other countries sometimes is that they think Americans know nothing about their country and that they know more. I have read about the problems with lobbying, and groups such as the christian coalition basically lobbying to push their right-wing ideas on the masses, and many others things. I'm voting democrat, although nadar could make a good president I think, if he only had experience in offices at lower levels. I look at it as voting for the lesser of two evils when I vote.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:41 pm

Budget problems if you ask me. We have the trade deficit because we are importing more than we export, and we have the public debt because they are spending more than they have. Dont call me son.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:40 pm

Johnnybgoodaaaaa Johnnybgoodaaaaa:
Dont call me son.

Oops - sorry. Its a figure of speech; one of many I use: bub, sir, my friend etc. I believe I used "my friend" back a while, too.
Perhaps that was an error too... :wink:

Regina @ Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:07 am

John, not sure what the original post on the Normandy invasion said. What they may have been trying to say, is that Canadian units were the only ones to meet their D-Day objectives and penetrated farther inland than any units in the Allied forces that landed on D-Day. None of the beaches were undefended and no gun emplacements were damaged on any of the beaches from the preliminary bombings. If you are aware of the German units fighting in Normandy, you should also be aware it was the Canadian's that were in constant engagement with the 12th SS and 21st SS. Although I feel overrated at times, still not shabby units and were the best equipped units the Germans had.
It doesn't really matter what country landed on the beach first, planning had them all landing simultaneously, for best effect. If this is actually an issue?

polemarch1 @ Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:42 am

Nonrev suggested looking this up so....

Reginald Fessenden

Learn something new every day.

Marlins75 @ Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:00 am

You say you're from Thunder Bay, but yet you talk as if you're from the States. Which are you?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5