Canada Kicks Ass
It was nice knowing all of you...

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next

Jaime_Souviens @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Courtesy is not obligation. G'night.

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:14 pm

lily,

You can chose to associate my trustworthiness on my lack of courtesy for a person who wouldn't admit his own lies on his way out, but don't expect me to accept it. I broke my personal rule of not letting anything on this internet forum upset me, but I don't take these accusations lightly.

This is the second time I've been confronted with this supposed "forum ethics", as if they are something I should live by other than my own. I based my actions on the fact that I promised I would not spoil his fun, and do not care to break a promise. Had he been breaking rules, though, I would surely have come forward earlier.

I objected to his actions, as I've said many times, but kept my promise.

When he left with not a single explanation, I was not very impressed. He could have at least had the decency to admit his actions, if he was throwing in his hand. The issue of his age came up, and I decided I owed him nothing, as he's apparently grown tired of his "fun". I made the point several times that I had discussed the issue with him, but people would not believe me. I wasn't about to let him off with the disillusioned respect he'd "earned" on this site.

"Private Messages" are merely messages between members, and, as far as I'm concerned, there's no contract of confidentiality associated with them (private and confidential aren't the same thing).

If anyone is honestly personally hurt by this decision on my part, let me know (I'm certainly not expecting any complaints from the ex-member Constantinople, who doesn't even exist anymore). If the Mods think I've done something wrong, let me know. Otherwise, I'm sick of hearing about this, him, and your "forum ethics".

ziggy @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:18 pm

Maybe you were Con?

The plot thicken's. 8O

EDIT-I mean you know....you seem to know a lot about him. :wink:

Canadaka @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:22 pm

so does anyone know why he left? I should maybe disable the deactivate account.. Too often people have done it, then wanted back and its a big hassle to re-activate. Have to change a bunch of stuff int he database manualy.

Erinites @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:26 pm

Some reasons for deactivation might be different...and valid no less.

People get burned...
Then people get made.

C

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:30 pm

lily lily:
What are you most upset about.... that he made up a persona or that people didn't believe you?

Neither. I don't care about him... it's your accusations that piss me off. It wasn't a big deal for me until that.

RUEZ @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:48 pm

lily lily:
You've mentioned your displeasure at not being believed a few times now.

I had someone post one of my PMs before. That pissed me off.

I just hope you're never on the receiving end of this issue, Blue_Nose.
I guess in the future we should just not put anything in a PM that we woulnd't want out in the forum.

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:50 pm

lily lily:
I had someone post one of my PMs before. That pissed me off.

You think this means I'd post any private message from anyone else? Jeez, I wouldn't even post chat logs on the forum... It's a person's choice to decide what they'll say public vs privately. Const. chose to lie publicly and tell the truth privately. Now that he's not a member, I don't see how I owe him anything.

shame that I missed my 3000th post because of this damned subject... I hope you're happy, Const.

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:51 pm

Jesus on a pogo stick Lily!!! You sound like a jilted lover or something. Why has this become such an obsessive issue for you? Is what happens on the internet and in this forum such a large part of your raison d'ĂȘtre?? Move on get over it, you were taken in by his story like others. Why make Blue Nose the object of your frustrations?

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:52 pm

lily lily:
But still. The privacy of a PM should be respected. Post too many of them and you'll find your in-box remarkably empty.

Well, take for what it's worth that I wouldn't do it again, especially not with people who deserve better.

...and my PM box has been overflowing due to this nonesense :wink:

ziggy @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:53 pm

Is why Blue con got picked to be in on it.

(insert twilight zone theme song here)

Why not me or anyone else?

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:55 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Is why Blue con got picked to be in on it.

I didn't play his game for one... I was clear that I knew about his shenanigans... by the time he started with this 94 crap, I knew too much, so he had no choice.

ziggy @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:58 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Jesus on a pogo stick Lily!!! You sound like a jilted lover or something. Why has this become such an obsessive issue for you? Is what happens on the internet and in this forum such a large part of your raison d'ĂȘtre?? Move on get over it, you were taken in by his story like others. Why make Blue Nose the object of your frustrations?

Pm's are just that,Private messages,and if you knew how much damage can be done to someone by publishing one then you would know her concern.
She isnt telling you the whole story about someone posting her address or shite about her kids so lay off.

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:01 pm

$1:
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this was wrong?

You seem to be the only one complaining about it, so you draw whatever conclusion you want.

Blue_Nose @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:05 pm

lily lily:
Is that your not-so-subtle hint that lots of people agree with you?

That was an attempt to dispell the tension you've created over this issue. I didn't do anything wrong against anyone who didn't deserve it, and it's a big deal because of whatever forum history you have.... that's not my concern.

I won't post a PM from a legitimate member, period.

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next