Canada Kicks Ass
Saskatchewan, what you think about it?

Previous  1 ... 9  10  11  12  13

Canadian_Princess @ Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:30 am

No disrespect meant towards anybody from Saskatchewan, but I just don't see what the big deal is about that province. People from Sask always seem to be praising it for how "beautiful" it is, but whenever I see pictures from Saskatchewan, I'm less than impressed. Even the supposedly most gorgeous pictures just leave me feeling underwhelmed...the parks, lakes, trails, and fields don't look that spectacular to me, and to be honest, I've seen much more gorgeous parks, lakes, trails and fields in multiple cities in Ontario. We also have a lot more greenspace.

I just don't see what Sask offers that makes it such a great place to live. I've also heard its mind-numbingly boring.

RUEZ @ Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:45 am

Canadian_Princess Canadian_Princess:
No disrespect meant towards anybody from Saskatchewan, but I just don't see what the big deal is about that province. People from Sask always seem to be praising it for how "beautiful" it is, but whenever I see pictures from Saskatchewan, I'm less than impressed. Even the supposedly most gorgeous pictures just leave me feeling underwhelmed...the parks, lakes, trails, and fields don't look that spectacular to me, and to be honest, I've seen much more gorgeous parks, lakes, trails and fields in multiple cities in Ontario. We also have a lot more greenspace.

I just don't see what Sask offers that makes it such a great place to live. I've also heard its mind-numbingly boring.
You need to look a little closer.

Streaker @ Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:26 am

Canadian_Princess Canadian_Princess:

There are different kinds of beauty, and with the right attitude they can all be appreciated. Saskatchewan may not have the in-your-face spectacle of huge mountains and the like but I found its wide open expanses quite stirring.

BAT119 @ Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:02 pm

all everybody talks about is how flat Sask. is has anyone ever been up north? its true theres no mountains to look at, but the lakes and rivers are some of the most beautifull in the country. Then theres the hunting and fishing, try to find a place to hunt with more fish and bigger deer than Sask.
I have lived here all my life and through my work have travelled to every province, I still enjoy being up North with my freinds moose hunting, than in any other place. We also have the best football fans any where and every 18 years or so we pull off a Grey cup.

sasquatch2 @ Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:22 pm

Manitoba is boring for the most part. Then you get to Saskatchewan.......and you get the idea that Dave Broadfoot is right----the only place where you drive for three days and the scenery never changes...........yeah I had a car like that once.

Not far west of MooseJaw all that changes----all the way to Walsh Alta. Yeah I know north of the Hy #1/CPR corridor it's flat but........#1 is a bit of an adventure,,,,,,,

fifeboy @ Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:11 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Manitoba is boring for the most part. Then you get to Saskatchewan.......and you get the idea that Dave Broadfoot is right----the only place where you drive for three days and the scenery never changes...........yeah I had a car like that once.

Not far west of MooseJaw all that changes----all the way to Walsh Alta. Yeah I know north of the Hy #1/CPR corridor it's flat but........#1 is a bit of an adventure,,,,,,,
Well, at any place along the corridor, just turn left or right and drive a little ways. Saskatchewan is wonderful and full of suprises.

sheep @ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 pm

I'm just wondering if RUEZ actually moved to SK?

Checked real estate lately?

One here mentioned that prices go up only when people want to live somewhere, guess a lot of people finally got smart ;_)

And the ones who moved here before are even smarter.

Robair @ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm

My favorite part of SK? Elbow room! I grew up in wide open spaces, and that's where I breath easy. Mountains make me kinda claustrophobic sometimes.

westmanguy @ Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Well, I live in Southwestern Manitoba. Similar landscape to Southern Saskatchewan.

Its not too exciting RUEZ...you said you weren't looking for excitement, so I think you would enjoy it if you really like the outdoor stuff.

Me...I need excitement, the city, so I am getting the hell out of Manitoba, for Beautiful British Columbia (Vancouver) in 2 years, 3 months, 5 days (counting!)

Lots of work in Southeastern saskatchewan, with potash, oil, Sask Power, etc. If you want to live near some city hub, well their is Yorkton (Middle East), Estevan (South East), Prince Albert(Middle North), Lloydminister (Middle West), Swift Current (South West), and Moose Jaw (South Central)...their all small cities and not Regina or Saskatoon.

Buttttt really flat, and the roads are terrible, but if you want the simple life, with cheap real estate, and open spaces Saskatchewan is the place to go.

Plus they got rid of the NDP and have a pro-business Sask Party government! (Stay out of Manitoba btw)

RUEZ @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 am

No, I got my job in PG that pays me $24 bucks an hour. So until they shut us down I'll stick it out here. Anything could happen though, we are losing money hand over fist here.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:30 am

One of my Taiwanese co workers sent her daughter to go to school in Saskatchewan.....Canora to be exact. She visited the area during the previous summer......winter has been a completely different experience. I told her if the Ukrainians gave her any grief to remind them that they were former slaves(her family originally came from a region near the Manchurian Mongolian border).

Previous  1 ... 9  10  11  12  13